RECLAIMING MY TIME, MOTHERFUCKER

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Hey Hollywood why don't you give yourself some more awards and pretend to be important political figures and act smug and piss me off
#374358 - 03/03/18 08:42 PM

Good job

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

more streakers needed to liven things up at awards and David Niven still around to make witty commentary new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374360 - 03/03/18 09:35 PM

Oscars need to pay exorbitant amount and hire Billy Crystal [best host for time being] as host for next 5 or 6 years. Bruce Villanche should still be lead writer writing the comedy material scripts for the awards, but he isn't around anymore. Mention the issues if need be, but don't drown out the show with all the various issues needing attention....and bring in streakers if need be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWBc-ir6IFM

-
The Streaker: 1974 Oscars. Host David Niven gets a surprise while introducing Elizabeth Taylor at the 46th Academy Awards.
-

--
https://youtu.be/EWBc-ir6IFM?t=52

https://youtu.be/EWBc-ir6IFM?t=99

"...But isn't it fascinating to think...probably the only laugh that man will ever get is by stripping off his [clothing] and showing his shortcomings".
-

iirc David Niven had mentioned wearing an earpiece in case producers had to say something to him while David was on stage as the host. He did well with providing an amusing commentary moment [comedy material] that was fed to him via earpiece as David was addressing the audience at the moment. It was on spot adlib moment and David pulled it off.

If things go sour, and Wavy hair doucheden is making a mess at the awards, summon Wilford Brimley to clean things up.

Teen Choice Awards - Family Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y3N7q1bwfY

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: more streakers needed to liven things up at awards and David Niven still around to make witty commentary new [Re: gregf]
#374361 - 03/03/18 09:44 PM

I think it's time to get rid of the shows altogether and just mail them the awards. They get paid millions of dollars for acting which anyone can do while having other people suck their dick, then that's not enough, they have to get together and suck each other's dicks several times a year on top of it. They look like a bunch of smug assholes that need someone to go full ape on them and literally rub shit on their face. They can fuck off with their self indulgent look-at-me political views and speeches, smugness, thinking they are remotely smart just because they can act and so on. Just about anyone can act, they just don't try or want to or have the luck required to get the first break in the industry. But I'm supposed to think these morons are the only people who can act convincingly.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: more streakers needed to liven things up at awards and David Niven still around to make witty commentary new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374366 - 03/03/18 10:15 PM

>with their self indulgent look-at-me political views and speeches, smugness, thinking they
>are remotely smart just because they can act and so on. Just about anyone can act, they
>just don't try or want to or have the luck required to get the first break in the industry.
>But I'm supposed to think these morons are the only people who can act convincingly.

Julia Roberts is one name that I am glad isn't prominent these days because she always went overboard on various issues and make a scene out of whatever the issue may be at awards etc.

If the clip is still on YouTube these days, on one of Howard Stern's late 1990s radio show episodes, Howard was talking to his cohost Robin and appreciating the work that the director was doing in getting Howard to put some effort into trying to act when Howard's movie was being filmed. iirc Howard said he 'didn't believe there was a need to study acting, but he then realized that movie filming and acting requires a bit of a change from being a radio personality to being filmed in a movie'.

It was one of the few times where Howard respected and gave props to what it takes for actors out there to be involved in film industry. I'll have to see if I can find the clip later. Unfortunately quite a few of Howard's old stuff that was on Youtube was removed either a year or two ago.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: more streakers needed to liven things up at awards and David Niven still around to make witty commentary new [Re: gregf]
#374368 - 03/03/18 10:52 PM

I get it that it all goes to their heads, it's human nature but at this point I think it's time for them to come back down to earth and admit these awards shows are completely ridiculous and stop doing them. But it will of course never happen and the only person calling them what they are is space cadet Jim Carrey.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: more streakers needed to liven things up at awards and David Niven still around to make witty commentary new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374402 - 03/04/18 10:57 PM

>these awards shows are completely ridiculous and stop doing them.

My view is the Academy Awards can actually drop the acting categories (both lead and supporting categories) and leave that to the Screen Actors Guild awards. Academy will still be in fine shape without those acting categories. Academy should be left to merits outside of acting such as screenplay/directing/music etc and best picture.

>only person calling them what they are is space cadet Jim Carrey.

His artistic (illustrations) works that took a stand against NRA last week was good, but he was threatened by gun fanatics about his illustration work. I applaud him for doing the illustrations, but he probably remembered what happened to radio show host Alan Berg being gunned down by a right wing crazy person decades ago. Jim probably decided to tone it down for time being.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#374418 - 03/05/18 06:55 PM

As expected, Oscars go fully "metoo", best picture goes to a movie that no straight male could even sit through and they lace the show with politics.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

I love to say "I told you so" new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374420 - 03/06/18 03:28 AM

Viewership down 19% this year on the Oscars, that's incredible. Yep, time to go fuck yourself, Hollywood. Nobody wants to watch you "play senator". STFU and go make a movie.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#374534 - 03/10/18 01:32 AM

>As expected, Oscars go fully "metoo",

I missed 98% of it and went out to a couple places, but returned in time to see Best Picture category and was punished for thinking "The Post" would be the winner and instead got treated to Charles' Schultz classic "Lucy pulls football away from Charlie Brown's kickoff" moment with a sea monster with a woman-y type thingy motion picture.

>best picture goes to a movie that no straight male could even sit through and they lace
>the show with politics.

I can sit through a similar movie theme with the 1980 movie "Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour because those two can/could act even though the concept of mental time travel of going back to early 1900s doesn't really get specific since it is more towards romance being the main subject. The music scores in Somewhere in Time are well done.

I am not sure about this supposedly adorable sea monster movie. 1970s kids tv show Kroft production of Sigmund and the Sea Monsters could be considered adorable, but not this sea monster thingy type movie. I predict a future spoof of the movie on a Family Guy episode down the road.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#374538 - 03/10/18 02:11 AM

> > As expected, Oscars go fully "metoo",
>
> I missed 98% of it and went out to a couple places, but returned in time to see Best
> Picture category and was punished for thinking "The Post" would be the winner and
> instead got treated to Charles' Schultz classic "Lucy pulls football away from
> Charlie Brown's kickoff" moment with a sea monster with a woman-y type thingy motion
> picture.
>

I didn't see it, you couldn't pay me to watch it unless it would be a sum considerably more than my tv is worth because I'd have no choice but to throw my tv out of the window. I wouldn't watch it even if they didn't try to play senator.

> > best picture goes to a movie that no straight male could even sit through and they
> lace
> > the show with politics.
>
> I can sit through a similar movie theme with the 1980 movie "Somewhere in Time" with
> Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour because those two can/could act even though the
> concept of mental time travel of going back to early 1900s doesn't really get
> specific since it is more towards romance being the main subject. The music scores in
> Somewhere in Time are well done.

I don't know that movie but I could imagine Christopher Reeve acting like a queer bait.

> I am not sure about this supposedly adorable sea monster movie. 1970s kids tv show
> Kroft production of Sigmund and the Sea Monsters could be considered adorable, but
> not this sea monster thingy type movie. I predict a future spoof of the movie on a
> Family Guy episode down the road.

I'm sure about it. I saw commercials and a review with enough footage to know it's a piece of shit.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#374624 - 03/12/18 12:20 AM

>>> best picture goes to a movie that no straight male could even sit through and they
>>> lace the show with politics.
>
>> I can sit through a similar movie theme with the 1980 movie "Somewhere in Time" with
>> Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour because those two can/could act even though the
>> concept of mental time travel of going back to early 1900s doesn't really get
>> specific since it is more towards romance being the main subject. The music scores in
>> Somewhere in Time are well done.

>I don't know that movie but I could imagine Christopher Reeve acting like a queer bait.

It's good imo....can't go wrong with Jane Seymour being in it. If anything of the movie, I liked the music more compared to the movie.

Pages: 1

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 68 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 750