MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: Nostalgia handhelds update
#374150 - 02/26/18 10:08 PM

A while ago Mr. Do sent us all 4 Let's! TV Play Classic handhelds and Sean Riddle has figured out how to dump them so they will probably be playable in MAME in a couple of weeks.

Click here to visit the DU donation page

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: DU: Nostalgia handhelds update new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374151 - 02/26/18 10:33 PM

> A while ago Mr. Do sent us all 4 Let's! TV Play Classic handhelds and Sean Riddle has
> figured out how to dump them so they will probably be playable in MAME in a couple of
> weeks.
>
>
> Click here to visit the DU donation page

I'm not promising they'll be playable any time soon. I'm looking at them, it's far from an easy task.

some of the XaviX games are close to being playable, others crash, it's going to take a LOT of debugging to work out why, it's basically like emulating a console that sits somewhere between the 8-bit consoles and 16-bit consoles from scratch with no documentation knowing that the CPU has customized opcodes.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: DU: Nostalgia handhelds update new [Re: Haze]
#374156 - 02/27/18 01:01 AM

> > A while ago Mr. Do sent us all 4 Let's! TV Play Classic handhelds and Sean Riddle
> has
> > figured out how to dump them so they will probably be playable in MAME in a couple
> of
> > weeks.
> >
> >
> > Click here to visit the DU donation page
>
> I'm not promising they'll be playable any time soon. I'm looking at them, it's far
> from an easy task.
>
> some of the XaviX games are close to being playable, others crash, it's going to take
> a LOT of debugging to work out why, it's basically like emulating a console that sits
> somewhere between the 8-bit consoles and 16-bit consoles from scratch with no
> documentation knowing that the CPU has customized opcodes.

Well least those get added. Down the road someone just might get those fully working. Even if it over 5 years later.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: DU: Nostalgia handhelds update new [Re: Dullaron]
#374157 - 02/27/18 01:07 AM

Haze will have it emulated in 2 weeks

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: DU: Nostalgia handhelds update new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374167 - 02/27/18 06:56 AM

>Haze will have it emulated in 2 weeks

"Make it so number one." ST:NG Picard's occasional response to Will Riker on tv series.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 154 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 767