View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

TrevEB
Brokering peace between the collectors and the Mame Community
Reged: 03/11/05
Loc: Oakland, CA
Send PM

Impressive warehouse score in Pierson Florida
#373951 - 02/14/18 04:48 PM Attachment: 89D07222-D665-4146-94A5-A69EA6A73B6E.jpeg 892 KB (2 downloads)

Posted on Facebook, Big collection of boards. See video links below

We found a warehouse full of arcade games, pinball machines, arcade/pinball boards, supplies, marquees, etc.
It’s in Pierson, FL.
We bought some stuff for our new arcade opening by UCF (Orlando/Oviedo) in March.
Contact @llanerajohn or Matt Eightway Gusman for info on the games for sale in this

https://www.facebook.com/thearcademonsters/videos/551505161879646/

https://www.facebook.com/thearcademonsters/videos/551473411882821/

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Diet Go Go Fan
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/18/06
Send PM

Re: Impressive warehouse score in Pierson Florida new [Re: TrevEB]
#373952 - 02/14/18 06:38 PM

Wow! This looks like it could make up for Shoutime's lost games. There should be well over 30 undumped boards in there! Hopefully someone is checking for undumped boards.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Impressive warehouse score in Pierson Florida new [Re: Diet Go Go Fan]
#373953 - 02/14/18 06:44 PM

> Wow! This looks like it could make up for Shoutime's lost games. There should be well
> over 30 undumped boards in there!

My eyes just rolled so hard they fell out of my head and onto the floor.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Impressive warehouse score in Pierson Florida new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#373955 - 02/14/18 07:14 PM

> > Wow! This looks like it could make up for Shoutime's lost games. There should be
> well
> > over 30 undumped boards in there!
>
> My eyes just rolled so hard they fell out of my head and onto the floor.

When we heard you were good at disassembly, we didn't think you meant that.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Impressive warehouse score in Pierson Florida new [Re: Foxhack]
#373956 - 02/14/18 07:47 PM

There might be 30...clones. That we won't even get a dump of.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Impressive warehouse score in Pierson Florida new [Re: Smitdogg]
#373958 - 02/14/18 09:34 PM

>There might be 30...clones. That we won't even get a dump of.

I'd like to believe one or two of those (clone sets) might surface sometime down the road from this collection.

fortuna_chan
Por que yo hablo español muy bien.
Reged: 06/01/08
Send PM

#373961 - 02/14/18 11:09 PM

Is like Wonderland, but with lots arcade pcbs

ArcadeG
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/21/17
Send PM

#373964 - 02/15/18 01:31 AM

Which were the games that shoutime lost?

agard
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/13
Send PM

#373965 - 02/15/18 03:16 AM

Hopefully if someone from the MAME team gets in touch with them & show them what MAME is all about they might let the MAME team have access to the collection, or put you in touch with whoever buys what needs to be dumped. Or even the MAME team could strike some kind of deal where for loaning some stuff that needs to be dumped, the MAME team could help in fixing stuff as I would guess there's quite a few that needs repairing. If it turns out there's is quite a few that needs repairing the MAME team could repair any that is fixable, so then making the sellers more money & again the MAME team gets to dump what needs dumping. A WIN WIN for all involved but I would say they buy the parts or use some boards to be donors that can't be fixed, as we all know some parts are quite expensive. You never know the answer until you ask if something like that can be made into some kind of deal.

GOOD LUCK & LET'S HOPE THERE'S SOME GEMS IN THERE.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Impressive warehouse score in Pierson Florida new [Re: agard]
#373966 - 02/15/18 03:45 AM

0% chance mame benefits from anything remotely close to that. This is a warehouse find by people who want to profit from it. It's all just profit. None of them give a rat's ass about mame. Warehouses don't help mame and arcades don't help mame. Ever. Even everybody's sweetheart arcade Galloping Ghosts has several games not in mame. Think we'll get the dumps?

agard
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/13
Send PM

#373968 - 02/15/18 10:38 AM

Well that has suprised me, I was under the impression that all those that you just mentioned was all on board with the MAME team. Well it just means that they all out just for the money & there not interested in getting as many arcade games into the next generation of programming & coding. Too bad

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Impressive warehouse score in Pierson Florida new [Re: agard]
#373974 - 02/15/18 08:08 PM

Anything an arcade would give mame would make it no longer an exclusive game you can only play there so that is seen as less money and they exist mainly for profit. Warehouses are worse. If you don't get right into business and make offers they want you out of the building immediately. The idea of them doing some charity work for mame is humor. They are basically the exact opposite.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#373975 - 02/15/18 09:16 PM

> Anything an arcade would give mame would make it no longer an exclusive game you can
> only play there so that is seen as less money and they exist mainly for profit.
> Warehouses are worse. If you don't get right into business and make offers they want
> you out of the building immediately. The idea of them doing some charity work for
> mame is humor. They are basically the exact opposite.

Keep in mind that an awful lot of the Taito prototypes in MAME came from an arcade warehouse raid a few years ago, although in that case we were lucky, and it was emulation friendly hands.

I don't think they actually managed to secure / process everything from that site even back then tho before it was all taken away.

In this case I've seen nothing from the guys posting on emulation forums, so even if it's a lost stash of prototypes like that one over here was, we're unlikely to see them.

But yeah, it mostly depends on who secures it and if they see $$ signs, or want to contribute, processing that many PCBs is a lot of work.

It's unfortunate that a lot of the time the best of these finds just seem to end up in the hands of people who only want to make a profit; the number of boards that have gone through the hands of people like Bill Burger, where a simple dump of the chips would have saved countless titles is rather sad, even if it's wasjust from 'junk' PCBs for non-video stuff, it would have been useful, instead it's all split up, ends up who knows where, possibly just trashed in some cases.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Impressive warehouse score in Pierson Florida new [Re: Haze]
#373977 - 02/15/18 10:24 PM

No warehouse would ever help us, but yes if a mame friendly raids one then we'll get dumps. 2 different things.

I'm sure Bill Burger hates mame and I'm sure mame has cost him more money than it made him by a long shot. We essentially bought a bunch of lower priced stuff hardly anyone else would buy but at the same time mame lowered the value of everything.

Haze
Send PM

#373980 - 02/15/18 11:39 PM

> No warehouse would ever help us, but yes if a mame friendly raids one then we'll get
> dumps. 2 different things.
>
> I'm sure Bill Burger hates mame and I'm sure mame has cost him more money than it
> made him by a long shot. We essentially bought a bunch of lower priced stuff hardly
> anyone else would buy but at the same time mame lowered the value of everything.

A lot of what he sells is random parts that are of no real use unless you own the machine.

I think you overestimate the effect MAME has on PCB values, I mean, just look at the them in recent years, even things that have been well emulated for a good decade.

Most are worth more now than when MAME started, a lot more.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#373981 - 02/15/18 11:42 PM

But they've always been lower since mame than they otherwise would be. The price would have gone up either way because they are dying and becoming more rare. The games people remember playing that sell for $150 could sell for 10X that without mame.

Haze
Send PM

#373984 - 02/16/18 12:26 AM

> But they've always been lower since mame than they otherwise would be. The price
> would have gone up either way because they are dying and becoming more rare. The
> games people remember playing that sell for $150 could sell for 10X that without
> mame.

They'd probably just not sell at all in that case.

There's a cap to what people can afford, that dictates the market more than anything else. people don't have 10x the current PCB prices for the hobby.

Honestly, I think with or without MAME prices would be the same, if anything MAME has raised the profile of certain market segments significantly causing an increase in the prices.

Back in the 90s for example, everybody seemed to think Shmups were garbage (and given the quality of most of the console ports / games they were used to, I'm not surprised) yet now most people have been exposed to them, primarily through emulation, the prices have sky-rocketed.

When I was given the ROMs to some shooters to emulate back in the late 90s / early 2000s, primarily when I was looking at Raine, not MAME (and when I didn't have the ability / experience to actually emulate them) I was told that they were 'junk' games that nobody cared much about. That was Batrider and Guwange (which was barely a year old at the time) I remember the years following that people started turning their heads towards them more and more (even after rejecting them as unfair at first) and now you see the market conditions that have developed surrounding those games.

I think without emulation they'd still be trading for practically nothing, as far less people would care about them and demand would be significantly lower.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#373986 - 02/16/18 12:34 AM

Agree to disagree. If there was no other way to play it I believe boards like Rastan would go for $1,000+ easy. Imagine how ichy you would be to play them again after 30 years if you hadn't had that mame satisfaction. There would be way more people collecting boards and running on superguns.

I would try to buy a house with a basement or similar area just to house PCBs if there was no mame. With mame I actually prefer not to own PCBs for the most part now because of all the space they take up and cost (even if they were cheaper) but if it was the only way to "own the games you grew up with" I'd be a PCB maniac.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1340