MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork X: Other Artwork Projects
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SteelTigers
STRAT Fan
Reged: 12/23/17
Send PM

Update: 1/22/18 - Massive Gameboy Advance Overlay kit update
#373088 - 01/14/18 03:57 PM Attachment: gba__1.4.zip 12276 KB (49 downloads)

1.4 release and probably the final release (unless someone notices an error or gives a suggestion that's to good to pass up), lol. Totally re-wrote the lay file and optimized it. Took out elements that did not need to be there. Added "Virtual Size" to each overlay, so now there are two size choices. The virtual size is just a tad bigger than the actual device. But it looks cool for those who would rather have a size choice of crazy big or closer to the real thing. A friend of mine commented with the "I don't think GBA was that big" LOL!!! Anyway...

You get all the previous artwork, all overlays are animated, two sizes to choose from. Added the latest "Virtual Matrix LCD" screen to the virtual sizes. Still have the ability to run the original size overlays with or without Virtual Matrix (For those who prefer there own scan lines or apertures) and that should be about it for this machine artwork. I think its final...

Enjoy...

--------------

Update 1/21/18

1.3 release. Added the ability to choose backdrops with or without virtual matrix and animations. Cleaned up lay file and renamed the video options.

--------------

Update: 1/20/18

Added Virtual Matrix 1.2 LCD emulator and bezel shadows to the over lays.

Recommended settings is to create a gba.ini fil and turn off all post processing to utilize the Virtual Matrix Screen Emulation. However, certain scanline effects and size can enhance the over all look...

--------------

Update: 1/16/18

Thank's goes out to "eientei95" for letting me know the buttons werent working correctly, the port bits in my lay file was messed up. I do apologize for anyone who downloaded the prior zip of this kit.

I had left old port bit values from another nintendo game and I feel very bad for uploading a goofed up input layout file.

It's totally fixed now...

Updated: Animated the LMR buttons as per Mr.Do!'s suggestion and changed screen dimensions to 660x440 on his advise. Should be 110% check it out!

gba-final2.zip is the latest and greatest. This one is as close to pixel perfect as I can get it. The buttons are perfectly aligned and the control pad rocks back and forth perfectly. I will call this one a done deal!

--------------

This Game Boy Advanced overlay kit is stuffed with artwork - 10MB!!! 8 different color variants with select camouflage, carbon fiber and some primary colors for the device. These came out REALLY sweet!!! Not only that, the buttons are fully animated and very precise. The four way button joy-pad animation really looks tight with the values added to the shadows and highlights, makes it look like its rocking just like the real thing. You also have the choice of running each overlay style with or without the button animations. I like choices and so I am giving many with this overlay kit for GBA. As usual, just tab over to the Video Options and there are over a dozen choices!

I used to love my GBA and wish I still had it, had a fortune wrapped up in it. LOL

Enjoy and let me know what ya think...

Edited by SteelTigers (01/23/18 05:57 AM)

SteelTigers
STRAT Fan
Send PM

Re: Massive Gameboy Advance Overlay kit new [Re: SteelTigers]
#373089 - 01/14/18 03:58 PM Attachment: gba.jpg 312 KB (5 downloads)

Overlay samples...

The digital camo is my personal favorite.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#373095 - 01/14/18 09:50 PM

> This Game Boy Advanced overlay kit is stuffed with artwork - 10MB!!! 8 different
> color variants with select camouflage, carbon fiber and some primary colors for the
> device. These came out REALLY sweet!!! Not only that, the buttons are fully animated
> and very precise. The four way button joy-pad animation really looks tight with the
> values added to the shadows and highlights, makes it look like its rocking just like
> the real thing. You also have the choice of running each overlay style with or
> without the button animations. I like choices and so I am giving many with this
> overlay kit for GBA. As usual, just tab over to the Video Options and there are over
> a dozen choices!
>
> I used to love my GBA and wish I still had it, had a fortune wrapped up in it. LOL
>
> Enjoy and let me know what ya think...

Amazing... very very nice.

I already knew I was going to need to update my page to start including the non-arcade stuff...

Now for the critique (sorry... but it's what I do...)

-- Since all of the other buttons are animated... any chance to animate the shoulder buttons, too?
-- On the Game Gear... the Start Button is missing that little "dimple" in the middle

Looking forward to what's next

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

SteelTigers
STRAT Fan
Send PM

Re: Massive Gameboy Advance Overlay kit new [Re: Mr. Do]
#373101 - 01/14/18 11:41 PM

> -- Since all of the other buttons are animated... any chance to animate the shoulder
> buttons, too?
> -- On the Game Gear... the Start Button is missing that little "dimple" in the middle
>

Hey Mr.Do! Thank you for the feedback. Yes, I will work on a solution for those two buttons and fix the GG dimple and upload new zips after I finish. I need to also re-do the screen dimensions, make it more "widescreen". Thanks again and have a good one.

-Steel

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#373105 - 01/15/18 02:47 AM

> > -- Since all of the other buttons are animated... any chance to animate the
> shoulder
> > buttons, too?
> > -- On the Game Gear... the Start Button is missing that little "dimple" in the
> middle
> >
>
> Hey Mr.Do! Thank you for the feedback. Yes, I will work on a solution for those two
> buttons and fix the GG dimple and upload new zips after I finish. I need to also
> re-do the screen dimensions, make it more "widescreen". Thanks again and have a good
> one.
>
> -Steel

Glad you mentioned the screen size part... I forgot about that... as the actual GBA screen is 3:2, you want something in that proportion... looking at your current artwork... 660x440 would be about right.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

SteelTigers
STRAT Fan
Send PM

Re: Massive Gameboy Advance Overlay kit new [Re: Mr. Do]
#373110 - 01/15/18 03:55 AM Attachment: gba__1.3.zip 9522 KB (13 downloads)

Sorry Mr.Do, I had uploaded a bad layout file on my last. Updated the attachment. The fix is called gba__1.3.zip

Update: This one is pixel perfect, everything perfectly aligned and ready for the world... LOL

Cool, I revamped the screen dimensions to 660x440. Updated the LMR buttons to animate and double checked everything and it should be good to go.

Probably other ways to mask the buttons, but I just did a layer in png and it came out really good regardless of the method.

I'm attaching the final zip here and on original post.

Let me know what ya think...

Thanks again.

-Steel

Edited by SteelTigers (01/22/18 08:49 AM)

eientei95
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/06/17
Send PM

#373147 - 01/16/18 01:54 PM

I think there's something wrong with the click regions for the D-pad. No matter where I click, it's always right, which is wrong.

SteelTigers
STRAT Fan
Send PM

Re: Massive Gameboy Advance Overlay kit new [Re: eientei95]
#373148 - 01/16/18 02:28 PM

> I think there's something wrong with the click regions for the D-pad. No matter where
> I click, it's always right, which is wrong.

OK, let me double check the Port Bit values... Thanks...

Update: Darn, bro you were right, I double checked the port bit values and they were wrong (left over from another project). I do apologies for the inconvenience of having to download a bad layout file in this kit. But I SINCERELY appreciate you giving me feedback and allowing me to fix this and make things right.

It's fixed now...

I updated the OP with a new file called gba-fix.zip.

Again my sincerest apologies...

Edited by SteelTigers (01/16/18 04:01 PM)

DrZer0
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/05/06
Send PM

#373151 - 01/16/18 04:33 PM Attachment: gba-reFix.zip 9572 KB (6 downloads)

Thanks

Edit: Maybe I downloaded the wrong file but, for me, the screen screen area it's still wrong.

I fixed it for my personal use, to the "maximum even/centrable screen area respecting GBA aspect ratio" according to your trasparent area.

If it's good for you, enjoy

SteelTigers
STRAT Fan
Send PM

Re: Massive Gameboy Advance Overlay kit new [Re: DrZer0]
#373158 - 01/16/18 06:04 PM

> Thanks
>
> Edit: Maybe I downloaded the wrong file but, for me, the screen screen area it's
> still wrong.
>
> I fixed it for my personal use, to the "maximum even/centrable screen area respecting
> GBA aspect ratio" according to your trasparent area.
>
> If it's good for you, enjoy

I was wondering about the actual screen size, it was suggested that 660x440 was a true 3:2 ratio, however I am open for suggestions on it. Looking at pictures of the actual unit, it does seem to occupy most of the screen real estate right up to the bezel edges...

I downloaded your zip, and will load it up and check it out. Thanks.

edit: That does look good. If ya dont mind, I will use the modified screen x, y and copy past the lay into my folder re-zip it and re-attach to the OP...

Thank you for the help

Edited by SteelTigers (01/16/18 06:20 PM)

SteelTigers
STRAT Fan
Send PM

Re: Update: 1/22/18 - Massive Gameboy Advance Overlay kit update new [Re: SteelTigers]
#373347 - 01/23/18 02:48 PM Attachment: gba1.4.jpg 442 KB (4 downloads)

> 1.4 release and probably the final release (unless someone notices an error or gives
> a suggestion that's to good to pass up), lol. Totally re-wrote the lay file and
> optimized it. Took out elements that did not need to be there. Added "Virtual Size"
> to each overlay, so now there are two size choices. The virtual size is just a tad
> bigger than the actual device. But it looks cool for those who would rather have a
> size choice of crazy big or closer to the real thing. A friend of mine commented with
> the "I don't think GBA was that big" LOL!!! Anyway...
>
> You get all the previous artwork, all overlays are animated, two sizes to choose
> from. Added the latest "Virtual Matrix LCD" screen to the virtual sizes. Still have
> the ability to run the original size overlays with or without Virtual Matrix (For
> those who prefer there own scan lines or apertures) and that should be about it for
> this machine artwork. I think its final...
>
> Enjoy...
>

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork X: Other Artwork Projects
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 37 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1740