MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

JB
CHIJB55
Reged: 10/22/03
Send PM

Bank Panic
#372846 - 01/07/18 05:22 PM Attachment: BankPanic_Rev4g3.png 2502 KB (6 downloads)

Had some free time coming off of vacation, and getting ready for the horrors of work next week (!). Was looking at the existing artwork for one of my favorite (and underrated) games "Bank Panic". So I redrew it. Possible there are better versions out there that I didn't see, and not 100% sure on the overall "green" color. But I mostly wanted to (a) clean up the old classic and (b) try my hand at redrawing the main characters as shown on the bezel.

As always, your comments are welcome.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Edited by JB (01/08/18 06:37 PM)

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Re: Bank Panic new [Re: JB]
#372856 - 01/08/18 03:41 AM

Sweet JB. Thanks for helping out.

You inspired me to start doing these again. I'm knee-deep in Tora Tora so please don't start that one

JB
CHIJB55
Send PM

Re: Bank Panic new [Re: Antny]
#372862 - 01/08/18 03:23 PM

> Sweet JB. Thanks for helping out.
>
> You inspired me to start doing these again. I'm knee-deep in Tora Tora so please
> don't start that one

Thanks Antny. Glad I've inspired you. On my end, it's a mix of (a) love of the old arcades/games and (b) and obsessive-compulsive thing that drives me to clean these old bezels up. Faded/missing colors, blurred/furry lines, missing pieces in the art, etc - those things get in my head and I have to do something about them .

AntoPISA
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

#372874 - 01/08/18 10:38 PM

> Had some free time coming off of vacation, and getting ready for the horrors of work
> next week (!). Was looking at the existing artwork for one of my favorite (and
> underrated) games "Bank Panic". So I redrew it. Possible there are better versions
> out there that I didn't see, and not 100% sure on the overall "green" color. But I
> mostly wanted to (a) clean up the old classic and (b) try my hand at redrawing the
> main characters as shown on the bezel.
>
> As always, your comments are welcome.

Very beautiful!
Did you even do the lay file?

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Twitter: @progettosnaps

JB
CHIJB55
Send PM

Re: Bank Panic new [Re: AntoPISA]
#372891 - 01/09/18 02:23 AM

> > Had some free time coming off of vacation, and getting ready for the horrors of
> work
> > next week (!). Was looking at the existing artwork for one of my favorite (and
> > underrated) games "Bank Panic". So I redrew it. Possible there are better versions
> > out there that I didn't see, and not 100% sure on the overall "green" color. But I
> > mostly wanted to (a) clean up the old classic and (b) try my hand at redrawing the
> > main characters as shown on the bezel.
> >
> > As always, your comments are welcome.
>
> Very beautiful!
> Did you even do the lay file?

No. I saw there were some instructions on how to do that somehwere, so maybe I should look into that.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#372909 - 01/09/18 05:31 AM

> > > Had some free time coming off of vacation, and getting ready for the horrors of
> > work
> > > next week (!). Was looking at the existing artwork for one of my favorite (and
> > > underrated) games "Bank Panic". So I redrew it. Possible there are better
> versions
> > > out there that I didn't see, and not 100% sure on the overall "green" color. But
> I
> > > mostly wanted to (a) clean up the old classic and (b) try my hand at redrawing
> the
> > > main characters as shown on the bezel.
> > >
> > > As always, your comments are welcome.
> >
> > Very beautiful!
> > Did you even do the lay file?
>
> No. I saw there were some instructions on how to do that somehwere, so maybe I should
> look into that.

I'm actually done with it, along with the CPO

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

AntoPISA
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

Re: Bank Panic new [Re: Mr. Do]
#372919 - 01/09/18 12:29 PM

Perfect! Thanks

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Twitter: @progettosnaps

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

#372958 - 01/11/18 12:34 AM

Great work!

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1020