MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

santa didn't get me what i wanted this year....
#372830 - 01/07/18 04:21 AM

to be able to use my switch pro controller on my pc via usb cable. (i hear bluetooth is so fucked up, it's not worth messing with). i think the switch pro is likely the best feeling controller i've held to date - the d-pad on that thing is PERFECT for retro/emu.

what are you guys using these days?

i learned everything i know from KC

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: santa didn't get me what i wanted this year.... new [Re: jopezu]
#372831 - 01/07/18 04:30 AM

> to be able to use my switch pro controller on my pc via usb cable. (i hear bluetooth
> is so fucked up, it's not worth messing with). i think the switch pro is likely the
> best feeling controller i've held to date - the d-pad on that thing is PERFECT for
> retro/emu.
>
>
> what are you guys using these days?

Love that controller, too... amazing.

I haven't tried it myself, yet, but have you tried this:

https://github.com/MTCKC/ProconXInput/releases/tag/v0.1.0-alpha2

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

Re: santa didn't get me what i wanted this year.... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#372833 - 01/07/18 04:51 AM

i got halfway through installing that and just gave up. maybe sometime in the future i'll give it another go (i have the 2 pre-reqs installed), but i felt like whatever i was working toward wasn't going to be a solid solution simply based on how cobbled together everything was (i think that tool is a 3rd piggyback program in that stack)

i learned everything i know from KC

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: santa didn't get me what i wanted this year.... new [Re: jopezu]
#372837 - 01/07/18 06:10 AM

> to be able to use my switch pro controller on my pc via usb cable. (i hear bluetooth
> is so fucked up, it's not worth messing with). i think the switch pro is likely the
> best feeling controller i've held to date - the d-pad on that thing is PERFECT for
> retro/emu.
>
>
> what are you guys using these days?

I hesitate to answer since I'm not doing much retro gaming these days (defined as '70s-'90s), but I'm still using a Steam controller, which now does a good enough job outside Steam, or a wired XBox 360 controller.

I got bluetooth functionality when I made my PC wi-fi ready, and my Christmas gift to myself was a bluetooth stereo headset. Range is about the size of the room. I wouldn't rely on less than RF for a controller.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 172 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 666