MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU Fundraiser: PGM2 emulation and a Toaplan prototype - DONE
#371309 - 11/23/17 06:36 PM

Thanks to the donators in the 3 recent fundraisers. They were all successful and we now have:

-huge load of CPS1 hardware sent to Phil B. to improve the emulation
-Atari prototype Cyber Storm dumped and waiting on a mamedev/emulation
-Taikyoku Baseball, Battlecry prototype, Battlecry Rev C and Japan Capcom Bowling dumped

For this new fundraiser we want to try to raise $400 to cover the costs of a PGM2 game Haze requested we buy because it's needed for PGM2 emulation. So if that is something you want to help us with, click below to help with the costs and mention "PGM2" in the note section.

https://www.paypal.me/ShouTime

Here's a pic of the PCB. It's an all-in-1 PCB version of Oriental Legend 2 as opposed to the normal cart system. It has a different progression system since it does not use cards to save progress, and apparently can now be 1CC'd.

As a bonus if we reach the goal, Shoutime will also dump his Teki Paki development board which was used at the location test. It's very different from the final release version.

https://www.paypal.me/ShouTime

Thanks to all the donators!

Mouloud Bessaad
Dulleron
Christian Ricolleau
Marisol Nuñez Serrano
Renato Mucciarelli
Jeffrey Gray
John Wilke
Darksoft
Ryan Holtz

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: PGM2 emulation and a Toaplan prototype new [Re: Smitdogg]
#371310 - 11/23/17 06:58 PM

>
> For this new fundraiser we want to try to raise $400 to cover the costs of a PGM2
> game Haze requested we buy because it's needed for PGM2 emulation. So if that is
> something you want to help us with, click below to help with the costs and mention
> "PGM2" in the note section.
>
> https://www.paypal.me/ShouTime
>
> Here's a pic of the PCB. It's an all-in-1 PCB version of Oriental Legend 2 as opposed
> to the normal cart system. It has a different progression system since it does not
> use cards to save progress, and apparently can now be 1CC'd.
>
>

Specifically we need to establish for sure if the internal rom differs in any way other than the region bytes for these. while you can hack the existing ROM to run as a Japan version it needs to be properly verified. The current code takes some odd paths that suggest there might be further differences.

Likewise, despite the external ROM having the same version number on it (104) as the dumped set, and the same date on startup / time stamp on startup, we do need to make 100% sure that there are no differences as IGS specifically labeled the roms as 'ch' on the chinese carts and 'jp' on the Japan boards.

This is an important part of the discovery process for PGM2 emulation, in order to establish where the differences between sets and regions lie.

Eventually we might need the IO MCUs decapping too if it turns out that those MCUs are tied to it all in some kind of region specific way, but at this point that is unknown. We know on the cart games the motherboard IO MCU is mostly used for the Card Reader.

Consider that Peter has already fronted a large amount of his own personal money to buy the Chinese Oriental Legend 2, Knights of Valour 2 New Legend, Dodonpachi Daioujou Tamashii, Knights of Valour 3 (x2, one of which is an undumped revision) and King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match Hero, as well as all the hardware to dump them and hack them (including a replacement adapter for the roms that cost 250euros after the one we were using broke) then Smit / Shou really aren't asking much at all with this compared to what has already been spent. All those other mentioned games will be fully dumped in the near future at no cost to anybody here. Don't be an Animalbear.

If those Chinese guys had actually done things the right way, and not hoarded the internal roms or source code then these initial expenses wouldn't have even been necessary, I hope everybody who was cheering on that ugly hacked up leak keeps that in mind. I've already had to deal with a bunch of people questioning why it needs doing because it's "already been done" and it's very frustrating to see that.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Sending $10 to help out. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#371311 - 11/23/17 07:08 PM

Welcome ShouTime. I'm Mitchell.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Darksoft
MAME and Arcade Fan
Reged: 06/17/11
Loc: Poland
Send PM

$200 sent new [Re: Smitdogg]
#371571 - 12/02/17 04:20 PM

Nice work guys. I just sent $200 your way to get these dumped.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: $200 sent new [Re: Darksoft]
#371573 - 12/02/17 06:52 PM

Great, thanks. I'm waiting to hear back from Shoutime for the full donator list.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

$150 sent *nt* new [Re: Smitdogg]
#371585 - 12/02/17 11:01 PM

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: $150 sent *nt* new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#371586 - 12/02/17 11:07 PM

Thanks. There's no way we haven't hit the goal here so I'm going to close it out and we will have a head start for sure on the next fundraiser which hopefully will start later today. I'll add the thanks list to the top post when I get the info.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 216 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1913