View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

MarlonK
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/03/09
Send PM

Baddudes not saving high score
#368489 - 08/02/17 10:41 AM

So yeah, like the title sez. I'm running 0.175, I have the latest highscore dat in the plug-ins folder and all other scores are saving just fine, but not "Bad Dudes".

Am I missing something, here? Or is Bad Dues not supported? I looked online but can't see any reference to this. Cheers.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Baddudes not saving high score new [Re: MarlonK]
#368492 - 08/02/17 01:32 PM

> So yeah, like the title sez. I'm running 0.175, I have the latest highscore dat in
> the plug-ins folder and all other scores are saving just fine, but not "Bad Dudes".
>
> Am I missing something, here? Or is Bad Dues not supported? I looked online but can't
> see any reference to this. Cheers

I did try MAME 0.188 and it worked as expected (got a score in 9th place, exited MAME and restarted my score was still there) for baddudes. Not sure what to say.
Is the baddudes.hi file even being written? Try deleting it and try again?

MarlonK
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Baddudes not saving high score new [Re: Tafoid]
#368494 - 08/02/17 02:59 PM

Hi and thanks for replying.

I deleted the hiscore file for the game and a new one doesn't even get created. I've checked all folder permissions and they're fine, although as I said, other high scores are working fine.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#368495 - 08/02/17 03:24 PM

> Hi and thanks for replying.
>
> I deleted the hiscore file for the game and a new one doesn't even get created. I've
> checked all folder permissions and they're fine, although as I said, other high
> scores are working fine.

you're asking for support on a MAME version that's over a year old

sounds like the solution to your problem is to use the current version, which should always be the first thing to check.

trying to mix and match dat versions, MAME versions and plugin versions is just asking for trouble and puts you well outside of the 'supported environment' bracket.

MarlonK
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Baddudes not saving high score new [Re: Haze]
#368496 - 08/02/17 04:09 PM

Yeah, I absolutely get what you're saying but the hiscore.dat I use is for Mame version 0.174 and above (I always check such things) and was basically looking to see if it's something non-version dependent that I should be doing differently.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#368500 - 08/02/17 07:31 PM

> Yeah, I absolutely get what you're saying but the hiscore.dat I use is for Mame
> version 0.174 and above (I always check such things) and was basically looking to see
> if it's something non-version dependent that I should be doing differently.

It looks like during MAME 0.184 dev cycle, that entry was fixed in the hiscore.dat file that ships with MAME: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/268319a08a1b34b62809bc2fdf55adee26844353
So, you may be able to download the latest .DAT file from Leezer HERE. If replacing our current installed hiscore.dat with that one doesn't work, you'll need to use a later version of MAME as well.

crazyc
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/23/16
Send PM

Re: Baddudes not saving high score new [Re: Tafoid]
#368503 - 08/02/17 08:46 PM

Quote:

If replacing our current installed hiscore.dat with that one doesn't work, you'll need to use a later version of MAME as well.

The only change I made to the hiscore plugin since then was to prevent corruption in missile command. Everything else should work without issue.

MarlonK
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Baddudes not saving high score new [Re: crazyc]
#368526 - 08/03/17 02:11 PM

Mmm...still no joy. I have the latest hiscore.dat, I've deleted ALL game configs etc. and started from scratch and still no score saving. The game doesn't even create a 'hi' file.

mhoes
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/27/15
Send PM

#368529 - 08/03/17 04:55 PM

> Mmm...still no joy. I have the latest hiscore.dat, I've deleted ALL game configs etc.
> and started from scratch and still no score saving. The game doesn't even create a
> 'hi' file.

Have you tried this with the latest official MAME version, as suggested earlier in this thread ?

MarlonK
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Baddudes not saving high score new [Re: mhoes]
#368590 - 08/06/17 12:17 AM

I'm resisting updating to the latest version because whenever I've done that in the past, I've had to redo a bunch of HLSL settings etc. and that takes an age.

I'll keep trying different stuff with .175 in the hope that I get lucky.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 266 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1618