MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

clrmamepro malware ransom agent geneeric lol
#365450 - 04/26/17 05:07 PM Attachment: Untitled.png 18 KB (1 downloads)

I gonna disable the remove to quarantine on this one.

I'll say this is BS.

Unless I got this from a clone website.

Edit. I shut the program down. There no way to stop removing it.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: clrmamepro malware ransom agent geneeric lol new [Re: Dullaron]
#365480 - 04/27/17 04:22 PM

That shit is starting to drive me up the wall with SEP as well. Most of the time, The exempt button is greyed out. You open the program, traverse the menu, then undo action taken from the quarantine... and it deletes the file again before you have time to point to it and add an exception!

Lately, I found myself disabling SEP altogether, only for it to grab and delete files... while being "disabled" (and even complaining about being disabled)

Is there any AV worth 2 shits anymore? Please, notify me and block all access/traffic/whatever from the file. UNTIL. I. CHOOSE. MY. FUCKING. POISON. Then leave it the hell alone already!

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: clrmamepro malware ransom agent geneeric lol new [Re: URherenow]
#365490 - 04/27/17 07:06 PM

> That shit is starting to drive me up the wall with SEP as well. Most of the time, The
> exempt button is greyed out. You open the program, traverse the menu, then undo
> action taken from the quarantine... and it deletes the file again before you have
> time to point to it and add an exception!
>
> Lately, I found myself disabling SEP altogether, only for it to grab and delete
> files... while being "disabled" (and even complaining about being disabled)
>
> Is there any AV worth 2 shits anymore? Please, notify me and block all
> access/traffic/whatever from the file. UNTIL. I. CHOOSE. MY. FUCKING. POISON. Then
> leave it the hell alone already!

I just tell my AVs to ignore specific folders. E:\Steam, F:\Roms, X:\Foxhack'ssekritstashopr0n, etc.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: clrmamepro malware ransom agent geneeric lol new [Re: Foxhack]
#365492 - 04/27/17 07:44 PM

> > That shit is starting to drive me up the wall with SEP as well. Most of the time,
> The
> > exempt button is greyed out. You open the program, traverse the menu, then undo
> > action taken from the quarantine... and it deletes the file again before you have
> > time to point to it and add an exception!
> >
> > Lately, I found myself disabling SEP altogether, only for it to grab and delete
> > files... while being "disabled" (and even complaining about being disabled)
> >
> > Is there any AV worth 2 shits anymore? Please, notify me and block all
> > access/traffic/whatever from the file. UNTIL. I. CHOOSE. MY. FUCKING. POISON. Then
> > leave it the hell alone already!
>
> I just tell my AVs to ignore specific folders. E:\Steam, F:\Roms,
> X:\Foxhack'ssekritstashopr0n, etc.

That is what I'm trying to do with the one that I got. I couldn't find a option for that. It like they remove it. lol

It only pick it up when I have cmpro running. What I did is kill it so it stop removing cmpro.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

#365498 - 04/27/17 10:30 PM

> That shit is starting to drive me up the wall with SEP as well. Most of the time, The
> exempt button is greyed out. You open the program, traverse the menu, then undo
> action taken from the quarantine... and it deletes the file again before you have
> time to point to it and add an exception!
>
> Lately, I found myself disabling SEP altogether, only for it to grab and delete
> files... while being "disabled" (and even complaining about being disabled)
>
> Is there any AV worth 2 shits anymore? Please, notify me and block all
> access/traffic/whatever from the file. UNTIL. I. CHOOSE. MY. FUCKING. POISON. Then
> leave it the hell alone already!

Personally I don't think so. They're all bloatware. The last Avast update added some crappy enhanced high priority silent game mode with broken detection so I had to disable it altogether. I don't want my antivirus to monitor what I do, nor search updated versions of my programs. I want it to detect virus. And. Nothing. Else.

The last update messed up something with priorities even with that module disabled, since now when I'm compressing with pngout, WinAmp sounds weird at every image load. It didn't happen before this last update. I wrote about both problems in the forum. Did they listen? 'We are in the process of enhancing the detection of...' Wait, so you made me run a module to enhance my user experience which wasn't properly done so it downgraded my user experience without any warning? Thanks.

At least I didn't pay anything.

I feel your pain.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: clrmamepro malware ransom agent geneeric lol new [Re: Foxhack]
#365516 - 04/28/17 06:23 PM

Which do you use? Is it a paid version?

Did you miss the part where it was blocking a file when the whole damn AV was supposedly disabled?

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#365517 - 04/28/17 07:19 PM

> Which do you use? Is it a paid version?
>
> Did you miss the part where it was blocking a file when the whole damn AV was
> supposedly disabled?

I use Malwarebytes and Avast.

As for the missed part, yes, I did so - I was just offering a suggestion, it's always the first thing I do when I reinstall Windows. Tell those programs to stop screwing with the folders I know do not have any viruses.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 449 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1432