MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Gals Panic DX dumped
#365279 - 04/18/17 09:31 PM Attachment: dx.jpg 22 KB (0 downloads)

arcademodbios.com sent us a dump of Gals Panic DX for the Kaneko Super Nova System. It looks like it's based on Gals Panic 4.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

title new [Re: Smitdogg]
#365280 - 04/18/17 11:45 PM Attachment: 0002.png 17 KB (0 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: title new [Re: Smitdogg]
#365283 - 04/19/17 06:15 AM

I wonder if it's one of those well done Asian hacks where the title screen is replaced (like KOF 10th anniversary etc.)

2001 copyright, the Korean (cat graphic) Kaneko logo, but an Asian region board? all a bit suspicious to be honest.

Maybe it's actually hacked from that Korean Gals Panic SU version of Gals Panic 4 that was missed some years back. (Still hope that shows up again because most Gals Panic SU boards are based on the other game)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: title new [Re: Haze]
#365284 - 04/19/17 06:19 AM

It's possible, either a redone remarket official version or a hack. I'm not a programmer, I've heard people say they can look at code and tell if it has been hacked vs source changed and compiled but I can't tell the difference myself.

Haze
Send PM

Re: title new [Re: Smitdogg]
#365287 - 04/19/17 07:48 AM

> It's possible, either a redone remarket official version or a hack. I'm not a
> programmer, I've heard people say they can look at code and tell if it has been
> hacked vs source changed and compiled but I can't tell the difference myself.

well sometimes it's possible to make an educated guess, depends on the nature of the changes.

in this case I suspect we don't actually have the original version even if it is a hack tho, so it's likely to be a different codebase to anything already in MAME making such comparisons impossible - that undumped Gals Panic 4 with Gals Panic SU title is likely to be the original IF this is a hack.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#365303 - 04/19/17 11:17 PM

> I wonder if it's one of those well done Asian hacks where the title screen is
> replaced (like KOF 10th anniversary etc.)
>
> 2001 copyright, the Korean (cat graphic) Kaneko logo, but an Asian region board? all
> a bit suspicious to be honest.
>
> Maybe it's actually hacked from that Korean Gals Panic SU version of Gals Panic 4
> that was missed some years back. (Still hope that shows up again because most Gals
> Panic SU boards are based on the other game)

Ha. Ka+neko (Cat). That's cute, I didn't notice that until now.

It sucks, but you may be right - this could be a hacked version.

Haze
Send PM

Re: title new [Re: Foxhack]
#365305 - 04/20/17 10:46 AM

> > I wonder if it's one of those well done Asian hacks where the title screen is
> > replaced (like KOF 10th anniversary etc.)
> >
> > 2001 copyright, the Korean (cat graphic) Kaneko logo, but an Asian region board?
> all
> > a bit suspicious to be honest.
> >
> > Maybe it's actually hacked from that Korean Gals Panic SU version of Gals Panic 4
> > that was missed some years back. (Still hope that shows up again because most Gals
> > Panic SU boards are based on the other game)
>
> Ha. Ka+neko (Cat). That's cute, I didn't notice that until now.
>

yeah, it's a really cute logo, not a new one tho, it's actually in a lot of the older Kaneko games if you set the region to Korea.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#365307 - 04/20/17 07:14 PM

> > > I wonder if it's one of those well done Asian hacks where the title screen is
> > > replaced (like KOF 10th anniversary etc.)
> > >
> > > 2001 copyright, the Korean (cat graphic) Kaneko logo, but an Asian region board?
> > all
> > > a bit suspicious to be honest.
> > >
> > > Maybe it's actually hacked from that Korean Gals Panic SU version of Gals Panic 4
> > > that was missed some years back. (Still hope that shows up again because most
> Gals
> > > Panic SU boards are based on the other game)
> >
> > Ha. Ka+neko (Cat). That's cute, I didn't notice that until now.
> >
>
> yeah, it's a really cute logo, not a new one tho, it's actually in a lot of the older
> Kaneko games if you set the region to Korea.

I had no idea. I did a search on google but couldn't find any official images (all I got was the standard logo.)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 511 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2318