MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: Saturday updates
#365222 - 04/16/17 01:40 AM

Phil B. got the main terminal board for the Konami GI Classic EX game that I dumped a satellite board for a few days ago. He also got Taito Heroine's Memory which is a coin pusher but with a video screen that can be emulated. Arcade Hacker has a friend who dumped a Victory (Comsoft) bootleg PCB. From a quick look it has more roms than the version we dumped a few months ago so I think it was incomplete as we had guessed at the time. OriginalJohn sent us an alt version of Megatack. Peter Wilhelmsen verified Knights Of Valour 3 dumps on real hardware and redumped the last revision as it was bad.

Tornadoboy
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/09/11
Loc: Massachusetts
Send PM

Re: DU: Saturday updates new [Re: Smitdogg]
#365224 - 04/16/17 03:06 AM

Do you think the bootleg ROMs could be used to fix the original Victory board? I had a suspicion it was missing a ROM , glad at least a bootleg was found.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU: Saturday updates new [Re: Tornadoboy]
#365225 - 04/16/17 03:12 AM

Hopefully but I can't say for sure. I don't know if we ever found out what was in the epoxy block? If it had a rom and a cpu then it could be complete. Short answer: I'm just guessing.

Tornadoboy
MAME Fan
Send PM

#365226 - 04/16/17 03:16 AM

Well you guys have my permission to open up that block (I own the board) if you think you can do it without destroying its functioning, I really don't care what it ends up looking like as long as it works and you can emulate the game. In fact if it's something that can be reproduced once all the ROMs are dumped I'll post some scans of the module's foil pattern, although I know it's unlikely the game is good enough for anyone to go through that much trouble to make one.

In the end if it ever works again, and unless the game is something I really like I'm probably going to donate it to a local arcade museum which likes having rare and oddball games, I'll try to concoct some artwork for it too.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU: Saturday updates new [Re: Tornadoboy]
#365227 - 04/16/17 03:20 AM

Generally to brute hack into an epoxy block you burn it with a heat gun while force prying away bits of epoxy chunks with a screwdriver. Nobody would ever enter into that while guaranteeing preserved functionality (don't think it has any in this case, probably had a battery?). Most likely he didn't want to inhale the unholy fumes involved so wouldn't do it anyway, but I don't know.

Tornadoboy
MAME Fan
Send PM

#365228 - 04/16/17 03:22 AM

I know what you mean!
I once opened up a DECO security module, although it wasn't too bad when heated up with a heat gun, but I did damage some traces.

If that module stands between the game being emulated and not being emulated, do whatever you've got to do.

tinyupdteto186186
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/17/17
Send PM

Another Games new [Re: Smitdogg]
#365255 - 04/17/17 05:16 AM

Edited by Smitdogg (04/17/17 05:19 AM)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Another Games new [Re: tinyupdteto186186]
#365256 - 04/17/17 05:21 AM

I'm never going to do what you ask ever in a million years and your posts will be indefinitely deleted regardless of content. I only hope someone decent doesn't get accidentally blocked because your stupid great wall China proxy program provides indefinite fake IPs. You might as well give up.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
2 registered and 278 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1931