View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

-Mitaine-
SEGA Junkie
Reged: 10/27/13
Send PM

Mark Turmell is doing an AMA on reddit
#364621 - 03/25/17 07:06 AM

Speaking about uncut NFL Blitz protos, NBA Jam ROMs with Jordan included - who knows what else !

Here

Looks like he has the files and is willing to release them...

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Mark Turmell is doing an AMA on reddit new [Re: -Mitaine-]
#364635 - 03/25/17 10:35 PM

>Speaking about uncut NFL Blitz protos, NBA Jam ROMs with Jordan included - who knows what
>else! Looks like he has the files and is willing to release them...

If this happens, this will be great seeing the alternate versions being preserved. I hope there might be some other prototype Midway games that might appear as well.

Bigster
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/22/09
Send PM

#364648 - 03/26/17 02:57 PM

I have been looking for these roms and been posting on KLOV and elsewhere to try and get people to dig them up.

I don't have a reddit account. Can someone ask about the MK Prototype sent to Videogames and Computer Entertainment Magazine for February 1993, which allowed Sonya to fight reptile... I have tried to reach out to the author in the magazine article via his work contact (still in video game industry) but he never responded.

Can someone ask about this MK roms set.

See below for Trummell's response re dumping roms. He loves mame.

> You should get in touch with Smitdogg of the dumping union > on the mameworld.info news forum.

> They are the most perfectionist, preservation-oriented team for arcade games (and now all old software really).

> > Will do. Love mame. Thanks.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Mark Turmell is doing an AMA on reddit new [Re: gregf]
#364655 - 03/26/17 05:37 PM

> > Speaking about uncut NFL Blitz protos, NBA Jam ROMs with Jordan included - who knows
> what
> > else! Looks like he has the files and is willing to release them...
>
> If this happens, this will be great seeing the alternate versions being preserved. I
> hope there might be some other prototype Midway games that might appear as well.

Just as a fun story related to Midway, an acquaintance of mine in the games industry once told me a tale of being told to go fuck himself by Ed Boon.

As the story goes, he happened to buy an MK3 or UMK3 cabinet, and at the time Midway were doing a promotion with Taco Bell or something where they would periodically give away codes to unlock certain characters. Well, this was back before video games had EULAs, and Midway didn't think someone would spend $5000 and then do this, so he dumped the ROMs himself, disassembled the game's code, found all of the button combos, and posted them online. Midway, in turn, hastily issued a set of update ROMs that changed the codes and vaguely encrypted them. I say "hastily", because apparently there was a bug where one of the codes didn't work - he created a fix for it, e-mailed it to Ed Boon, at which point Ed Boon told him to go fuck himself.

editing101
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/16
Send PM

#364996 - 04/07/17 03:51 PM

> Speaking about uncut NFL Blitz protos, NBA Jam ROMs with Jordan included - who knows
> what else !
>
> Here
>
> Looks like he has the files and is willing to release them...

Very much looking forward to Turmell's info on the prototype NBA Jam roms!

Fans have been waiting a while for these...Jordan back in action would be awesome !

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 737 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2697