View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Typhon
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/18/17
Send PM

How do you get Sea Bass Fishing to run?
#364260 - 03/15/17 05:01 AM

After the Sega ST-V screen all I get is a black screen.

Please help.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: How do you get Sea Bass Fishing to run? new [Re: Typhon]
#364263 - 03/15/17 05:58 AM

> After the Sega ST-V screen all I get is a black screen.
>
> Please help.

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=4454

Nothing can be done at the player's level to make it work at the moment. It needs a fix from developers.

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

Re: How do you get Sea Bass Fishing to run? new [Re: B2K24]
#364264 - 03/15/17 07:22 AM

What B2K24 said...And the big red notice that says "Game not working" is a pretty good clue as well. I stated not to long ago that I got sick of seeing stupid questions about how to get a game working when it's clearly marked in RED as not working. A moderator said we really don't get those questions anymore. Thanks for proving them wrong!

Edited by Envisaged0ne (03/15/17 07:26 AM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

Typhon
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: How do you get Sea Bass Fishing to run? new [Re: Envisaged0ne]
#364266 - 03/15/17 09:54 AM

Thanks for being obnoxious, condescending, unpleasant, and unhelpful. And wrong.

I'm using MAMEUI64 v0.182, and the game is clearly marked as *working*. No message appears when the game is first booted as an indicator that it doesn't work.

So why don't you get your facts straight before you try to make someone else feel like an idiot.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#364268 - 03/15/17 12:03 PM

-

Typhon
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: How do you get Sea Bass Fishing to run? new [Re: Robbbert]
#364289 - 03/16/17 01:20 AM

Thank you Robbbert, thank you B2K24. I wasn't aware of that MAMEtesters site, I will certainly check it out in the future when I'm trying to figure out why a game with working status doesn't seem to run properly.

EnvisagedOne, your arrogance rubs me the wrong way on so many levels. I love how you are willing to make snap judgements about a complete stranger based on two sentences. As if you couldn't just 'not click' on a thread about a game not working if you find the stupidity of others so annoying. The hypocrisy is staggering.

May you one day be humiliated on a grand scale, and have that ridiculously overblown ego cut way down to size, until you learn the value of treating everyone with respect. You've lost mine.

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Send PM

#364292 - 03/16/17 01:52 AM

Are you going to cry? Need a tissue? It'll be hard..but I'll just have to live without your respect in my life. But if it makes you feel better, you lost my respect when you posted a stupid question

Edited by Envisaged0ne (03/16/17 01:54 AM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
32GB DDR4 RAM

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#364294 - 03/16/17 02:10 AM

> Are you going to cry? Need a tissue? It'll be hard..but I'll just have to live
> without your respect in my life. But if it makes you feel better, you lost my respect
> when you posted a stupid question

he didn't post a stupid question.

the game isn't flagged as non-working, it's a long term regression, MAME says it's meant to work, it doesn't.

typical policy is to not downgrade things to NOT WORKING because regressions are regressions and should be fixed rather than demoted and ignored. In this case there's clearly no fix on the horizon, and it's been a good few years, so it should probably be demoted especially as even when it did 'work' the quality of the emulation was questionable.

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: How do you get Sea Bass Fishing to run? new [Re: Haze]
#364296 - 03/16/17 02:16 AM

Sorry, but opinions of what's stupid can vary...

It's cleary marked that emulation isn't perfect, with at least a yellow notice. He gets a black screen and basically just posts "help me fix it". To me that's stupid. Didn't do any research or conclude that imperfection in the emulation that comes up might be causing the blank screen & maybe he should have done more research before thinking that someone could just post a simple fix for it. Sorry, but I don't see any intelligence at work in what he asked

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
32GB DDR4 RAM

B2K24
Send PM

#364301 - 03/16/17 03:42 AM

> Sorry, but opinions of what's stupid can vary...
>
> It's cleary marked that emulation isn't perfect, with at least a yellow notice. He
> gets a black screen and basically just posts "help me fix it". To me that's stupid.
> Didn't do any research or conclude that imperfection in the emulation that comes up
> might be causing the blank screen & maybe he should have done more research before
> thinking that someone could just post a simple fix for it. Sorry, but I don't see any
> intelligence at work in what he asked

First off the OP hasn't even been Reged here for a full month. For all we know he/she is new to looking at MAME or even looking/running it for the very first time.

While a lot of what you say is true. I must ask that you take a few things into consideration. I posted the correct information answering the OP inquiry almost 90 minutes before you decided to make your post. You could have said something like "Hey, I just tried running the game and get the same result. Here's the reason this might happen or why I think it is"

It didn't really make sense to make a snide type of reply only to have some of the information wrong in it for which the OP did call you out on. Lots of games marked imperfect can be played from start to finish.

You might want to keep your distance from /r/MAME/ or other forums or else you'll probably be raging all day long

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: How do you get Sea Bass Fishing to run? new [Re: B2K24]
#364305 - 03/16/17 04:27 AM

I agree with some of your points. And I think some of my hostility comes from the fact that a lot of people that post here ask stupid questions. Most other emulator forums I go to, people show intelligence. Even newbies that have posted for the 1st time. They explain the error, they show they tried to fix it or look up a way to fix it, post pertinent info about the problem, etc. People here, sorry to say, usually act like morons & just want quick answers & do little else to try to figure it out for themselves. That is a huge pet peeve of mine, and yes, I probably over react. But I do wish people would show some effort & intelligence before posting there problems.

When ever I run into a problem, I do research & try different things to rule out, at least, the obvious. I'll state what I tried. That to me is common sense stuff that seems to be lacking more frequently with people. Yes, I was harsh...but I hope the OP will realize that he needs to do some more research and put some effort into solving problems before just posting "it broke...someone fix" in the future

Edited by Envisaged0ne (03/16/17 04:33 AM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
32GB DDR4 RAM

MASH
MASH
Reged: 09/26/03
Loc: Germany
Send PM

Fixed in MAME 0.184! new [Re: Typhon]
#364344 - 03/17/17 03:39 PM

> After the Sega ST-V screen all I get is a black screen.
>
> Please help.

Find the error in Sea Bass Fishing video driver.
The game will fixed in the next MAME version (0.184)

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Fixed in MAME 0.184! new [Re: MASH]
#364345 - 03/17/17 03:45 PM

> > After the Sega ST-V screen all I get is a black screen.
> >
> > Please help.
>
> Find the error in Sea Bass Fishing video driver.
> The game will fixed in the next MAME version (0.184)

that's very presumptuous of you.

commenting out a line that was likely added for something else without further research isn't a real fix, and might not even be accepted. this has been explained to you at least 100 times before.

Saturn is a complex system, that code could be 100% correct, with a timing error causing it to be read at the wrong time.

How much of the Saturn library contained in the Software List did you test after making this change? How many of the other ST-V sets? any other observed changed in behaviour that could provide further evidence for or against the change? What do the VDP manuals state the behavior is for this case? has anybody else produced documents based on hardware testing for it?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: How do you get Sea Bass Fishing to run? new [Re: Haze]
#364354 - 03/17/17 10:53 PM

> the game isn't flagged as non-working, it's a long term regression, MAME says it's
> meant to work, it doesn't.

I'm 95% sure that game has never run (and I added it originally, so I should know). If it's not marked GAME_NOT_WORKING it should be, as AFAIK it'll require the Saturn MPEG cartridge to run.

B2K24
Send PM

Re: How do you get Sea Bass Fishing to run? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#364355 - 03/17/17 11:10 PM

> I'm 95% sure that game has never run (and I added it originally, so I should know).
> If it's not marked GAME_NOT_WORKING it should be, as AFAIK it'll require the Saturn
> MPEG cartridge to run.

A title snap and a 30 sec movie of attract mode exists.

There's also this

Quote:

- 0.90u1: Some ST-V fixes which allow Sea Bass Fishing to run [Angelo Salese].

Typhon
MAME Fan
Send PM

#364562 - 03/23/17 02:57 AM

> Sorry, but opinions of what's stupid can vary...
>
> It's cleary marked that emulation isn't perfect, with at least a yellow notice. He
> gets a black screen and basically just posts "help me fix it". To me that's stupid.
> Didn't do any research or conclude that imperfection in the emulation that comes up
> might be causing the blank screen & maybe he should have done more research before
> thinking that someone could just post a simple fix for it. Sorry, but I don't see any
> intelligence at work in what he asked

Well that's funny because I happen to think that trying to make someone else look stupid with incorrect information is pretty stupid.

You're so full of yourself you can't even acknowledge that you were wrong, so you sit there and do some mental gymnastics and try to rationalize to save face.

You don't have any problem making someone else feel like a fool but God forbid you ever acknowledge an error. That would require you to get off of your high horse.

The 'yellow screen' is irrelevent, and an extremely lame point. You're reaching. There is no reality that exists where I should come to the conclusion that a message informing me that the sound and video isn't 100% somehow means the game is unbootable.

You *assumed* I didn't do any research. After doing a google search, I found the video snapshot of the game working in MAME, and concluded the game was working. Should I have came to any other conclusion? Next I checked to see if there was an entry in the gameinit.dat file, to see if there was some special procedure to getting the game booted. There was no entry.

I have never encountered a game marked as "working" that didn't have some basic fix. Most of the time it involves going into the test menu, but sometimes it's something odd (a handful of Konami games comes to mind).

Why exactly should I presume this situation to be any different? And if I had presumed it to be a simple fix, for a game marked as working, why would I post any other information, other than what I did originally? What else was necessary? A log? A video recording of me getting the black screen? Get real.

You were wrong, and there's only one appropriate response from you, but you're not enough of a man to do it. So go ahead and keep that mountain of worthless pride you're hiding behind, and I'll keep the respect that you don't deserve.

There is absolutely no reason for you to treat anyone that way, even actual idiots. I'm not here to prove I'm not an idiot. I'm here because I'm asking for help. If you choose to be annoyed and pass judgement on someone who lacks your intellectual superiority, you can simply ignore it, and keep your mouth shut, like any respectable individual would.

Edited by Typhon (03/23/17 03:35 AM)

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Send PM

#364563 - 03/23/17 03:41 AM

You're an idiot & I called you on it. You didn't post any research you had already done. You didn't post anything you tried to fix it. B2K24 posted where you could have found the info, so you didn't try that hard. Yes, I was wrong when I said it was a red notice, but I knew there was an indication to the imperfection in the emulation when trying to run the game. Even B2K24 stated I had some valid points as to why I thought you're an idiot. Quit acting like a little baby having a tissy fit. Your question was stupid & you showed no indication that you tried to research or resolve the problem. You could have even acknowledged that there was a notice when booting the game indicating that the imperfection in the emulation just MIGHT be a reason for the black screen. Get over it. I don't need your respect and I still think you're a moron. In the future, if you try to fix it, or research the problem, POST what you tried. It helps others to know what you did, or didn't, do

It took you this long to respond back? Did your mommy ground you from the computer for a week?

Edited by Envisaged0ne (03/23/17 03:45 AM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
32GB DDR4 RAM

B2K24
Send PM

#364564 - 03/23/17 04:33 AM

> Even B2K24 stated I had some valid points as to why I
> thought you're an idiot.

That's not entirely true and no one is an idiot when they post please help run a game regardless of what information is out there on the internet.

Forums are for discussion and it would be nice if people could get help or advice without being attacked or bashed especially in this instance.

Life's too short guys. Let's all cut the Bullshit and get back to enjoying the main reasons of why we're here reading these forums

Typhon
MAME Fan
Send PM

#365366 - 04/23/17 12:26 AM

Saving face and looking good aren't priority #1 to me, ArrogantOne.

I posted when I had spare time. That is the LAMEST insult I've ever heard, btw. What are you, 12? I'm 37 and I have responsibilities, and don't always get around to responding to someone else's childish b.s. immediately (like you did within MINUTES of me posting my response).

Do you have any idea how foolish you look? You could have just ignored what I said, but you just HAD to have a good comeback, or else you wouldn't have been able to sleep soundly that night. You're an ego driven child.

Turning to others to corroborate your ignorant opinion? What, you can't stand on your own? You're not even man if you can't think for yourself. I will never, in a million years, in any argument say "well so and so agrees with me." LAME

I already explained that I believed the solution was simple, and why. There's nothing unsound about my logic and I'm not going to waste time making the same lame points over again like you did. In the future, when I believe a solution is simple, I will indeed check the link that B2K24 posted, *now that I know about it after politely asking for help.*

But if I happen to believe that the solution is simple, after doing 5-10 minutes of research, and have exhausted basic research options, I have the *right* to politely ask for help. And if in that instance I choose not to write all the details of everything I've done on my own to try to solve the problem, just so I don't look like an idiot to someone *who probably wouldn't have bothered to help anyways*, maybe... just maybe it's because I don't care what you think.

I have health issues. You made me see red for about 10 minutes. I didn't need that. A year ago, I would have just ignored you. But of all the indignities someone should have to tolerate in life, being made to feel like an idiot just for politely asking for help is not one of them.

The reason you should be kind to others is because you have no idea what the other person is going through. It costs you nothing to be kind, except the occasional ego check. I shouldn't have to explain these things to you. If you haven't come to these realizations on your own, it must be because you've had an easy life.

But I'm officially done talking to you. Just remember what I said in the first post. You've got all kinds of bad karma coming your way and when it happens know that you deserve it.

Now go on and get the last word, we both know you need to.

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Send PM

#365367 - 04/23/17 01:31 AM

1st, I'm older than you. Yes, I have an ego...I am intelligent. I know it & I have VERY VERY little tolerance for what I perceive as stupid. I'm in a good place in my life, with a good job. I don't care if people agree with me or not, what you asked was stupid. I give a rats ass about your health problems. EVERYONE! HAS PROBLEMS IN LIFE. Don't play the pity party cause you're not going to get any pity from me. I almost died twice in my life due to health problems. I reply to anyone that posts something to me. I don't HAVE to have the last word. But if you reply to something I said, I will respond back. Yes, I can be an @sshole to those I don't respect. I can also be the nicest person you've ever met. Stupidity is my biggest pet peeve & it seems like people have just gotten dumber through the past few years. Just look at some recent posts (like from VHSer). Dullaron shows this everytime he posts something. Ok, rambling over. You got my point. Oh, and as far as Karma? Other than me picking on your sensitive emotions, you know nothing about me. But don't worry, I don't want to know anything more about you. I've seen enough

Edited by Envisaged0ne (04/23/17 01:54 AM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
32GB DDR4 RAM

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 360 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3040