RECLAIMING MY TIME, MOTHERFUCKER

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

How Republicans will murder more Americans in the next 4 years than ISIS will in your whole lifetime
#363842 - 02/24/17 07:23 PM

Yes I am saying Republicans through their greed are a bigger threat to Americans than ISIS, that is exactly what I am saying word for word, in case there is any confusion there. If you pay attention to their words closely when they are asked about pre-existing conditions and repealing Obamacare, you will notice they say slip in things about "continued" coverage being available in what it gets replaced with. You can see Tom Cotton do it today:

http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/senator-tom-cotton-faces-backlash-after-town-hall-meeting/

And you can see Ted Cruz do it to Bernie Sanders and get called out for it in their debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHwyca_IAKw

I don't recall the minute/second but it's in the debate if you watch it. They are trying to say things also like pre-existing conditions was a part of Obamacare they will keep (Trump says this) but the exact language they sneak in is actually reverting it to how it was before Obamacare existed. Before it existed, if you had a pre-existing condition you couldn't get kicked off for it, but you also couldn't buy insurance if you lost your coverage due to a lapse or losing a job.

Before anyone mentions Cobra, if you've ever left a job and gotten the Cobra letter, you know damn well only the most rich people in the world could afford it. Also their tax break argument is just as laughable - anyone poor won't benefit from tax breaks, they don't make enough money to where it will affect them. Millions of people with pre-existing conditions will absolutely die from this repeal, either from having a terminal illness not being treated or something like diabetes where they won't be able to afford medicine and later die from complications. A whole lot more than ISIS's pathetic little bullets. If you voted for Trump congrats you're a fucking murderer.

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: How Republicans will murder more Americans in the next 4 years than ISIS will in your whole lifetime new [Re: Smitdogg]
#363911 - 02/27/17 06:36 AM

I hear what you are saying. However, in practice it is not working out.

I am currently making 0. A whole whopping of 0 dollars per month. What is my ACA cost? 540 a month. Cobra was 1100. For a similar plan as the cobra through ACA? 970 (still not as good). The 540 is a 100% catastrophic 'low income' plan. If I had income they wanted to charge me 1200-1400 a month for it. They cover 50% of the doctor visits (up to 3). No dental, no vision. 14,000 deductible. No subsidy from medicare, denied (3 times so far). A plan with some dental/vision and 2k deductible, 50 dollar copays, and not ACA qualified? I can get for ~100 a month. Yet come tax time I have to pay a fine as if I had no insurance. Three different insurance agents, none could get the cost bellow 540 and ACA qualified. I make too little to get a tax subsidy and am too healthy to qualify for anything.

The insurance companies are dropping out because the plans are marginally profitable to negative profit. When it was enacted I had 10 to chose from. Now I have 1. The remaining 1 is talking about dropping out too.

Healthcare is a good idea. But unless we properly fund it, meaning a proper tax, it will just be a continued problem of funding and eventual monopoly pricing which in the state I live in is the point we are at. The whole ACA is a insurance company written bit of legislation that even they can not make work. But even then can we trust the gov to get it right? Considering the total mess they have made of the one national medical organization they do have control of, the VA.

Honestly, most people are not treating Trump in the way they should. They should treat him as a business man who is willing to negotiate. Instead they treat him as if he is incompetent/nazi. He does not discourage that much as it allows him to sucker punch you (its in his books). Go to him with a solid business proposal and a method to execute he will listen to you. If you show up with a lame plan that you can not execute on or can not fund he will eat you alive (like the shark he really is). Your congress critters are 'my way or the highway' sorts of dudes. Look no further than the way they all vote. Dont think so? Look up your own congressman and senator. I would bet they 95%+ of the time vote party line, I know mine do and I hold them in the same contempt. They do not vote for you or me. They vote for their parties almost always. The democrats are playing that to effect this week with the sandbagged 'town halls'. The republicans did the same thing a few years ago. Next week it will be something else. It is almost play by play from the Saul Alinsky rules for radicals playbook what they are doing. These people do not in any fashion have your or my best interests in mind. They want power and ACA is just a tool for them to guilt you into thinking they are right. I wish I could say it is working. But when it came time for me to get it? I was left in the cold.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: How Republicans will murder more Americans in the next 4 years than ISIS will in your whole lifetime new [Re: lharms]
#363914 - 02/27/17 12:55 PM

It is working out in practice for the 20-25 million who have insurance now through ACA who didn't have it before and most of them aren't paying 540/month because there's no way they could afford it. I have to ask what state you are in, when you shopped and if you actually put in a request through healthcare.gov because I've seen a couple from TX paying 29/month and when my income went to 0 in OR my coverage cost through healthcare.gov went to 0/mo.

We should have insurance done the same way as other advanced countries and have it be a right of all citizens paid for in taxes, but obviously the US is having to baby step its way there because of the greedy Republicans. If you asked Democrats if they wanted to switch to Canada style insurance you'd have to problem getting there. The ACA is not giving most unemployed people a 540/month bill, I'm curious about the questions I asked above. Even when I've made shit pay of 31K/year at a job I paid way less than 540/month out of my paycheck for insurance and it was good coverage, 5k deductible, 10-20 dollar copays on doc and drugs, dental etc. Your figures are way off from anything I've seen.

Trump is a moron actually. He shows it every time he opens his mouth. When Obama first took office the Republicans banded together to shut him down at every move (some out of principle thinking he was "progressive" though he isn't and some out of racism) and the parties have moved further to the left and right since and can no longer get along with each other. Both sides now take corporate money so they are corrupt by definition. The only hope is that the Democrats get to a point to agree to stop taking corporate money so they could have people's best interest again.

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: How Republicans will murder more Americans in the next 4 years than ISIS will in your whole lifetime new [Re: Smitdogg]
#363920 - 02/27/17 10:00 PM

It was about a month ago during open enrollment in NC. I stopped messing around with it. I used the exemption. So no coverage at the moment. Hopefully one of the 3 places I am interviewing with sticks.

Remember employee insurance (hillarycare) is actually paid by you. They line item it out in your pay usually. It is part of your pay. Your employer will typically put it in your w2 in box 12/14 how much they contributed and yours. You then contribute on top of that to subsidize it usually. For my last job my subsidy was about 30 bucks per month. My employer paid 300-400 of the rest. Before ACA it was about 50-100. They tracked it as a expense against me and my pay and they could deduct it. I however can not deduct it, it is sometimes counted as gross income depending on plan. I remember when I first started working and the PPO/MMO stuff started all the old guys bitching they were not getting raises. The company paid for the insurance with their raises and then deducted it. The cost is hidden from you to make it look like it is 'free'. Its not. Also it is usually group insurance. So the cost risk is mitigated so the premium is usually lower.

My sister was looking down the barrel of a 1k per month premium in nebraska 3 months ago. She found a way to get into a group using student insurance to get something much more affordable. It was a way out of wack. But her story is not very unique. I heard story after story of peoples premiums going up 100-300 a month.

One dude I worked with had a great plan. He was in management. It was 100% full coverage. The company could no longer afford it because the ACA and the IRS taxed the company at a huge premium for that plan. So he went from 100% to 80/20 and it was going to 60/40 before we got bought out. His costs went up, the companies costs went up. So he got less out of it and paid more.

To qualify for the subsidy with ACA you have to make a particular amount. If you make 0 you get 0 I believe you need at least 15k(?) before you get a subsidy. So with your pay you get a decent subsidy from the gov paid for by taxes to cover your insurance. That caps out at ~60k. At which point it quickly graduates into 100% of the premium.

ACA premiums will pretty much only go up if nothing is done. The providers are exiting. The companies are quickly turning into monopoly providers with monopoly pricing. In my state it just happened faster because the insurance guidelines here are very strict. We have very strict guidelines because of the shenanigans insurance companies like to play and people like to abuse the companies. To enforce all of that costs a decent amount of money.

Oh I agree the republicans stonewalled everything. However, look at what the democrats are doing? Is it any better? I hold them BOTH in contempt for what they are doing.

I disagree with your assessment of Trump. You see and hear the stories. The buffoon on the outside making you think he has no idea what is going on. In the board room he mops people up because they underestimated him. Do not underestimate him. Obama was very similar. The republicans underestimated him. He used it to his advantage and cut them out of the picture. He went out of his way to make sure they were not included in anything. They reacted much like the democrats are now to Trump. These people do not represent you. They represent their parties. I do not see the democrats being able to stop taking the money. Why would they? Remember they do not represent you they never have. They only pretend to for a few months every 2-4 years.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: How Republicans will murder more Americans in the next 4 years than ISIS will in your whole lifetime new [Re: lharms]
#363922 - 02/27/17 10:19 PM

It looks like different states are fucking it up worse than others. Long story short the answer for moving ahead with healthcare is to fix these problems in the ACA not wipe it all out and go back to the stone age and watch millions of Americans die both quickly and slowly.

Trump is a moron. The stuff you are saying is what people used to say about GW Bush when he was new. The stupidity is an act and he's actually smart... No, he was also a moron. Being able to be an asshole in a meeting doesn't mean you're smart. I never said he didn't know how to pound his tiny fists on the table and bully people.

The reason to give up taking money from corporations is to have a party that actually cares about people and can prove that they aren't just doing what corporate donors tell them to. It's probably only going to happen if outsiders can take the party over sort of how Trump and Bannon did with the right wing except the complete opposite (on the left). Both parties have plenty of corruption because of money but it's definitely not as simple as "every politician couldn't care less about anything" or whatever your point is. And I don't know why you don't think it's possible if Trump just got elected and Sanders raised more money than Clinton without taking corporate money. Obviously it's very possible.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

John Oliver on the subject new [Re: Smitdogg]
#363931 - 02/28/17 01:57 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEGpriv2TAc

Pages: 1

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3588