MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

♫ Christmas is coming, the Chevy's getting fat, ♪
#361548 - 12/21/16 08:26 PM

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

I watched Working Girl last night, and Oliver Platt got me to thinking about this kind of thing..... new [Re: GatKong]
#361671 - 12/23/16 11:35 PM

Actually, he and Baldwin. They both got fat into the 90s and thousands, respectively. There's some issue these guys have that once they got popular enough, they expanded.

Chevy I've been thinking about the last few months, because I was looking up Richard Pryor, and found he had a beef with Chevy. I didn't know he was such a clod socially - but I think it's related to his comedy. Like, in character he's great. (I love Fletch. Even Fletch 2 is at least 95% great, an usual quality match sequel.) But that spills over as dickhood in real life.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: I watched Working Girl last night, and Oliver Platt got me to thinking about this kind of thing..... new [Re: Traso]
#361684 - 12/24/16 01:01 AM

> Actually, he and Baldwin. They both got fat into the 90s and thousands, respectively.
> There's some issue these guys have that once they got popular enough, they expanded.
>

Going by that logic, Chevy should've been "large" back in the 80's... Since that was the height of his popularity. Baldwin? I'd say in the 90's.

Actually, it has more to do with age, obviously. Metabolism slows down. Heck, I don't even wear a 32" waist anymore. Take Val Kilmer for example....

> Chevy I've been thinking about the last few months, because I was looking up Richard
> Pryor, and found he had a beef with Chevy. I didn't know he was such a clod socially
> - but I think it's related to his comedy. Like, in character he's great. (I love
> Fletch. Even Fletch 2 is at least 95% great, an usual quality match sequel.) But that
> spills over as dickhood in real life.

I recall his talk show didn't last very long.

LEVEL-4

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: I watched Working Girl last night, and Oliver Platt got me to thinking about this kind of thing..... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#361693 - 12/24/16 04:36 AM

You're probly right on the times. I'm going by what I've seen and remember. I should've said success, meaning they had enough dough to get complacent, but there may be emotional things, too. Look at Joe fuckin Elliot. Dear lord.

It isn't age, dude. Metabolism is dictated first by genetics, then emotional, then intake, then lifestyle (mainly rest, and stress). I'm 45 and I look 35, easy, and am trim with little effort.

I'm naturally slender-ish, so is my brother (15 months younger, and a slight taller). We were both extremely physically active through junior high, though me less so into high school, particularly as I started partying (and smoking) into my sophomore year. I was trim, but not that fit all through high school. Corps changed that a bit, and I quit smoking (nicotine in general) in '91. Also, I've never been a drinker, and except for one time in the late 90s*, I haven't been an emotional eater. Plus I've refused having my life dictated by Capitalism (had enough of that as a kid, what with cartoons and commericals and sugar cereal and....).

My brother smoked for years longer, and still does nicotine. He started gettin heavy in the last few years, up and down. Alc, not the best diet, not enough rest, too much work.

*I was in a troubling domestic circumstance, and I got kind of caught up in eating Trader Joe's bagels and force primeval bars, with lots of butter. Exercise didn't touch it. Only stopping did, with less exercise actually.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 827 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1616