MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

superdave
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/17/16
Send PM

Mame .180 & Odyssey 2...no TAB key or ESC key function??
#361344 - 12/17/16 05:39 PM

I was just playing around with MAME .180 x64 with Consoles. Tried out the Odyssey 2, it works, but there is no TAB key function to get into config menu, nor once a game is up and running, cant hit ESC key to escape back to menu. is this by design? the keys work on the Atari 2600. Am I missing something?

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Mame .180 & Odyssey 2...no TAB key or ESC key function?? new [Re: superdave]
#361345 - 12/17/16 06:21 PM

Scroll lock key on keyboard switches from partial to full emulation which enables and disables MAME's Internal UI

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

Re: Mame .180 & Odyssey 2...no TAB key or ESC key function?? new [Re: superdave]
#361346 - 12/17/16 06:25 PM

I struggled with this issue a few months ago myself.

There's a hotkey to turn this setting on/off while MAMe is running, press ScrollLock.

If you want to make this permanent, enable MAME partial keyboard emulation setting... open mame.ini and change the value from 0 to 1. This setting is disabled by default and it only affects console/computer machines. It does nothing for arcade machines.

ui_active 1

Then MAME menu will work (TAB key).

Be aware, depending on the computer machine being emulated, some keys from the emulated machine will not work when this setting is enabled.

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: [email protected]

superdave
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/17/16
Send PM

#361347 - 12/17/16 06:41 PM

Got It!!!Thanks a ton! I would have never found that on my own!

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Mame .180 & Odyssey 2...no TAB key or ESC key function?? new [Re: B2K24]
#361348 - 12/17/16 07:07 PM

> Scroll lock key on keyboard switches from partial to full emulation which enables and
> disables MAME's Internal UI

Of all the keys on a modern keyboard, I can't think of any possible use for Scroll Lock.

Does it actually do anything these days (outside of Mame, ofc)?

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Mame .180 & Odyssey 2...no TAB key or ESC key function?? new [Re: Master O]
#361351 - 12/17/16 09:51 PM

> Of all the keys on a modern keyboard, I can't think of any possible use for Scroll
> Lock.
>
> Does it actually do anything these days (outside of Mame, ofc)?

I use it on Excel so I can move/view across the sheet without moving the cursor position, there should be other software somewhere with a similar function.

I also use it as a replacement for Right Crtl hot-keys on VirtualBox when applicable. When gaming on virtual machines you need both Crtl keys available.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Mame .180 & Odyssey 2...no TAB key or ESC key function?? new [Re: Master O]
#361377 - 12/18/16 03:28 PM

> > Scroll lock key on keyboard switches from partial to full emulation which enables
> and
> > disables MAME's Internal UI
>
> Of all the keys on a modern keyboard, I can't think of any possible use for Scroll
> Lock.

That's kind of the main reason why the MESS developers chose it as the toggle between keyboard modes: it was a key that wasn't already doing something (in the operating system or in MESS).

(We understand toggling between partial and full emulation modes might be a bit non-intuitive but there's not many other ways to do it...)

- Stiletto

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

#361454 - 12/20/16 01:21 AM

> Got It!!!Thanks a ton! I would have never found that on my own!

It's a geek thing, for sure. One reason I haven't bothered much with consoles in MAME in the entirety of my MAME experience.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 167 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2065