View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Maria Fernanda
Reged: 11/27/16
Send PM

Naomi and Model 3 Emulation in MAME
#360781 - 12/01/16 01:28 AM

Hi guys. I have two questions:

a)I was checking Emergency call ambulance (Model 3) in MAME and i checked that the game is booting , i don't know if the game is playable 100% but the game shows the demo screen but i can't runs the ambulance when i tried play because i don't have the steering wheel and i don't know configurate the keyboard for racing games.My first question is: Anybody knows if the game is playable 100%? , because in my pc just keeps when tried runs the ambulance because i can't run the ambulance because i don't have the steering wheel.

b)Same as above. I was checking Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Naomi) and i checked that the game is booting but it's so slow. But the game is playable because I can select the characters but my creepy pc is so slow, so my question is: Anybody knows if the game is more fast in a pc with a better processor and CPU.?

Both games were checked in MAME 0.180

Yes, i know Demul (Naomi games) and Supermodel (Model 3 games) but both don't like because MAME is more compatible and i prefer MAME.
Thank you for read me and sorry for my bad english.

P.S. Dear Mame developers, my intention is not bother, my post is because i see a good progress in this two drivers, because i remember old MAME versions and this two games just showing black screen and now are booting and showing video.
Thank you for this emulator. Maybe my questions are dumb but yes i'm a curious woman.

Edited by Maria Fernanda (12/01/16 03:40 AM)

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

Re: Naomi and Model 3 Emulation in MAME new [Re: Maria Fernanda]
#360782 - 12/01/16 02:21 AM

Did you happen to notice a BIG red notice when you try running the games, stating they aren't working? Those notices are there to notify you that the games aren't emulated perfectly. Thus they are unplayable & broken

Edited by Envisaged0ne (12/01/16 02:25 AM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#360783 - 12/01/16 02:39 AM

> Hi guys. I have two questions:
>
> a)I was checking Emergency call ambulance (Model 3) in MAME and i checked that the
> game is booting , i don't know if the game is playable 100% but the game shows the
> demo screen but i can't runs the ambulance when i tried play because i don't have the
> steering wheel and i don't know configurate the keyboard for racing games.My first
> question is: Anybody knows if the game is playable 100%? , because in my pc just
> keeps when tried runs the ambulance because i can't run the ambulance because i don't
> have the steering wheel.
>
> b)Same as above. I was checking Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Naomi) and i checked that the
> game is booting but it's so slow. But the game is playable because I can select the
> characters but my creepy pc is so slow, so my question is: Anybody knows if the game
> is more fast in a pc with a better processor and CPU.?
>
> Both games were checked in MAME 0.180
>
> Yes, i know Demul (Naomi games) and Supermodel (Model 3 games) but both don't like
> because MAME is more compatible and i prefer MAME.
>
> Thank you for read me and sorry for my bad english.

Oh boy, are you gonna get flamed...

The Mamedevs HATE people who ask about this.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

Maria Fernanda
Send PM

Ok but there's a problem: I'm not a newbie chick and........ new [Re: Envisaged0ne]
#360785 - 12/01/16 02:57 AM

I'm not a dumb chick.
I know that the Naomi and Model 3 games are very hard to emulate, yes also i know that the games in red are not working but some games in red are working partially, yes with frames speed issues, sound issues, video issues but are mid working like Virtua Fighter Remix.
Virtua Fighter Remix (game "not working") in my pc goes 50% when i press f11 and i see the fps meter, yes the game have many problems but works in my pc.
I'm Sorry if someone from here is insulted for my newbie questions but not, i'm not a newbie i just have doubts about some "not working games" because some games in red are partially working boys , yes those games need a lot of improvement.

Ok sorry for this post i'm tired of this........explanation, i'm not a dumb newbie girl.
And for the users that wrote me "Hate" and "Big" with big letters don't shout me, i'm not blind.
P.S.: MAME developers thanks for this emulator and thanks for all the improvements for the non working games.

Edited by Maria Fernanda (12/01/16 07:02 AM)

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Send PM

#360789 - 12/01/16 05:55 AM

Well, the others are right of course (even if their responses COULD be a little less harsh on you considering you are brand new here). However, I'll offer you a few more thoughts.

I'd be willing to bet that MAME's Model 3 driver will run at full-speed a lot sooner than its Naomi driver will (though neither are likely in the near future). In the meantime, while Supermodel is going to be your only choice for playable Model 3, you may want to keep your eye out for Reicast and ReDream, which unlike Demul are thankfully both open-source and compatible with more platforms such as Linux and Android. They are primarily focused on the Dreamcast, but Naomi hardware is almost the same so I would think support will be added soon enough.

Hope that helps.

Maria Fernanda
Send PM

Re: Naomi and Model 3 Emulation in MAME new [Re: Shoegazr]
#360790 - 12/01/16 06:06 AM

Thank you, you are a very good and very respectful person.

anikom15
Instigator/Local CRT Guru
Reged: 04/11/16
Send PM

Re: Ok but there's a problem: I'm not a newbie chick and........ new [Re: Maria Fernanda]
#360793 - 12/01/16 07:49 AM

The whole point of the red screen is to indicate that the game is marked NOT WORKING. If you feel this is in error, you should make a strong case that it should be promoted. Otherwise you're just wasting everyone's time.

hydef
Reged: 04/10/16
Send PM

#360797 - 12/01/16 12:38 PM

> Yes, i know Demul (Naomi games) and Supermodel (Model 3 games) but both don't like because MAME is more compatible and in prefer MAME.

What's wrong with Supermodel in your opinion?

MAME Artwork / Artwork Previews

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#360870 - 12/03/16 01:16 AM

Well I actually am a MAME developer, so here goes. Ignore the goons who immediately get aggressive here, I don't think you've really done anything out-of-line.

> a)I was checking Emergency call ambulance (Model 3) in MAME and i checked that the
> game is booting , i don't know if the game is playable 100% but the game shows the
> demo screen but i can't runs the ambulance when i tried play because i don't have the
> steering wheel and i don't know configurate the keyboard for racing games.My first
> question is: Anybody knows if the game is playable 100%? , because in my pc just
> keeps when tried runs the ambulance because i can't run the ambulance because i don't
> have the steering wheel.

Model 3 games are hit and miss in MAME, hence the warning about them not working. You can play through some of them, but others a broken. ECA is probably one of the broken ones. Be thankful for the ones that work, don't cry over the ones that don't.

I can get full emulation speed on Model 3 games in MAME on a 3.7GHz Intel Xeon E5v2 with a pair of Kepler Quadros while I run two virtual machines in the background. MAME is definitely efficient enough with Model 3 emulation to get full speed on a fast enough PC.

> b)Same as above. I was checking Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Naomi) and i checked that the
> game is booting but it's so slow. But the game is playable because I can select the
> characters but my creepy pc is so slow, so my question is: Anybody knows if the game
> is more fast in a pc with a better processor and CPU.?

For NAOMI/Dreamcast/Atomiswave emulation, you're better off using DEMUL if you just want to play the games. MAME isn't really ready for prime time in that regard. There are some issues with DEMUL, e.g. not getting consistent performance in windowed mode, weirdness with input mapping, and inherent limitations in how it works that cause e.g. the lag on the sunburst effects in Justice Gakuen, but overall it's quite a satisfying experience. Also, the sound emulation improvements in the DEMUL 0.7 series are great.

DEMUL and MAME benefit each other. The MAME and DEMUL developers work together and developers share findings. We support the same ROM sets and disc images. There's no shame in using DEMUL if you just want to play some NAOMI games.

> Thank you for read me and sorry for my bad english.
>
> P.S. Dear Mame developers, my intention is not bother, my post is because i see a
> good progress in this two drivers, because i remember old MAME versions and this two
> games just showing black screen and now are booting and showing video.
> Thank you for this emulator. Maybe my questions are dumb but yes i'm a curious woman.

Your English is definitely intelligible, and there's nothing wrong with being curious. After all, it's often curiosity about how these machines work or what the developers were thinking that leads people to take up emulator development.

Maria Fernanda
Send PM

Re: Naomi and Model 3 Emulation in MAME new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#360871 - 12/03/16 01:22 AM

Thank you very much, you are a very respectful person. Thanks.

Maria Fernanda
Send PM

Re: Naomi and Model 3 Emulation in MAME new [Re: hydef]
#360873 - 12/03/16 01:57 AM

Demul and Supermodel are good emulators but MAME in my opinion is more compatible with the operating systems.

++For example Demul needs that you have your DirectX always updated, Demul 0.57 works in my pc but the Alpha versions that they need DirectX 11 are not supported in my old pc.

++Supermodel is good, but in my opinion needs an option to improve the performance in an "old pc" like MAME or Zinc (Capcom ZN emulator) that have an option called "soft GPU".

Yes, i know that my big problem is my old creepy pc but in my opinion MAME is exactly an emulator that is compatible with old and new computers.
Thanks guys for the answers and thanks MAME developers for make this possible.

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

#360876 - 12/03/16 03:58 AM

When supermodel 3 & Naomi games are supported, you will need a high end pc to run the games. MAME won't make them less demanding than the other emulators. They might even be more demanding under MAME

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#360910 - 12/04/16 08:40 PM

> Demul and Supermodel are good emulators but MAME in my opinion is more compatible
> with the operating systems.
>
> ++For example Demul needs that you have your DirectX always updated, Demul 0.57 works
> in my pc but the Alpha versions that they need DirectX 11 are not supported in my old
> pc.
>
> ++Supermodel is good, but in my opinion needs an option to improve the performance in
> an "old pc" like MAME or Zinc (Capcom ZN emulator) that have an option called "soft
> GPU".
>
> Yes, i know that my big problem is my old creepy pc but in my opinion MAME is exactly
> an emulator that is compatible with old and new computers.
> Thanks guys for the answers and thanks MAME developers for make this possible.

When MAME finally gets around to running Dreamcast and Model 3 fully it will probably also require DirectX 11, MAME has always been more demanding than the other emulators, this seems a strange example.

MAME certainly isn't going to have lower CPU, video card or OS requirements than any of the mentioned emulators. If anything they will be higher, MUCH higher.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

#360952 - 12/05/16 11:36 PM

> Thank you very much, you are a very respectful person. Thanks.

Well I'm not. HAHN. I don't see the fuss on either end. You asked, they said. That was it. Unless somebody edited their post(s) since then......

But this topic does really come down to you wanting something that isn't feasible, due to your PC and games not in working condition. There's a little pillow you can cry on but that's about it.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Naomi and Model 3 Emulation in MAME new [Re: Haze]
#360953 - 12/05/16 11:52 PM

> When MAME finally gets around to running Dreamcast and Model 3 fully it will probably
> also require DirectX 11, MAME has always been more demanding than the other
> emulators, this seems a strange example.

The BGFX OpenGL (and eventually Vulkan) path will likely allow at least Nvidia card users to run that stuff back to XP if we still support XP when we get there.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 262 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5060