View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Congratulations to the Trump crew
#360262 - 11/09/16 09:20 AM

With Trump sitting at 269 votes and Hillary sitting at 218, I have to say, congrats to all of you who supported Trump, and I'm sure all of us who supported Hillary will be eating our words over the coming months.

I hope that once the election is over in 6-12 hours, we can all work together to move forward and help contribute to restoring the backbone of a great country that has lost its way over the past 8-16 years.

Congrats!

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Hillary didn't win new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#360263 - 11/09/16 10:02 AM

& that's alright with me.

LEVEL-4

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Congratulations to the Trump crew new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#360267 - 11/09/16 06:00 PM

> With Trump sitting at 269 votes and Hillary sitting at 218, I have to say, congrats
> to all of you who supported Trump, and I'm sure all of us who supported Hillary will
> be eating our words over the coming months.

Cheers Moogs. And really, the Wall Street types who gave her millions for implied future Oval Office access are the true losers this morning. I think everyone can enjoy that.

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

- new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#360278 - 11/10/16 10:43 AM

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Congratulations to the Trump crew new [Re: R. Belmont]
#360281 - 11/10/16 01:34 PM

> Cheers Moogs. And really, the Wall Street types who gave her millions for implied
> future Oval Office access are the true losers this morning. I think everyone can
> enjoy that.

Yep. No matter which side of the aisle you're on, we should all at least be able to celebrate corrupt companies losing their respective shirts.

Personally, I tend to agree with this one Slashdot poster as to why Trump won:

> [Hillary's] a typical Washington-insider-back-dealing
> politician, but without the charming personality her
> husband had. Think about it... Wall Street is freaking
> out over Trump's impending presidency. They knew
> *exactly* what to expect with Hillary, which was
> "business as usual". No one has a fucking clue what Trump
> is going to do.

> My going theory is that if either side had put up a
> remotely likeable candidate, it would have been a
> landslide. Instead, the Democrats put forth the "next
> in-line" insider despite her baggage, and the Republican
> elite alienated their base so badly that the
> rank-and-file instead insisted on the "anti-candidate"
> which NO Republican beltway insider wanted.

Personally, for me, I found Trump's acceptance speech to be remarkably open-minded and welcoming. I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but he was absolutely right in his speech - we must now move forward, together, and do our best to America the great country that it has been and can be.

Do I think that he, personally, wrote that victory speech? No, he was probably forced to say it practically at gunpoint lest riots break out even worse than they already are. But at the end of the day, it's still a good point, and I think most people have finally gotten burnt out on the whole "us versus them" partisan demagoguery.

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: Congratulations to the Trump crew new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#360292 - 11/10/16 10:42 PM

Trump is a salesman. *everything* is negotiable. He says crazy wild ideas. Why would he do such a thing you may ask? It is called price anchoring. He is teasing out what your bottom bid is. Most people are not used to negotiating in that way. For most people they pay what it says on the sticker or they dont. They take him at his first bid and scoff at him and walk off. They do not understand he is negotiating with them. Every book out of him is about deal making.

I think both sides are about to get a real shock on how fluid everything is with him. While still keeping to his agenda of 'Americans first'.

Also to add, for an interesting analogy. I do not like my bank. I think they are a bunch of right bastards who do all sorts of shady things. But those bastards work for me. They are handy to use when someone tries to rip me off. You want the bastard working for you not against you.

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

- new [Re: lharms]
#360296 - 11/11/16 01:28 AM

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Congratulations to the Trump crew new [Re: Robbbert]
#360300 - 11/11/16 05:29 AM

> > Trump is a salesman. *everything* is negotiable. He says crazy wild ideas.
>
> He said Hillary would be thrown into jail. Should she be concerned?
>
> He also said "the system is rigged". He's already been proven correct, because
> although Hillary got more votes, she lost. The system is rigged alright - in his
> favour.

Or, it could be that, even with "them" still rigging it, it still couldn't overcome the multitude of votes given for Trump. With so much scandal surrounding Hillary, I can't fathom how or why she could be that popular.

Then again, that could be why Hillary was allowed to run. They can rig the voting results (which is a convenient thing about secret ballots) to make it look like "Oh, it was SO close!" and here they get who they really want, Trump. Offer us a rotten apple (Hillary), or the fresh apple (Trump, the outsider), which may or may not be poisoned. "They" could have played us all like a fiddle.... For, you see, I'm what's referred to as a "truther", so I'm very suspicious and skeptical of our so called "system". I'll reiterate (as I did in another post in another topic), with Trump, I'm only doubtful.

Another thing I'm relieved by is the tension towards Russia. Had Hillary won, I'd be very worried about us going to war with them.

But, whatever happens, happens. Time will tell.

ETA: http://omnithought.org/trump-winning-why-it-may-have-been-planned-all-along/4978

Edited by Tomu Breidah (11/11/16 05:28 PM)

LEVEL-4

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

(nt) new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#360371 - 11/13/16 10:46 PM

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 53 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3438