RECLAIMING MY TIME, MOTHERFUCKER

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

The lack of physical fitness in the majority of the population attests to the fact that people can't take care of themselves....
#359916 - 10/25/16 08:43 AM

And it is bleeding the country to oblivion. Fix that one element, and so much would change.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

- new [Re: Traso]
#359918 - 10/25/16 12:14 PM

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: The lack of physical fitness in the majority of the population attests to the fact that people can't take care of themselves.... new [Re: Robbbert]
#359920 - 10/25/16 01:37 PM

> Crappy food costs more than healthy food.

I'll have to disagree. Processed, quick foods are cheaper, and therefor, more people buy said "crappy" food. Or, they may have more preservatives, which have a longer shelf life, and that's another incentive to buy.

That's just on a dietary side. Physical fitness is another story. You could say that 50% of a group are active, or even physically fit (well, there is a difference), and the other 50% could be lazy slobs that sit around most of the day eating take out and microwave dinners... Er, while staring at their smartphones.

LEVEL-4

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: The lack of physical fitness in the majority of the population attests to the fact that people can't take care of themselves.... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#359927 - 10/25/16 10:06 PM

I think/have found that heavy exercise counters a shitty diet and then some. You could eat McDonald's every day and lose weight or stay in shape if you exercise enough and improve your cholesterol, triglycerides and other numbers. Also

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/...an-history.html

That really is a great thing for poor people and not to stick up for McD too much but it isn't their fault if Americans don't exercise worth shit. Certainly you will go downhill faster if you eat McD and don't exercise vs. eating healthy and not exercising.

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

Re: The lack of physical fitness in the majority of the population attests to the fact that people can't take care of themselves.... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#359929 - 10/25/16 10:42 PM

The reward for healthy living is obviously that your fitter and live longer sometimes that ain't so good, i've seen it first hand when people as they age although physically fit have lost their brain capacity and see out their days wasting away in some nursing home not knowing if it's Monday or next Monday.

if only they'd been a little less healthy and checked out a bit sooner

Arcade Addict

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

- new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#359933 - 10/26/16 02:01 AM

grog
Reged: 09/06/11
Send PM

Re: The lack of physical fitness in the majority of the population attests to the fact that people can't take care of themselves.... new [Re: Robbbert]
#359936 - 10/26/16 03:46 AM

junk food which tastes good makes people feel happier* and we all need to feel happy.

shove it down your throat while you still can.

(if i have an apple and a chocolate bar in front of me.. i know which one i'm eating.**)

* perhaps only for an instant.. but still.

** actually i'd probably eat both.. - apple first and then the chocolate bar after. (best until last )

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: The lack of physical fitness in the majority of the population attests to the fact that people can't take care of themselves.... new [Re: gamez fan]
#360035 - 10/28/16 06:01 AM

@Smitty: exercise will help, but only so many calories can be burned in a body in a day. If your intake is beyond that, you'll stay fat or even get fatter, depending on your diet.

Second, injury is right around the corner for those running that race. People almost invariably start off trying to do ten times more than their body is capable of - and believe that's the way to get fit. They don't need help injuring themselves.

> The reward for healthy living is obviously that your fitter and live longer sometimes that ain't so good, i've seen it first hand when people as they age although physically fit have lost their brain capacity and see out their days wasting away in some nursing home not knowing if it's Monday or next Monday.

> if only they'd been a little less healthy and checked out a bit sooner

H-hehn. Not exactly. A little soda over time for one person could trigger genetic elements that lead to illness. A little soda plus......something else.....could make it more likely. The simplicity of it is to eat as whole of foods as possible, and according to your Metabolic Type.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: The lack of physical fitness in the majority of the population attests to the fact that people can't take care of themselves.... new [Re: grog]
#360037 - 10/28/16 06:12 AM

> junk food which tastes good makes people feel happier* and we all need to feel happy.
>
> shove it down your throat while you still can.
>
> (if i have an apple and a chocolate bar in front of me.. i know which one i'm
> eating.**)
>
>
> * perhaps only for an instant.. but still.
>
>
> ** actually i'd probably eat both.. - apple first and then the chocolate bar after.
> (best until last )

Those are [candy] bars. A chocolate bar is something that's all chocolate and isn't a brand of Mars/Nestle/etc. If it isn't at least 50% it doesn't qualify. You have to think of everything as food. Chocolate is food. Candy is not food.

Second, an apple isn't good for everyone. Apples don't much for me but give me a sugar jump. I rarely eat them, and never by themself.

Junk food doesn't taste good, and doesn't make me feel happy. It tastes like shit, or has little flavor. You have two kinds of people who are terrible eaters: addicts, and Whiteys (those who have no palette - they simply can't taste very much), who interestingly aren't necessarily White. One of my homo-male friends is at least part hispanic. He can't handle a pinch of black pepper. He can't taste the difference between a gut burger and a medium-rare steak burger. Many are addicts and Whiteys.

@Tomu: fitness is everything, in this order: rest, diet, training. Conditioning is related to training.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: The lack of physical fitness in the majority of the population attests to the fact that people can't take care of themselves.... new [Re: Traso]
#360042 - 10/28/16 08:19 AM

> @Tomu: fitness is everything, in this order: rest, diet, training. Conditioning is
> related to training.

Forgive me if my vocabulary in this matter isn't.... precise....

"...active, or even physically fit..."

Some people could walk/jog or ride a bike a good number of days of the week, then you have people that are into cardio, and/or weight lifting (more muscle mass = burn more calories, or so I've been led to believe). The former being what I'd refer to as "active", and the latter as being "physically fit". Thus the difference... IMO.

Just posting this to clarify what I was thinking.

And to break away from the discussion.... It was a good number of months ago, where I work we have a work-out room. Some nights I'd use the stationary bike. I'd go for a while till my legs started to get sore (since I don't usually exercise like that). Then some time after (like weeks?) I started having chest pains. Even one day, while walking briskly up some stairs and some number of yards, I felt a pain in my back near my shoulder blades.

Yeah. Sounds like I'm a good candidate for a heart attack. my life.

At any rate, I probably will die of a broken heart (in some fashion)... Can't bridge that gap....

LEVEL-4

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: The lack of physical fitness in the majority of the population attests to the fact that people can't take care of themselves.... new [Re: Traso]
#360076 - 10/29/16 06:03 PM

> Those are [candy] bars. A chocolate bar is something that's all chocolate and isn't a
> brand of Mars/Nestle/etc. If it isn't at least 50% it doesn't qualify. You have to
> think of everything as food. Chocolate is food. Candy is not food.

Preach it. Here in Sweden, you can find imported Hershey's crap in just about any 7-11 or Pressbyrån, but it's right next to other options from Marabou, Fazer, and other local/regional chocolates. Though the fact that Marabou is popular actually kind of pisses me off, because it merged with Kraft back in 1993, and fuck them.

> Second, an apple isn't good for everyone. Apples don't much for me but give me a
> sugar jump. I rarely eat them, and never by themself.

What kind of apples have you been eating? There are some apples that are just plain shitty when it comes to eating them. I've encountered no end of various shit-apples that taste apple-y but just have this bland, mealy taste and texture to them. For me, the only brand of apple that I like is Granny Smith, because it's crisp and feels like you're crunching into something fresh when you bite into it, and because it has a very tart flavor, like I just ate the natural version of a Sour Patch Kid or whatever. There's just a huge variety of different breeds of apples. I suspect if you don't like apples, you've probably only ever had shitty breeds before. There are a bunch of breeds that are pretty much only good for making pies and shit, and if you try to eat them it's just going to be disappointing as hell.

> Junk food doesn't taste good, and doesn't make me feel happy. It tastes like shit, or
> has little flavor. You have two kinds of people who are terrible eaters: addicts, and
> Whiteys (those who have no palette - they simply can't taste very much), who
> interestingly aren't necessarily White. One of my homo-male friends is at least part
> hispanic. He can't handle a pinch of black pepper. He can't taste the difference
> between a gut burger and a medium-rare steak burger. Many are addicts and Whiteys.

Why does it have to be a race thing, though? I know a ton of "whiteys" who fucking love food with various spices in it, and can appreciate the subtle nuances of this spice versus that spice. I'm one of them. But I know a ton of white people who also have not a goddamned clue as to what makes an actual tasty dish or not, for the majority of people. It's kind of true that people from non-majority-white areas of the world tend to have a better take on cooking, but at the same time that just seems weirdly racist to point out.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: The lack of physical fitness in the majority of the population attests to the fact that people can't take care of themselves.... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#360107 - 10/30/16 10:07 PM

> Yeah. Sounds like I'm a good candidate for a heart attack. my life.
>
> At any rate, I probably will die of a broken heart (in some fashion)... Can't bridge that gap....

Well I love ya, man.

Like everything, I simplify 'fitness' to cut the bullshit, the hype, the fashionable - in essence, popcul brain.

Any time you become sore from training, you've over-trained. If it's during a session, you've seriously over-trained. Sounds like you strained something in your rib area.

Again: hindu squats, hindu pushups, and gymnast bridging. Pull-ups/chin-ups can be added.

My current routine that I do nearly every day is ten minutes:

- 10 or so squats

- 5-10 hindu push-ups, wide leg placement

- squats

- 5-10 hindu push-ups, legs shoulder-width

- squats

- pull-up position: isometric hang for so many breaths, then half-height pull-ups - REAL SLOW UP AND DOWN; also focus on grip strength, so that means thumb inclunded.

- squats

- 5-10 chin-ups - REAL SLOW UP AND DOWN

All movements but the squats are slow.

People are amazed at my looks.

*There's a reason I'm not doing bridging right now; I have it in plan.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: The lack of physical fitness in the majority of the population attests to the fact that people can't take care of themselves.... new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#360108 - 10/30/16 10:19 PM

((I'm a souuul maan....)) Good products easily available is important. You find only garbage in convenience stores here. Decent chocolate is in the major grocer chains, but costlier than (likely better) chocolate at TJ's and Sprouts. I don't shop Whole Foods.

Recently at Sprouts I've come across this probiotic chocolate by this brand Attune. Now my mainstay chocolate. 80% cocoa. Rich, but not stiff, sharp, or bitter. (They have a chocolate/coconut that's great, too.) I think the pro-bio element is noticable. I sure feel good for a while after eating it.

I love most fruit. The Pacific and South Am types I'm not that much into. It's my Metabolic Type - Protein. Or, in Blood Typing, I'm an O. The apples are good, just not very good for my body.

It's not a race thing, but an ethnic thing. Those who've (at least) grown up eating a 'white bread' diet - which originally was a certain Am caucasian demographic.

Pages: 1

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3761