MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Been watching all the old twilight zone episodes, starting with the pilot.
#359028 - 09/27/16 04:05 PM

It's been great, but I can't help but notice how many episodes are a variation on the theme of "humans need companionship."

Yeah, we know!

That, and the principle character can't remember how they got into the story. That's a common device there too. Even more common than the human companionship thing.

"I don't recall how I got here, but..."

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

That's deep..... new [Re: GatKong]
#359119 - 09/29/16 08:07 PM

I've occasionally been watching them from the beginning - had in my queue for a long time - but I didn't notice or grok that. Hmmm.....

Before this I'd mainly seen probably the last two seasons, as that was what they played on KTLA back in the early/mid 80s, especially on those 24-hour marathons.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Been watching all the old twilight zone episodes, starting with the pilot. new [Re: GatKong]
#359127 - 09/29/16 09:43 PM

> It's been great, but I can't help but notice how many episodes are a variation on the
> theme of "humans need companionship."
>
> Yeah, we know!
>
> That, and the principle character can't remember how they got into the story. That's
> a common device there too. Even more common than the human companionship thing.
>
> "I don't recall how I got here, but..."

I think last I checked there were a bunch missing from Netflix. I've seen that with other things as well, so now I feel the need to research a series before starting it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 122 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1325