MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU Fundraiser: Slap Shooter
#358781 - 09/18/16 06:44 PM Attachment: 16012001.jpg 247 KB (2 downloads)

ShouTime just dumped the original Street Fighter game and the final version (rev D) of Virtua Fighter 3. We are running a fundraiser to help him pay for Slap Shooter, one of the last undumped games on Sega System E. Click below to help out!

Thanks so far for donations from:

Sean Sutton
Tourniquet
ranger_lennier
Jan Stuhler
gamez fan
Paul Vining
Soren Skou Nielsen
Erick Dillon
Jason Wible
Mr. Goodwraith
Renato Mucciarelli

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Last call for help new [Re: Smitdogg]
#358933 - 09/23/16 04:07 PM

Last call for donations, we'll gather them through tomorrow night. If you can help ShouTime with the costs click below and enjoy the first emulation snaps.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Update: Got donation from Mr. Goodwraith new [Re: Smitdogg]
#358940 - 09/24/16 01:02 AM

Epic, we got a donation just now from Mr. Goodwraith, the leader of the dumping group for mame before the Dumping Union formed. He taught me the ropes. Awesome. Thanks Randy.

MrGoodwraith
Barnacle Clinging to the Ship of MAME
Reged: 10/12/05
Send PM

Re: Update: Got donation from Mr. Goodwraith new [Re: Smitdogg]
#358998 - 09/26/16 07:30 PM

You (and MAME/MESSdom in general) are welcome. Although I'm not able to donate more often than once in a blue moon, I still follow some of these message boards and greatly appreciate the work that all of the contributors to the project continue to do. My best to everyone!

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: Slap Shooter new [Re: Smitdogg]
#359002 - 09/26/16 09:02 PM

>one of the last The 'Next-to-last' undumped games on Sega System E.

Good to know Slap Shooter pcb wasn't polluted with a MC-8123 Z80 chip. I hope Megumi Rescue does not have any sign of the MC-8123 Z80 chip. Haze did post a reminder that it is possible to rescue any undumped game pcbs that might have the MC-8123 Z80 chip. I forgot Aaron and Nicola determined how to rescue any no-longer-working games that use the MC-8123 Z80 chip. That discovery was almost ten years ago iirc.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Update: Got donation from Mr. Goodwraith new [Re: MrGoodwraith]
#359003 - 09/26/16 09:19 PM

>You (and MAME/MESSdom in general) are welcome. Although I'm not able to donate more often than once in a blue moon,

Mucho thanks for your donation along with contributions from others as well. 2016 has been a good hockey year imo. Team Hat Trick preserved earlier this year and now this Sega game and also NHL Pitt Penguins winning an NHL Stanley Cup title earlier this year thanks to Penguins rookie goalie Matt Murray doing unbelievable work in the net. You'll be there in time to see Pens raise the Stanley Cup banner in a few weeks when regular season begins.

>I still follow some of these message boards and greatly appreciate the work that all of
>the contributors to the project continue to do.

I did post a few Nintendo cab related earlier this year.

WG attract mode post

Shooting Trainer attract mode post.

Shooting Trainer game play mode post that briefly explains how the bottle projection unit operates.

Getting the various Kodak slide pieces earlier this year along with a Shooting Trainer manual helps, but still need Shooting Trainer bottle projection unit parts, the audio tape for Shooting Trainer, and as usual...the film reels used with WG.

MrGoodwraith
Barnacle Clinging to the Ship of MAME
Reged: 10/12/05
Send PM

Re: Update: Got donation from Mr. Goodwraith new [Re: gregf]
#359006 - 09/26/16 10:15 PM

> You'll be there in time to see Pens raise the Stanley Cup banner in a few weeks when regular season begins.

No, unfortunately I won't. I moved from the Pittsburgh area to Maryland three years ago.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Update: Got donation from Mr. Goodwraith new [Re: MrGoodwraith]
#359007 - 09/26/16 10:53 PM

>>You'll be there in time to see Pens raise the Stanley Cup banner in a few weeks when
>>regular season begins.

>No, unfortunately I won't. I moved from the Pittsburgh area to Maryland three years ago.

Okay. You can wave some Pitt Penguins rally flag in front of the faces of any of the local, envious NHL Washington Capitols fans while there. *kidding*

ssndk
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/29/16
Send PM

#359084 - 09/29/16 10:50 AM

Has there ever been discussions about making a way of donating on a more regular basis?

Recognizing the importance of the preservation and also the many hours of entertainment this project is giving me I think it would be great if there was a way to donate smaller amounts each month to this project in general and I think many more people would feel the same way.

I imagine a sort of subscription with a donation of your own choice.

Ah, I just noticed you can make it monthly reoccurring , but I think this should be advertised more on Mameworld etc.

Edited by ssndk (09/29/16 11:05 AM)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: Slap Shooter new [Re: ssndk]
#359085 - 09/29/16 11:06 AM

If you login to your account and have PayPal Credit setup you can setup monthly/weekly/whatever payments.

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/article/FAQ2924

The other way appears to be where I'd have to pay them 30 a month to have it where I'd have subscription buttons.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/pro-recurring-payments

Maybe someone knows a workaround for those without PayPal Credit.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: Slap Shooter new [Re: ssndk]
#359086 - 09/29/16 11:10 AM

I couldn't find the option in my account (non-PayPal Credit account). I'll look more into it later.

Darksoft
MAME and Arcade Fan
Reged: 06/17/11
Loc: Poland
Send PM

#359443 - 10/06/16 02:35 PM

I just made a small donation to be used for this or any other game you want. Hope it helps.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Fundraiser: Slap Shooter new [Re: Darksoft]
#359452 - 10/06/16 06:24 PM

Thanks! Awesome.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 472 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4607