View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

deanord
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/31/16
Send PM

MAME not recognizing AimTrak light gun
#358159 - 08/31/16 09:55 PM

I've run out of ideas and need some help.

I simply can't get MAME to recognize the light gun. Allow me to explain.

The light gun is connected, and I'm easily able to calibrate it. This works fine.

• When I use the MOUSE, cursor moves around the Windows desktop like it should. Great.
  • When I use the TRACKBALL (I have a tankstick), cursor moves around the Windows desktop like it should. Great.
  • When I use the LIGHT GUN, cursor moves around the Windows desktop like it should. Great.

However, when I start a MAME game, hit tab, go to Input (General), Player 1 controls, scroll down to Lightgun X Analog, it will accept the MOUSE, it will accept the TRACKBALL, but when I use the LIGHTGUN it just moves the cursor around the screen and MAME doesn't see the input.

Going crazy.

Any ideas? TIA.

Chappie
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/31/09
Send PM

Re: MAME not recognizing AimTrak light gun new [Re: deanord]
#358169 - 09/01/16 11:41 AM

What version of Mame are you using? The new version just came out (.177) and it fixed Light gun ID issues but that may have only been a dual gun problem it fixed.

schlechtj
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/05/16
Send PM

Re: MAME not recognizing AimTrak light gun new [Re: deanord]
#358358 - 09/06/16 07:47 AM

I just got mine working today. I had no response until I selected the controller tab and checked the use light gun radio button. Granted, I am using version .74 of mame due to using a hp thin client with an atom processor but I hope this points you in the right direction. After that it just started working perfectly. Just needed to configure the triggers in game.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: MAME not recognizing AimTrak light gun new [Re: schlechtj]
#358376 - 09/06/16 11:25 PM

> I just got mine working today. I had no response until I selected the controller tab and checked the use light gun radio button. Granted, I am using version .74 of mame due to using a hp thin client with an atom processor but I hope this points you in the right direction. After that it just started working perfectly. Just needed to configure the triggers in game.

The processing power of that device might be interfering with the polling of the gun. Also, I recommend trying a much newer version of MAME (say .110 onward - on a different machine), to see whether performance changes.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Andy Warne 
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4137