View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1 | 2 | >>

uman
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/15/12
Send PM

Re: Is MAME Killing itīs frontends? new [Re: BIOS-D]
#358083 - 08/28/16 04:03 PM

> EDIT: I also said "Knowing years of emu drama I know it won't be his last words as he
> states" and look, I wasn't wrong.

And i also told you (now the second time), that MooglyGuy and Haze did the same and look, I wasnīt wrong too. If i follow your logic, i must assume they are attention whores too (which i dont ).

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Is MAME Killing itīs frontends? new [Re: uman]
#358084 - 08/28/16 04:10 PM

> I am sorry mamesick, i just missed typing a zero more ^^ .
>
> @BIOS-D: For someone who doesnt know about the stories being told, i am wondering who
> is "going to jump on someone else talk". Yes you dont know me and i dont know you,
> but this doesnt change the fact, why i shouldnt write what was said. Especially
> MooglyGuy, with his kind of Tourette-Syndrome, prevaricate stories all the time. So
> if mamesick is bitching at him, it is the best thing he could do, because that person
> deserves it. You on the other side, can continue cherish MooglyGuy or Haze and
> thinking mamesick has a black-heart, i know it better.

Why do you keep trying to drag me into this?

I'm not on the team right now, by choice.

Unfortunately, after deciding I was going to take a break from MAME I ended up breaking my arm, which limited what I could do elsewhere too, meaning I had to pass up on a fair bit of work.

Now that's recovered, which took longer than expected, the work that was there for me to do is no longer available, so I have some free time.

I disagree with this 'ranking people based on who / where they've worked' because emulation has nothing to do with that, for the most part it's a completely different skillset and without the people who started MAME as a hobby we wouldn't even have MAME. For that, I do think it's wrong that people attack Mamesick over his choice of employment.

Even with the free time I have right now I'm using it to help out a bit with nudging the fruit machine work forward, because some interest was shown from outside of the team, and, despite your (and others) prejudice against them they remain some of the *most at risk* machines where many have likely already been lost forever, and even in cases where there are roms, nobody knows what the machines actually looked like.

uman
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Is MAME Killing itīs frontends? new [Re: Haze]
#358085 - 08/28/16 05:45 PM

> Why do you keep trying to drag me into this?
>
> I'm not on the team right now, by choice.

WTF. I am not trying to drag you into this. I just used you as a example, to answer to BIOS-D statements, about mamesick still appearing here and have the nerves to write something.

In fact, you are someone that still have my respect, be it fruitmachines or the endless other (more interesting) stuff. At least i could discuss with you, like normal humans do, something i cant tell for some people of "the team". Even if you came up with a C-64 pallete from a emulator, claiming that the C-64 didnt have "happy games", because of the dull colors. Maybe you dont know the differences between the pal and ntsc vic-II chips or that the colors looked very different on a real crt. If you are still interested in this, you should read this: http://www.pepto.de/projects/colorvic/
Especially the last e-mail note .

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Italy
Send PM

#358088 - 08/28/16 08:02 PM

Haze is ok. He always obtained my respect (even if we badly discussed in the past, expecially about NeoGeo) and I always considered him one of the most talented in the Team. He's able to emulate a game or reproduce an unemulated part of it simply watching a YouTube video. 2D tilemap-based games have no secrets for him. Maybe he lacks the same skills when he has to emulate sound chips, as he often admitted by himself, but this was not a problem in the early days of MAME because there was really co-operation and usually was the job for another Dev add the sound part. This WAS the MAME TEAM in the Nicola Salmoria period and also when Haze was the leader of the project. What I'm saying is history, not personal opinions.
Now all of this is gone, Developers' EGOCENTRISM is the real leader of the project.

About C64 palette, even a stupid should know that the C64 board has two different video output, one is the RF channel, made expecially for home TV, UHF 36 PAL. The other is a VIDEO-COMPOSITE one, that was made for the Commodore (or compatible) monitors and that you can use today with a S-VIDEO or SCART connection. The results on the screen are different, without taking in account all other factors that could influence the final output like different resistors from a board to another, different manufacturing of the VIC-II (4 revisions of it were produced before switching to the C64C hardware) and expecially that the C64 was a cheap machine made for the masses and Commodore never cared about using cheap material to produce them as fast as possible. These rules applies to the SID too, but it's a long and complex argument to touch now.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#358091 - 08/28/16 09:32 PM

> I am sorry mamesick, i just missed typing a zero more ^^ .
>
> @BIOS-D: For someone who doesnt know about the stories being told, i am wondering who
> is "going to jump on someone else talk". Yes you dont know me and i dont know you,
> but this doesnt change the fact, why i shouldnt write what was said. Especially
> MooglyGuy, with his kind of Tourette-Syndrome, prevaricate stories all the time. So
> if mamesick is bitching at him, it is the best thing he could do, because that person
> deserves it. You on the other side, can continue cherish MooglyGuy or Haze and
> thinking mamesick has a black-heart, i know it better.

Now is my turn to ask why was I dragged into this too? Since today I haven't replied to Mamesick directly, I don't even use his derivative build. I can't talk about whatever MooglyGuy and him are involved because simply I couldn't care less. All I did was to make a general reply to another user about emudrama and a "you can do better now" that wasn't meant to offend him, yet he took it as a major insult. Since then all has been replies to his hostile indirect actions. If that's how Mamesick picks fights with unknown Internet users, no wonder he doesn't get any sympathy at all.

And in case I didn't make myself clear before, I DON'T SUPPORT MooglyGuy. I don't even know him, I don't talk to him and I couldn't care less whatever fight he's on because emudrama exists since the beginning of the scene and out of MAME too. They always come back, it doesn't matter how many times they are quitting the scene or telling they won't visit a community ever after.

uman
MAME Fan
Send PM

#358092 - 08/29/16 12:12 AM

Dude, i am sorry if you feel dragged into this (whatever it means), but if you had carefully read what Mamesick wrote now and in the past, you would probably understand why he felt being offended by your "you can do better now".

Maybe he loved his job, because he didnt need to work for some greedy boss. He and his friends had a privately run hotel for more than a decade. Economical circumstance forced them to close it and now a person comes in (you in this case) to tell him "dont be sad, you can do better now"... Hell, i would be angry to read such things too and then you write here that he is nothing more than a attention whore. what did you expect?

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Reged: 03/14/15
Loc: UK
Send PM

#358095 - 08/29/16 03:27 AM

> I see you are trying to be offensive, but honestly I can't say or feel anything about
> it because I don't even know who are you. Even I didn't know about MAMEUIFX except
> for the casual rants his author does here or the fights he gets on with MooglyGuy.
>

Who the hell doesn't get into it with MooglyGuy?

MooglyGuy hates Mame users. Don't know why, don't care to know. I doubt he even speaks to his parents. In fact, I doubt he speaks to himself without insulting somehow. He feels entitled to do it because he's spent years on Mame doing development and attacking people. It's like he feels he needs to get an insult in for every minute he's spent coding, it's his currency. LOL

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

Fight somewhere else new [Re: shimazaki]
#358096 - 08/29/16 05:07 AM

Everyone replying here in the last few days just wants to piss on someone else.

And it keeps moving this thread to the top, preventing people who actually need help or want to discuss relative stuff from being seen.

So go and discuss who's dick is bigger somewhere else.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

#358097 - 08/29/16 05:52 AM

He's trying to exit from the bad situation I dragged into in the best way, without considering that:
1) He judged and criticized my job without knowing or asking for details but instead thinking I was searching pity from the community.
2) He also criticized the fact that now , at 41 and with few money and without a job, I'm obliged to come back to my mother's house. This has been *unacceptable*. Maybe I should go under a bridge and ask for charity, it would be a "more adult" move for him.

Every job needs respect, even cleaning the toilets in offices or motels, if done honestly. He probably lives in a good place and has a good job that allows him to judge others' one. Unfortunately here in Italy *every day* someone lose his job, even at 50 years old and sometimes after 30+ years of activity.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Is MAME Killing itīs frontends? new [Re: Mamesick]
#358098 - 08/29/16 08:03 AM

Erm, no. You can check by yourself. The only reason I criticized your functions was because you come here to shitpost the project (even when your work is dependent of it) and then you shitposted the community in your own forum after. I don't know what problems you have with MooglyGuy, but as I said that's none of my business.

I don't need to "exit from the bad situation" because again there isn't anything bad I can't sleep well. It was you who took it the wrong way and now you can't forget enough I'm now in some kind of blacklist it doesn't prejudice me except your own view of things.

I went a bit overboard I admit it, but only because of your hostile actions in this forum. You also judged and criticized me without asking or searching for details, that usually happens when you talk to people through Internet without meeting them directly.

uman
MAME Fan
Send PM

#358109 - 08/29/16 03:22 PM

Erm... shitpost the project? Erm... NO. He contributed regularly, being it bug reports (just like you) or fixes for bugs. Ok, some are considered as hacks, but some were perfectly fine. It seems very legit to me, what he wrote. He also didnt shitpost the community, just the usual suspects. Considering all the things that has been told and also written here again. Some members of the "the team", brought in some work, to avoid arcadeonly mame-versions, with no success. The same people considered MAMEUIFX a threat, to official MAME, plain bullshit again. The list could go on and on. Same people also shitstormed Mamesick a view times, sometimes here and in other places too.

Edited by uman (08/29/16 03:30 PM)

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

#358110 - 08/29/16 03:43 PM

> Erm... shitposts? seems very legit to me, what he wrote. He also didnt shitpost the
> community, just the usual suspects. Considering all the things that has been told and
> also written here again. Some members of the "the team", brought in some work, to
> avoid arcadeonly mame-versions, with no success. The same people considered MAMEUIFX
> a threat, to official MAME, plain bullshit again. The list could go on and on. Same
> people also shitstormed Mamesick a view times, sometimes here and in other places
> too.

Yeah, yeah, LOL. Moogly, Belmont and the french chicken Galibert thrown shit at me a lot of times. They arrived at the point to call me an "homophobe".... I'm not homosexual, so I have nothing to be afraid of. On the contrary is the opposite for Moogly, he probably caught in love with me. Though, its Autism Level 1 syndrome prevents him to have normal interpersonal relationships with the rest of the world so he started to offend me in an heavy way like he did with other people in the past when he was a Minecraft Developer:
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Ryan_Holtz
And with a lot of other users here.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

#358111 - 08/29/16 03:54 PM

> Erm, no. You can check by yourself. The only reason I criticized your functions was
> because you come here to shitpost the project (even when your work is dependent of
> it) and then you shitposted the community in your own forum after. I don't know what
> problems you have with MooglyGuy, but as I said that's none of my business.

I don't think that express an opinion about where is going MAME Project that doesn't like to Developers is exactly a shitpost. I never said "MAME is full of bugs and shit". They said a lot of times that my work (MAMEUIFX) is "full of bugs and shit".

> I don't need to "exit from the bad situation" because again there isn't anything bad
> I can't sleep well. It was you who took it the wrong way and now you can't forget
> enough I'm now in some kind of blacklist it doesn't prejudice me except your own view
> of things.

You're not in a blacklist. You have been mentioned as one of the ass-kissers users that jumped on Moogly offensive post to attack me. Maybe I misinterpreted your words.

> I went a bit overboard I admit it, but only because of your hostile actions in this
> forum. You also judged and criticized me without asking or searching for details,
> that usually happens when you talk to people through Internet without meeting them
> directly.

I went hostile only against Moogly, who was already been warned to ignore me. And as already said, others took the chance to attack me. Probably you weren't one of them. If so, fine.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >>

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 32 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 14823