MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

yoeddy
Sound perfectionist
Reged: 12/27/03
Loc: Boise, Idaho
Send PM

Asteroids vector strangeness
#356883 - 07/25/16 08:20 AM

Hi guys,

Running 0.172 and not HLSL. Just running graphics from onboard Intel graphics chip to my 27" Kortek arcade monitor.

Asteroids looks a bit strange and I'm hoping there's a tweak in the .ini that will help. I know it will never look as good as an actual vector monitor, but it seems like vector games looked better on my monitor with previous versions of MAME. Horizontal vector lines look fine, but the vertical vector lines are really dim.

Any changes that can be made to make the vertical lines match the look of the horizontal lines?

Thanks,
Jason

yoeddy
Sound perfectionist
Reged: 12/27/03
Loc: Boise, Idaho
Send PM

Re: Asteroids vector strangeness new [Re: yoeddy]
#356884 - 07/25/16 08:54 AM

Figured it out. Bumping up contrast in the slider settings for each game REALLY made the vectors pop better.

Thanks,
Jason

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Asteroids vector strangeness new [Re: yoeddy]
#356899 - 07/25/16 11:15 PM

Try creating a file in the root of your mame folder named vector.ini and include the lines below. The beam width lines might be overkill on your setup. I need them for my groovymame setup on an arcade monitor (vector games run interlaced)...

contrast 2.0
gamma 2.0
beam_width_min 2.0
beam_width_max 2.0

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 319 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1736