MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

SOLVED: Vs Super Mario Bros - buttons are wrong?
#356663 - 07/19/16 09:37 AM

Okay, so I haven't ever been able to get more than 100 on the jump to the flag. I mentioned this in the last year, and people said I just sucked. But that wasn't the case.

I played a vs cab today (SMB and Gradius (?) . Pressing button A jumped. Pressing button B did nothing - until I had fireballs. AHA. On the second flag, I accidentally pressed both buttons, and BINGO 5000 pts. HAH.

In MAME for the longest time, each button jumped and spat fireballs. In .175, A does both, and B does a crouching jump? Pressing both does not jump super high. So, sumpm seems wrong, yeah?

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Vs Super Mario Bros - buttons are wrong? new [Re: Traso]
#356665 - 07/19/16 09:51 AM

> Okay, so I haven't ever been able to get more than 100 on the jump to the flag. I
> mentioned this in the last year, and people said I just sucked. But that wasn't the
> case.
>
> I played a vs cab today (SMB and Gradius (?) . Pressing button A jumped. Pressing
> button B did nothing - until I had fireballs. AHA. On the second flag, I accidentally
> pressed both buttons, and BINGO 5000 pts. HAH.
>
> In MAME for the longest time, each button jumped and spat fireballs. In .175, A does
> both, and B does a crouching jump? Pressing both does not jump super high. So, sumpm
> seems wrong, yeah?

Nothing in what you say happens to your MAME 0.175 happens to my MAME 0.175. Button 1 (B) is used to running and shooting (hold to pick up speed which also increases jump height). Button 2 (A) is for Jumping and strictly Jumping. I'm not sure what is causing your experience to change so drastically, but it does not happen in a freshly installed binary without any possible controller/input conflicts.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Vs Super Mario Bros - buttons are wrong? new [Re: Tafoid]
#356669 - 07/19/16 10:59 AM

Alright. I had P2 buttons mapped to the same keys as P1, but reversed, which makes both p1 buttons jump and fire. (The same keys in the same order doesn't cause this.) Run fast still happens, but after the jump. Since I didn't even know there was a feature, I wouldn't hold it down long enough to find out. So everything's good now. In fact, it's ridiculously easy to get five grand at the flag.

By the way, red is over-bearing on SMB with HLSL on, so apparently it's a system-wide phenomenon.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Okay, I have another issue..... new [Re: Traso]
#356825 - 07/23/16 08:02 AM

Regardless of which button I push when pushing start to continue where the last game ended, it starts at 1-1.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 324 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1551