MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: Bubble Trouble
#356649 - 07/19/16 01:14 AM Attachment: s-l1600.jpg 153 KB (0 downloads)

coolmod dumped an English version of Golly Ghost 2: Bubble Trouble. It's likely a test version or just a very low run.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: DU: Bubble Trouble new [Re: Smitdogg]
#356653 - 07/19/16 02:33 AM

> coolmod dumped an English version of Golly Ghost 2: Bubble Trouble. It's likely a
> test version or just a very low run.

Nice. Should it be the other way around? Bubble Trouble: Golly! Ghost! 2 http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7225 and also here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golly!_Ghost!#Golly.21_Ghost.21_2

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: DU: Bubble Trouble new [Re: Dullaron]
#356696 - 07/20/16 02:00 PM

> Nice. Should it be the other way around? Bubble Trouble: Golly! Ghost! 2

I know you're literally mentally disabled, but come on, there's a big fucking photograph taken of the actual game's title screen in the post you're replying to, and you should know by now that MAME goes off of what the title screen says.

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

#356699 - 07/20/16 03:36 PM

Quote:

Nice. Should it be the other way around? Bubble Trouble: Golly! Ghost! 2

Certainly due to the positioning of the letters on the title acreen i suppose folks will have different ideas of what it should be called.

Arcade Addict

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: DU: Bubble Trouble new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#356700 - 07/20/16 03:55 PM Attachment: bt.jpg 13 KB (9 downloads)

> > Nice. Should it be the other way around? Bubble Trouble: Golly! Ghost! 2
>
> I know you're literally mentally disabled, but come on, there's a big fucking
> photograph taken of the actual game's title screen in the post you're replying to,
> and you should know by now that MAME goes off of what the title screen says.

Absolutely. Let's completely ignore the fact that "Bubble Trouble" is the standout of the name on the title screen, with GG2 thrown in as the subscript.

Let's also completely ignore that the actual arcade cabinet marquee lists it as Bubble Trouble, again with GG2 overlayed as a subscript.

And the actual flyer for the game, too. They're all wrong.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Bob Borakovitz
Lurker
Reged: 03/24/04
Send PM

Re: DU: Bubble Trouble new [Re: Mr. Do]
#356707 - 07/20/16 08:57 PM

some users here are getting to be total jerks in almost every post I see them in, and it's starting to get old. if this place makes you so upset, then why be here any more?

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#356708 - 07/20/16 09:45 PM

> > > Nice. Should it be the other way around? Bubble Trouble: Golly! Ghost! 2
> >
> > I know you're literally mentally disabled, but come on, there's a big fucking
> > photograph taken of the actual game's title screen in the post you're replying to,
> > and you should know by now that MAME goes off of what the title screen says.
>
>
> Absolutely. Let's completely ignore the fact that "Bubble Trouble" is the standout of
> the name on the title screen, with GG2 thrown in as the subscript.
>
> Let's also completely ignore that the actual arcade cabinet marquee lists it as
> Bubble Trouble, again with GG2 overlayed as a subscript.
>
> And the actual flyer for the game, too. They're all wrong.

Here is a bigger picture. Title screen will say Bubble Trouble then say Golly Ghosts 2 in smaller Japanese letters under Bubble. Bigger words always first.

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Arcade/Title/big/Bubble_Trouble_-_1992_-_Namco.jpg

http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Arcade/Cabinet/big/Bubble_Trouble_-_1992_-_Namco.jpg

What I said it is correct. Bubble Trouble: Golly Ghosts 2. A lot info will say that about this game. Common sense.

The English version is the same way.

In MAME it call Bubble Trouble as listed.

Edit: OK there are Ghosts in the game.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

uVSthem
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/06/11
Send PM

#356713 - 07/21/16 12:58 AM

There is no toy doll house style gimmick in this like the original game? The game play screen seems pretty empty.

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

Re: DU: Bubble Trouble new [Re: uVSthem]
#356718 - 07/21/16 02:05 AM

Quote:

There is no toy doll house style gimmick in this like the original game? The game play screen seems pretty empty.

Golly Ghost uses MAME Artwork i guess this game needs it also..??

Arcade Addict

uVSthem
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: DU: Bubble Trouble new [Re: gamez fan]
#356719 - 07/21/16 02:10 AM

That's what I figured when I 1st tried out the rom in MAME but when checking out the posted video from YouTube of the cabinet, still don't see any type of model toy gimmicks.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: DU: Bubble Trouble new [Re: uVSthem]
#356746 - 07/21/16 03:35 PM

> That's what I figured when I 1st tried out the rom in MAME but when checking out the
> posted video from YouTube of the cabinet, still don't see any type of model toy
> gimmicks.

That video just seems to be missing the artwork. The original Japanese cab does have a backdrop. Doesn't seem to be interactive like the first one, but it is there:

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm4755689

uVSthem
MAME Fan
Send PM

#356747 - 07/21/16 03:39 PM

> > That's what I figured when I 1st tried out the rom in MAME but when checking out
> the
> > posted video from YouTube of the cabinet, still don't see any type of model toy
> > gimmicks.
>
> That video just seems to be missing the artwork. The original Japanese cab does have
> a backdrop. Doesn't seem to be interactive like the first one, but it is there:
>
> http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm4755689

Dang, that looks way awesome. Hopefully someone will be able to add is as artwork to MAME one day.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

#356748 - 07/21/16 03:41 PM

> Here is a bigger picture. Title screen will say Bubble Trouble then say Golly Ghosts
> 2 in smaller Japanese letters under Bubble. Bigger words always first.
>
> http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Arcade/Title/big/Bubble_Trouble_-_1992_-_Namco.jpg
>
> http://gamesdbase.com/Media/SYSTEM/Arcade/Cabinet/big/Bubble_Trouble_-_1992_-_Namco.jpg
>
> What I said it is correct. Bubble Trouble: Golly Ghosts 2. A lot info will say that
> about this game. Common sense.
>
> The English version is the same way.
>
> In MAME it call Bubble Trouble as listed.
>
> Edit: OK there are Ghosts in the game.

D... I was being sarcastic to MG... I 100% agree with you. It's obvious in all the materials what the name is.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: DU: Bubble Trouble new [Re: Bob Borakovitz]
#356749 - 07/21/16 03:49 PM

> some users here are getting to be total jerks in almost every post I see them in, and
> it's starting to get old. if this place makes you so upset, then why be here any
> more?

Longtime board member posts sarcastic reply, in jest and good nature, to other longtime board member, who he knows will get and understand the sarcasm.

Assumes that the thousands of outside users glancing by will get it, too... doesn't take into consideration there could be one person that might not.

(Why do we have the again, if not for that?)

Bob Borakovitz
Lurker
Reged: 03/24/04
Send PM

#356755 - 07/21/16 04:59 PM

> > some users here are getting to be total jerks in almost every post I see them in,
> and
> > it's starting to get old. if this place makes you so upset, then why be here any
> > more?
>
> Longtime board member posts sarcastic reply, in jest and good nature, to other
> longtime board member, who he knows will get and understand the sarcasm.
>
> Assumes that the thousands of outside users glancing by will get it, too... doesn't
> take into consideration there could be one person that might not.
>
> (Why do we have the again, if not for that?)

thanks for the reply. ok, maybe it's going over my head. it just seems to be all the time. apologies then.

Doc Mac
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/22/16
Send PM

#356813 - 07/22/16 10:38 PM

did he dump the missing I/O board EPROM?
the version in MAME is missing it.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: DU: Bubble Trouble new [Re: Doc Mac]
#356814 - 07/22/16 10:49 PM

It's dumped but I haven't looked at the source to see if it was hooked up. It's unlikely to be the same data as needed for the Japan version. Or at least, this version has handwritten labels including that chip.

Doc Mac
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/22/16
Send PM

#356832 - 07/23/16 11:25 AM

There probably weren't too many made so maybe they are all hand written. It's an I/O ROM, there won't be anything country/version specific in it. It's listed in MAME on both dumped versions. The one from Golly Ghost was previously hooked up, so the new ROM replaced it. So it is hooked up and appears to be working. Great!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 517 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4760