MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

R.I.P. MAMEUIFX: Time to leave...
#356337 - 07/10/16 06:27 AM

http://mame32fx.altervista.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=307

Nomax
Ryo Hazuki
Reged: 11/19/03
Loc: Belgium
Send PM

Re: R.I.P. MAMEUIFX: Time to leave... new [Re: B2K24]
#356340 - 07/10/16 10:23 AM

> http://mame32fx.altervista.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=307

That's a bummer.

Thank you for all the great work and I wish you to find a new job quickly.

--------------------
NPlayers.ini - The multiplayer description file for MAME. (Linux user #448789)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#356341 - 07/10/16 10:43 AM

> http://mame32fx.altervista.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=307

"I don’t see anything appealing in what is happening to the MAME project from a global perspective: with their obsession to make it universally compatible with every Operating System available on the earth they created a giant software that become slower and slower on every new release."

Wow, what a prick. His life is collapsing around him yet he still can't resist hypocritically throwing stones at the project that without which he wouldn't have had his own piece of shit to maintain. Good riddance.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Italy
Send PM

Re: R.I.P. MAMEUIFX: Time to leave... new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#356342 - 07/10/16 11:06 AM

> > http://mame32fx.altervista.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=307
>
> "I don’t see anything appealing in what is happening to the MAME project from a
> global perspective: with their obsession to make it universally compatible with every
> Operating System available on the earth they created a giant software that become
> slower and slower on every new release."
>
> Wow, what a prick. His life is collapsing around him yet he still can't resist
> hypocritically throwing stones at the project that without which he wouldn't have had
> his own piece of shit to maintain. Good riddance.

You still continue to talk about me even in my absence. I'm free to express my opinion about the project, wrong or right it's up to people decide. For the rest, you only demonstrated to me and to the whole community how much full of shit you are. I'm really happy I will not have to worry anymore about you and your pals RB and OG. Oh, don't worry, my life will be happier than yours, in every sense. Stop communications from me, feel free to reply with your usual pathetic arrogance and bad attitude that made you famous here and in other forums.

Edited by Mamesick (07/10/16 11:09 AM)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: R.I.P. MAMEUIFX: Time to leave... new [Re: Mamesick]
#356343 - 07/10/16 11:09 AM

> You still continue to talk about me even in my absence. I'm free to express my
> opinion about the project, wrong or right it's up to people decide.

And I'm free to express my opinion that you're a hypocritical douchebag. Wahey!

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Italy
Send PM

#356344 - 07/10/16 11:12 AM Attachment: trudi_1.jpeg 194 KB (1 downloads)

You asked for it, here it is. Now time to leave this place too.
Au revoir.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Edited by Mamesick (07/10/16 11:14 AM)

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

#356346 - 07/10/16 01:52 PM

as an italian myself who lost his job recently,I can perfectly relate to him.

I will surely miss your UIFX rel,and i hope that both you and me,and whoever lost their job because some politician prick decided to sink its own nation,can soon find peace of mind

oh and that every politician on Earth may die,right now,in agony

Jason
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: PA
Send PM

Re: R.I.P. MAMEUIFX: Time to leave... new [Re: Solstar]
#356347 - 07/10/16 02:09 PM

Can you please keep your political views to yourself? Seriously, what if someone reading this has a close family member in politics? Please think before you post. This is a news submission board, not the Loony Bin.

Ziggy100
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/14/08
Send PM

#356348 - 07/10/16 02:16 PM

Quote:

> Wow, what a prick. His life is collapsing around him yet he still can't resist
> hypocritically throwing stones at the project that without which he wouldn't have had

You really are a vile little waste of space cunt of a human being.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: R.I.P. MAMEUIFX: Time to leave... new [Re: Ziggy100]
#356349 - 07/10/16 02:49 PM

I see no point in tossing in a mamedev rip on it getting slower as if that has anything to do with the real reason he's quit (lost his job). If I was a mamedev I'd probably rip him too.

abelenki
Super Drunk
Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Perm, Russia
Send PM

LOL [nt] new [Re: Jason]
#356355 - 07/10/16 08:12 PM

> Can you please keep your political views to yourself? Seriously, what if someone
> reading this has a close family member in politics?
Please think before you post.
> This is a news submission board, not the Loony Bin.

p.s.: i didn't laugh THAT hard for a month. thanks!!

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

Masked Ninja
Mame Fan
Reged: 09/12/09
Loc: Spain
Send PM

#356356 - 07/10/16 08:24 PM

It is bad news for me, you leave.
Thanks for your job...

abelenki
Super Drunk
Send PM

Re: R.I.P. MAMEUIFX: Time to leave... new [Re: Jason]
#356357 - 07/10/16 08:29 PM

> Seriously, what if someone
> reading this has a close family member in politics?

well, what "someone" could do:

1. leave a family.
2. kill himself.
3. call 911.

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

abelenki
Super Drunk
Send PM

#356359 - 07/10/16 09:07 PM

> Now time to leave this place too.

thank you!! it's really appreciated.

apeman
Surfer
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: HI
Send PM

#356360 - 07/10/16 09:42 PM

Ryan, dude, stop being such a bully.

Edited by apeman (07/10/16 11:54 PM)

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: R.I.P. MAMEUIFX: Time to leave... new [Re: apeman]
#356361 - 07/10/16 10:24 PM

On a human and personal level alone, I feel bad for the guy regarding his real-life situation. What I don't like here is it seems he's using a goodbye post to finish some kind of ongoing argument in an attempt to get his fans/followers to stop looking at current MAME. Some of the pot shots he's taking here regarding some console machines preforming badly as well as his outlook of the project from his global perspective alone are completely unrelated in regards to the subject of his news or post. Frankly it's destructive and I really hope there isn't too many people that don't know any better that are actually buying into his bitter words.

Anyone willing to disregard an entire project because a MAMEUIFX or MAMEUI isn't available anymore is only cheating themselves from the possibilities the future may hold.

As a result of this goodbye post that has destructive bits and insults embedded in it that could potentially affect many MAME users that don't know any better, as a result of this, I've lost any respect I've had for Giulio.

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

#356362 - 07/11/16 01:12 AM

I've never seen such hostility between people before in a free voluntary cooperative open source project. When there's this much hostility, there's usually one bad egg that is the agitator of turning one member against the other, one group against another. So who is this bad egg? Who is this agitator? And no, I'm not talking about Obama .

If this hostility is not resolved, it could lead to valuable members of the team leaving. I fear this has already cause some to leave. And I fear it might continue to happen if this madness is not stopped and resolved.

MichaelMichael54321
Cautious Forum Poster
Reged: 01/19/13
Loc: U.S.A
Send PM

Re: R.I.P. MAMEUIFX: Time to leave... new [Re: Big Karnak]
#356363 - 07/11/16 01:32 AM

I wish I could say it better than your statement, but I can't...but yeah, I am on the same page.

What? There's nothing here to say.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#356364 - 07/11/16 02:58 AM

> I've never seen such hostility between people before in a free voluntary cooperative
> open source project. When there's this much hostility, there's usually one bad egg
> that is the agitator of turning one member against the other, one group against
> another. So who is this bad egg? Who is this agitator? And no, I'm not talking about
> Obama .
>
> If this hostility is not resolved, it could lead to valuable members of the team
> leaving. I fear this has already cause some to leave. And I fear it might continue to
> happen if this madness is not stopped and resolved.

... Never? Really?

I've been following MAME in one way or another since 1999 and it's always had these huge fights between project collaborators. Hell, that's part of the charm of the emuscene in general.

If you actually think this is bad then you really, really should not look into the past.

Though yeah, it sucks the guy lost his job, and I don't wish that upon ANYONE but there really wasn't any need to start a fight over the usual stuff.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#356365 - 07/11/16 03:05 AM

From an external point of view it seems the bad egg lost his job and removed himself while giving a "final rant". Knowing years of emu drama I know it won't be his last words as he states.

It's already bad losing a job but seriously, 10 years as a receptionist/waiter? And at 41? Destiny removed from your comfort zone so finally you can grow to something better. Now it's up to you going for the better or being slaved in another so-so job for another 20 years without chance of improving like your last job. Bad news isn't always bad.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#356368 - 07/11/16 04:13 AM

He's not part of any team and obviously he is the agitator if you read his post, he can't just say bye I lost my job and livelihood, he uses it as a chance to re-open his 15 year old fight with mamedevs that every old timer is sick to the teeth of, about what is considered a hack and emulation that isn't up to snuff with single hardware emulators blah blah blah. It's lamer than dog shit. It's not kicking a man while he's down, it's responding to his disses which he very clearly asked for, practically begged. I'm locking this shit of a thread.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
2 registered and 501 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3890