Pages: 1

kaptainsteve
Lurker
Reged: 10/02/03
Send PM

Mame Hiscore???
#356167 - 07/02/16 08:15 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone with a crystal ball could tell me if Hiscore will find it's way into the regular Mame anytime soon?

I've had some compiled versions with Hiscore patch and they don't seem to work anymore?

Thanks.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Mame Hiscore??? new [Re: kaptainsteve]
#356168 - 07/02/16 08:33 PM

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone with a crystal ball could tell me if Hiscore will find it's
> way into the regular Mame anytime soon?
>
> I've had some compiled versions with Hiscore patch and they don't seem to work
> anymore?
>
> Thanks.

Works fine with the files provided with the mamedev produced MAME binaries. Start MAME, choose the option "Plugins" (near the bottom of the screen, above Exit) and then turn on whichever LUA plugins you want to use (hiscore support is there, along with some others).. no need to patch sources anymore.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Mame Hiscore??? new [Re: Tafoid]
#356169 - 07/02/16 08:45 PM

> > Hello,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone with a crystal ball could tell me if Hiscore will find
> it's
> > way into the regular Mame anytime soon?
> >
> > I've had some compiled versions with Hiscore patch and they don't seem to work
> > anymore?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Works fine with the files provided with the mamedev produced MAME binaries. Start
> MAME, choose the option "Plugins" (near the bottom of the screen, above Exit) and
> then turn on whichever LUA plugins you want to use (hiscore support is
> there, along with some others).. no need to patch sources anymore.

So that what the plugin empty box is for. I thought that un-finsh option. lol

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#356173 - 07/03/16 12:08 AM

> Works fine with the files provided with the mamedev produced MAME binaries. Start
> MAME, choose the option "Plugins" (near the bottom of the screen, above Exit) and
> then turn on whichever LUA plugins you want to use (hiscore support is there, along
> with some others).. no need to patch sources anymore.

Oooohhh... I was wondering why that was always blank in the TAB menu.

So accessing the plugins from the built-in frontend, that creates the plugin.ini file, so that I can enable/disable plugins from there.

Still catching up on the new things in MAME...

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

kaptainsteve
Lurker
Reged: 10/02/03
Send PM

Re: Mame Hiscore??? new [Re: Dullaron]
#356181 - 07/03/16 05:17 AM

Thanks.
Figured it out with all your help.

alcoatjez
Drunk
Reged: 09/06/05
Loc: Holland
Send PM

#356250 - 07/06/16 06:18 PM

> > Works fine with the files provided with the mamedev produced MAME binaries. Start
> then turn on whichever LUA plugins you want to use (hiscore support is there, along
> with some others).. no need to patch sources anymore.

Thanks for the information, Tafoid.

Will all games in the highscore.dat work with this plugin? I find it strange that the highscore diff is still updated when it's not needed anymore.

All your beers are belong to me

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Mame Hiscore??? new [Re: alcoatjez]
#356251 - 07/06/16 06:37 PM

> > > Works fine with the files provided with the mamedev produced MAME binaries. Start
> > MAME, choose the option "Plugins" (near the bottom of the screen, above Exit) and
> > then turn on whichever LUA plugins you want to use (hiscore support is there, along
> > with some others).. no need to patch sources anymore.
>
> Thanks for the information, Tafoid.
>
> Will all games in the highscore.dat work with this plugin? I find it strange that the
> highscore diff is still updated when it's not needed anymore.

I think it is updated more for the other features tacked on to the patch which are apparently still important to largely the MAME cabinet users such as 'no nag' (taking out warning messages of games which do not work or work with conditions), border less windows, loss of popup messages which give the illusion for the cabinet gamer that they may not be using an emulator. Such modifications detract from important messages and information that the user should know and largely go against Developer wishes or the ability to determine if bugs are expected or not.

alcoatjez
Drunk
Reged: 09/06/05
Loc: Holland
Send PM

#356252 - 07/06/16 07:37 PM

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation. I will try my luck with the LUA plugin then

All your beers are belong to me

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#356256 - 07/07/16 03:53 AM

Question: Are the plugins supposed to stay active after shutting MAME down & restarting?
Mine is creating the plugins.ini but it doesn't save any changes at closing. Then, even if you edit it, MAME over-writes it the next time you run it. Even if I make it read only MAME ignores it & all plugins start off de-activated anyway.
I imagine it's not supposed to work this way, so what am I doing wrong or is it a temp bug?

Thanks...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: Mame Hiscore??? new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#356258 - 07/07/16 04:19 AM

-

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Mame Hiscore??? new [Re: Robbbert]
#356259 - 07/07/16 06:02 AM

Thanks Robbert. I should have known that...sry for the bother.

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

#356279 - 07/08/16 07:34 AM

There should just be an official cabinet build, so people know what they're getting.

> I think it is updated more for the other features tacked on to the patch which are apparently still important to largely the MAME cabinet users such as 'no nag' (taking out warning messages of games which do not work or work with conditions), border less windows, loss of popup messages which give the illusion for the cabinet gamer that they may not be using an emulator. Such modifications detract from important messages and information that the user should know and largely go against Developer wishes or the ability to determine if bugs are expected or not.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 184 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2585