View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Prescient: as in PSYCHIC
#354532 - 05/21/16 09:42 PM

Contact with my FWB is sporadic, and usually not weekly. As the name suggests, almost invariably she contacts me to get some. The other night on my way out to a massage, I had this niggling feeling she was going to contact me while I was out. I usually leave my phone at home on errands like this, and so I did this time. You might say that either way, I would've been contacted by her...but you know that story about 'waiting for something to happen, and it doesn't'....

Sure enough she called. Alas, when I got home and found out, she was settled and all. It was my birthday, even; I haven't volunteered when my birthday is, but she's asked. Apparently she didn't remember; I didn't tell her, either.

ZOINKS!!!

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Prescient: as in PSYCHIC new [Re: Traso]
#354539 - 05/21/16 11:14 PM

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

#354549 - 05/22/16 03:51 AM

it's simply bewildering watching a grown man desperately try to convince others that he is psychic.

i learned everything i know from KC

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: Prescient: as in PSYCHIC new [Re: jopezu]
#354553 - 05/22/16 08:45 AM

> it's simply bewildering watching a grown man desperately try to convince others that
> he is psychic.

No kidding...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias#Biased_memory

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Prescient: as in PSYCHIC new [Re: jopezu]
#354558 - 05/22/16 11:19 AM

> it's simply bewildering watching a grown man desperately try to convince others that
> he is psychic.

There's a scientific hypothesis that people having a "deja vu" experience are instead having an episode where the brain attempts and fails to access a memory. (Or something like that I forget).

Therefore people who think they are psychic could just be people experiencing this constantly with badly malfunctioning brains.

Honestly this wouldn't surprise me.

- Stiletto

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Prescient: as in PSYCHIC new [Re: Stiletto]
#354564 - 05/22/16 06:54 PM

> There's a scientific hypothesis that people having a "deja vu" experience are instead having an episode where the brain attempts and fails to access a memory. (Or something like that I forget).

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

PSYCHIC? More like _____. ("Prescientate" the blank) [nt] new [Re: Traso]
#354569 - 05/23/16 08:15 AM

m i rite? *gestures a high 5*

LEVEL-4

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Sssss, noooo. It's orient. new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#354590 - 05/24/16 12:05 AM

One orients. I oriented. Jeeez....

But you're so cute, I have only mirth in the above.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Prescient: as in PSYCHIC new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#354591 - 05/24/16 12:07 AM

You know, at some point after posting, I had this image of someone Curly-like, slapping themself in fuming consternation. You see. I am psychic.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

I am not a man. new [Re: GatKong]
#354592 - 05/24/16 12:14 AM

That headfuck and all is yours to carry - unless you decide you don't want to - and I encourage you not to want to....

In other words, jopey, GROWN-UPS SUCK.

Adult is a different thing. Scifi and Fantasy are not adult. So that means you're......

Convince? You have to remember that you believe. I do not. All things empirical are only [degrees of] likely. I have extended this to all things internal. Science, yo.

PS: nothing about me being a cultural heathen?! I guess there was just too much information there to parse.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Back on this..... new [Re: Traso]
#354941 - 05/29/16 09:00 PM Attachment: qbert.jpg 417 KB (0 downloads)

Editing again for continuity: the short of it is last weekend I spent several minutes figuring out which shirt I wanted to wear to dinner that evening - CLASSIC GAMEROOM (which I hadn't worn), or my Q-bert shirt. I had a feeling the latter would garner female attention, as has been the case, and it did. She and I talked about games and stuff, I asked her if she wanted to do such things together, she said maybe/possibly, and as my party was leaving, she came up and confirmed with me I was interested, I said yes, and she gave me her number.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

And....Another One Bites the Dust! new [Re: Traso]
#355319 - 06/04/16 11:40 PM Attachment: regard and resolve.mp3 1318 KB (8 downloads)

Got to talk with her on the phone and stuff. VERY intelligent, educated, thoughtful, street smart, and quite fit (she does acrobatics). But mortal. It feels so clean to move away from that. (Some countrepoint to this was my FWB coming over yesterday and being, if not the most present she's been with me, in the top three. RIGHTEOUS.)

Ya all are here to work and suffer. I'm not.

regard and resolve

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

yeh, you're immortal bro... new [Re: Traso]
#355320 - 06/05/16 01:34 AM

you don't suffer. your fwb is righteous. gotcha. gold points on adult friend finder not even needed. got it.

anything else?

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: yeh, you're immortal bro... new [Re: jopezu]
#355353 - 06/05/16 08:53 PM

> you don't suffer. your fwb is righteous. gotcha. gold points on adult friend finder
> not even needed. got it.
>
> anything else?

You're changing the meanings of things, like a female does.

I'm not here to suffer; I do suffer when I do things I'm not supposed to do. The experience with my FWB was righteous. The gold points were not needed because I wouldn't be there to use them.

At least in spirit, I am immortal. I've had immortality seriously in mind since I was thirteen. In my twenties and thirties, I had deep thought explorations (I prefer to say exploration, because the 50s mad scientist meme has caused people to think of experiment as maniacal, and at the least academic, clinical) into living into deep time. And I've never needed, nor wanted, to do things the hard way to make myself feel good or valued. Lastly, love-making is the most powerful incantation toward immortality - of which I've had some inkling since at least....eight or nine.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#355354 - 06/05/16 09:48 PM

> Contact with my FWB....

You say "my"... So this is your ONLY "fwb"? Because if you said "Contact with one of my FWB...." would fit the perception most of us have of you. "A horndog that gets around, Henn hehn henn!"

I'm thinking that you have something deeper on a spiritual level. I know the idea of "FWB" is casual sex (which makes about as much sense as luke-warm ice cubes -IMO), and you don't have to commit to someone or worry about being faithful. None of the "baggage" that comes with a "relationship".

Since you're an adult this probably doesn't apply to you. But I've heard of younger people, at least, that get into FWB, then get jealous when the person they're having "casual sex" with doesn't get with them any more, or they're with someone else and they can't help but to feel jealous. Then they get depressed and suicidal. This is (another) reason why I find the idea of "FWB" moral repulsive -personally.

A parallel that comes to my mind is this example. Seems like it was something I watched on YouTube. An MS-13 gang member shoots or stabs a guy they think is snitching on 'em, then proceeds to cut his head off with a pocket knife. A girl that's with them is freaking out, and the guy is like "What's the big deal? It's just like cutting the head off a chicken." And that'd be an example of casual murder.

So yeah. I hold doing the deed on that high of a sacred level. Just so you get where I'm coming from here.

My point? Since you've been with this person on such an intimate level, that's why there's this so-called "coincidence". You're in it like quicksand, probably over your head and you don't even know it.

But, I could be wrong.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Prescient: as in PSYCHIC new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#355357 - 06/06/16 12:41 AM

These are interesting thoughts. There's a simplicity about this, though: I've always loved sharing. I've had, and relished, the opportunity to share. I orchestrated an orgy with my girlfriend when I was 21. Even then, before going to college and all, I spoke of it as a 'congregation of sensuality'. I have video of another instance about ten years later, that case being with my SO and my buddy. Things like THE ILLUMINATUS, and THE HARRAD EXPERIMENT, THE GODMAKERS (Don Pendelton, 1971) I immediately identified with.

I would dearly love it if the world were biolgically safe. Then people would have the opportunity to work out this jealousy thing.

Now, I've typically in life had one, monogamous partner. (The number is above 50. Lots of short ones, a few long-ish ones. The above-mentioned and implied instances number a few.) And a single partner I'm in love with is enough for me. I'm not in love with my FWB because she hasn't revealed enough of her personality to me; then who knows whether I'd dig her enough to fall in love. (But also, as I've mentioned, I'm an every day cuddle and make love kind of person. I don't want to live with anyone, but I'd like to see them every/almost every day.) From what she's told me about herself, I think I would've been hot and bothered for her in her teens and twenties. Then she got gacked, and while she gave up the drugs and alcohol, she got a bit reserved. Somewhat matching her developing condition.

Perhaps a couple decades ago, she came out with this thing called Love Love, which is loving without being in love. While there's a sensual element (she's long been involved with groups of (mostly homosexual) females; as well as a regional sensuality group - though none of either sex in any circumstance has in any way penetrated her), it's mostly a social paradigm. To be intimate without having to identify or 'belong'. So she's pretty capable.

I inherently can make love without being in love. I lived it from childhood. No wonder I conceived it in my mid-20s as the basis of Funxionality: infinitely emotionally open and autonomous. Specifically to here: to be able to make love with another without having to know them.

This state of operation is the greatest challenge for a human, perhaps for a feeling entity. It is natural to me. Pragmatically speaking, it's the most sensible thing to embody.

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

Re: yeh, you're immortal bro... new [Re: Traso]
#355373 - 06/06/16 05:28 PM

> You're changing the meanings of things, like a female does.

first, congrats on constantly being sexist. now then... have you ever re-read anything you've written here and tried to interpret it as a normal human being? it's literally gobs of incoherent, narrative-less shit that could mean anything and often ends with a non-sequitur shift into your sex "philosophy". if you don't want people making assumptions, start communicating a little more clearly.

xoxo

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: yeh, you're immortal bro... new [Re: jopezu]
#355473 - 06/08/16 10:10 PM

> first, congrats on constantly being sexist. now then... have you ever re-read anything you've written here and tried to interpret it as a normal human being? it's literally gobs of incoherent, narrative-less shit that could mean anything and often ends with a non-sequitur shift into your sex "philosophy". if you don't want people making assumptions, start communicating a little more clearly.

> xoxo

Awhh, some hugs and kisses! Squish

I re-read most of my posts. I enjoy them. There are people who find my ideas and all revolutionary, though they admit they aren't up to embodying them.

Humans tend to change meanings according to their preferences and inclinations. Females do it more. I have the experience - and most of you guys with your wives and girlfriends do, too, just aren't willing to admit it in this circumstance.

Second: we've been over this. Those inclined to new things will comprehend new things. Or another way: how free-thinking do you wish to be?

((That last I've been thinking about the past few days, wondering where a place would open up for it. Probably merely a following of extemporaneous thought.))

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 448 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3099