MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

slit
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/17/16
Send PM

[SOLVED] Help finding a jet top-down vertical shooter (1990 or so)
#354351 - 05/17/16 04:38 PM

Hi all,
I'm trying to find an arcade vertical shoot 'em up which I've played between 1989-1991 or so after school (yeah I'm that old) at the nearest pub. Regular cabinet.

It was desert-themed (at least the first stage, second one was in the sky with clouds and all if my memory doesn't fail me) and the futuristic jet you manoeuvred had different kinds of weaponry with one in particular like a laser shooting arc? blue bows or sth.

Please note: I've spent the whole morning looking at http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/genre-scrolling-shoot-em-up/offset,525/so,1d/ 5 pages up, 5 down with no luck whatsoever. I've even looked out turbographx16 shmups in that list to no avail

Thanks in advance!

Edited by slit (05/18/16 02:22 AM)

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Help finding a jet top-down vertical shooter (1990 or so) new [Re: slit]
#354352 - 05/17/16 04:40 PM

> It was desert-themed (at least the first stage, second one was in the sky with clouds
> and all if my memory doesn't fail me) and the futuristic jet you manoeuvred had
> different kinds of weaponry with one in particular like a laser shooting arc? blue
> bows or sth.

Most of that sounds like Raiden or Raiden II, especially the bendy-toothpaste-arc laser. I don't know that I'd call the first stage desert-themed, although later stages are in the clouds.

slit
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Help finding a jet top-down vertical shooter (1990 or so) new [Re: R. Belmont]
#354355 - 05/17/16 04:47 PM

Thanks for your reply!

No Raiden, I know them well

It looked more or less like this: http://www.mobygames.com/game/last-day_ but the aesthetics were more grittier, with a duller palette of colours and the jet design was more slick.

slit
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Help finding a jet top-down vertical shooter (1990 or so) new [Re: slit]
#354359 - 05/17/16 05:55 PM

Turns out it was Sky Soldiers!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 336 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2089