MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

It's not tragic, you have Merlin's Magic!
#354270 - 05/15/16 05:21 PM Attachment: santaCame.jpg 81 KB (1 downloads)

Santa came late to Gat's house, but here he is!

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Santa's not the only one who came. new [Re: GatKong]
#354271 - 05/15/16 05:25 PM Attachment: gatToo.jpg 48 KB (0 downloads)

Gat did too, when he saw what Santa brought.

So glad I found that video on youtube showing how to unpack this... I would never have known you can cut around the bottom and lift the box off on my own.

I was SOOOooo nervous before this thing arrived. Once you sign for it, it's yours, even if it's just a jigsaw puzzle of broken glass. Thankfully, it arrived unscathed.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

"They've taken our shrubberies!" new [Re: GatKong]
#354272 - 05/15/16 05:34 PM Attachment: madness.jpg 87 KB (0 downloads)

Most fantastic addition to the game room. Fun as hell, even first time out of the gate. On the very first ball we destroyed the castle! My fun-scale research paid off. This is probably the funnest pinball I have ever played (admitting I've not played many of the other top list games like Addam's Family, so I may not know what I'm missing).

The back-glass is not illuminated in this pic because, when I first set it up, it didn't work. After the family got over the initial wow-factor, I finally had some time alone with the machine to trouble shoot, and got the back glass working. The connector must have come loose in shipping.

I was more than nervous setting this thing up. I was so worried I'd pull the wrong thing, and break something, but in the end, it is up, it is running, and it is pristine! This counts as my birthday, Christmas, and Kwanzaa presents for this entire year all wrapped up into one thing. Yeah, put a bow on that. I forgot the bow.

edit to add: did you know Tina Fey did the female voice-over work on this game before she was fay-mouse.

Also, for any who care, I made only one menu adjust to the defaults so far: I enabled "Bonus Ball", which replaces free credit whenever a free credit would normally be awarded. Since it's in free-play, who cares about free credits. Now you earn a free ball. I'm reading the manual very thoroughly to see what other changes I may make to the defaults. I would liek to wipe the default high scores, but I don't think I can. Kind of irritating that the Grand Champion and etc are not house players. I don't know those default people. I'd rather keep track of my own players.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Edited by Gatinho (05/15/16 05:54 PM)

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Congrats! new [Re: GatKong]
#354276 - 05/15/16 08:58 PM

> Most fantastic addition to the game room. Fun as hell, even first time out of the
> gate. On the very first ball we destroyed the castle! My fun-scale research paid off.
> This is probably the funnest pinball I have ever played (admitting I've not played
> many of the other top list games like Addam's Family, so I may not know what I'm
> missing).
>
> The back-glass is not illuminated in this pic because, when I first set it up, it
> didn't work. After the family got over the initial wow-factor, I finally had some
> time alone with the machine to trouble shoot, and got the back glass working. The
> connector must have come loose in shipping.
>
> I was more than nervous setting this thing up. I was so worried I'd pull the wrong
> thing, and break something, but in the end, it is up, it is running, and it is
> pristine! This counts as my birthday, Christmas, and Kwanzaa presents for this entire
> year all wrapped up into one thing. Yeah, put a bow on that. I forgot the bow.
>
> edit to add: did you know Tina Fey did the female voice-over work on this game before
> she was fay-mouse.
>
> Also, for any who care, I made only one menu adjust to the defaults so far: I enabled
> "Bonus Ball", which replaces free credit whenever a free credit would normally be
> awarded. Since it's in free-play, who cares about free credits. Now you earn a free
> ball. I'm reading the manual very thoroughly to see what other changes I may make to
> the defaults. I would liek to wipe the default high scores, but I don't think I can.
> Kind of irritating that the Grand Champion and etc are not house players. I don't
> know those default people. I'd rather keep track of my own players.

Awesome pick up, G! A very merry Kwanzaa indeed. Might even be some Festivus in there too. When I saw the delivery photo I was surprised to see that you had splurged so hardcore on the pin, but well done. It's a great game.

If the user high scores are saved to NVRAM, you'll be rid of the factory defaults soon enough

Grats again!

Edited by jeremymtc (05/15/16 09:08 PM)

cyberdman
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/04/06
Send PM

Re: "They've taken our shrubberies!" new [Re: GatKong]
#354291 - 05/16/16 01:00 PM

Congrats and what a treat. I love that pin.

cyberdman

Dullaron
Mitchell or Dunard Garaus
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Nice. new [Re: GatKong]
#354294 - 05/16/16 03:34 PM

I wish I got a real pinball table. I just have those fake ones on my iPad. Pinball Arcade.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Yeah, grooovey new [Re: GatKong]
#354326 - 05/17/16 12:43 AM

Bonus ball is a good idea - although I don't use free play on any games. No worry of burn-in with a pin, but still, I kind of like coining up, even if it's with a button, and then the 'SNOCK SNOCK' of the kicker when credits are awarded.

Where did you get it, and how much?

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 108 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1729