MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

ZXTheHedgehog
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/20/13
Send PM

Wrong Resolution in Ichidant-R
#354029 - 05/09/16 03:36 AM

MAME has an incorrect 256x224 resolution for this game instead of the correct 320x224.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Wrong Resolution in Ichidant-R new [Re: ZXTheHedgehog]
#354047 - 05/09/16 12:09 PM

> MAME has an incorrect 256x224 resolution for this game instead of the correct
> 320x224.

That's the resolution that the system starts up in. It then changes the resolution to 320x224 after it starts, which you'd know if you'd have done even the most cursory investigation into this "issue" by going into the "Machine Information" tab while the game was running, rather than running over to MAMEWorld to register and breathlessly report your "bug" in the hopes that MAME devs would praise your superior bug-reporting ability and that women would flock around like geese.

Ziggy100
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/14/08
Send PM

Re: Wrong Resolution in Ichidant-R new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#354050 - 05/09/16 12:42 PM

Quote:

> That's the resolution that the system starts up in. It then changes the resolution to
> 320x224 after it starts, which you'd know if you'd have done even the most cursory
> investigation into this "issue" by going into the "Machine Information" tab while the
> game was running, rather than running over to MAMEWorld to register and breathlessly
> report your "bug" in the hopes that MAME devs would praise your superior
> bug-reporting ability and that women would flock around like geese.

Thought you'd quit, and given the usual condescending, trash talk reply, what a shame you can't stick to your word.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

Re: Wrong Resolution in Ichidant-R new [Re: Ziggy100]
#354051 - 05/09/16 01:00 PM

> Thought you'd quit, and given the usual condescending, trash talk reply, what a shame
> you can't stick to your word.

Oh, ouch! I'm cut by your rapier-like wit! I was wondering when you'd show up to champion the cause of stupid people everywhere. Congratulations on managing to go another day without somehow eating rat poison or suffocating yourself while putting on your clothes.

ZXTheHedgehog
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/20/13
Send PM

#354054 - 05/09/16 01:59 PM

1. Perhaps I did not make myself clear. I'm using MAME 64-bit version .173 on a Windows 7 x64 client. Using a custom resolution tool, I have MAME switch the resolution to that of the current game by setting switchres =1 in the ini (as one would). When I load up Puzzle and Action: Ichidant-R (World) [ichir.zip], and it switches to the wrong resolution. Having to manually switch to this resolution (which, I should mention, is nigh impossible in .173) is what I would consider a bug, since none of the game itself plays at that resolution. If it's a driver related issue, I can understand. But this has worked with every other game I've thrown at it.

2. If you are going to needlessly rant because you consider me to be a "idiot" and have a vendetta against something or someone on this forum, fine. But if it isn't a bug, tell me and give me a solution, don't just say "it isn't that way" and just walk off. It shows absolutely nothing in the way of an answer.

Jason
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: PA
Send PM

#354056 - 05/09/16 02:42 PM

Hey ZX, don't sweat this sort of thing. This is a typical condescending reply from this guy. If you're going to stick around, you need to grow thick skin and just learn to accept these type of replies from him. That doesn't make it right but apparently he's better than everyone else out here and that's just the way it is.

Ziggy100
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/14/08
Send PM

#354063 - 05/09/16 05:02 PM

Quote:

>
> Oh, ouch! I'm cut by your rapier-like wit! I was wondering when you'd show up to
> champion the cause of stupid people everywhere. Congratulations on managing to go
> another day without somehow eating rat poison or suffocating yourself while putting
> on your clothes.

You're trying way too hard at this insult business, relax, take a deep breath and hold it...until you turn blue.

If at that point you realise you need to take a breath,fine. If not, well, the world will be a better place.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Wrong Resolution in Ichidant-R new [Re: Ziggy100]
#354069 - 05/09/16 07:07 PM

> You're trying way too hard at this insult business, relax, take a deep breath and
> hold it...until you turn blue.
>
> If at that point you realise you need to take a breath,fine. If not, well, the world
> will be a better place.

You're doing the exact same and contributing absolutely nothing to this thread.

Please stop.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#354070 - 05/09/16 07:37 PM

> MAME has an incorrect 256x224 resolution for this game instead of the correct
> 320x224.

The reported resolution at startup is not necessarily the final resolution; Megadrive hardware games (including this one) can and do switch modes during runtime.

If you believe that is not happening, then we cannot psychically debug your configuration; you'll need to list the MAME version, operating system version, and the relevant bits of your .ini file (especially your -video and -(no)window and -resolution settings). Plus a more concrete description of what is or isn't happening that you believe to be wrong.

-R. "Good Cop" B.

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Reged: 03/14/15
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: Wrong Resolution in Ichidant-R new [Re: B2K24]
#354072 - 05/09/16 08:31 PM

> > You're trying way too hard at this insult business, relax, take a deep breath and
> > hold it...until you turn blue.
> >
> > If at that point you realise you need to take a breath,fine. If not, well, the
> world
> > will be a better place.
>
> You're doing the exact same and contributing absolutely nothing to this thread.
>
> Please stop.

And you're doing your usual ass-kissing. What else is new?

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

Re: Wrong Resolution in Ichidant-R new [Re: Vaughan]
#354074 - 05/09/16 09:16 PM

> > > You're trying way too hard at this insult business, relax, take a deep breath and
> > > hold it...until you turn blue.
> > >
> > > If at that point you realise you need to take a breath,fine. If not, well, the
> > world
> > > will be a better place.
> >
> > You're doing the exact same and contributing absolutely nothing to this thread.
> >
> > Please stop.
>
> And you're doing your usual ass-kissing. What else is new?

Kind of hurts to realize you guys are just as big jackasses as you accuse me of being, huh?

anikom15
Instigator/Local CRT Guru
Reged: 04/11/16
Send PM

#354076 - 05/09/16 10:23 PM

FWIW, you should've given this information in the first place.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Wrong Resolution in Ichidant-R new [Re: Vaughan]
#354078 - 05/09/16 11:15 PM

> And you're doing your usual ass-kissing. What else is new?

Hey Vaughan, I've got a Bezel for you ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Reged: 03/14/15
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: Wrong Resolution in Ichidant-R new [Re: B2K24]
#354114 - 05/10/16 06:29 PM

I like it.

Calamity
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/30/11
Send PM

#354165 - 05/11/16 07:33 PM

@ZXTheHedgehog

For games that switch resolutions, like many Sega ones, notice that in most cases the vertical resolution doesn't change, so a good approach is to use an integer multiple of both horizontal resolutions in use, e.g. for 256x and 320x, create 1280x224 with your custom resolution tool, then run MAME like this:

mame tantr -switchres -r 1280x224 -noues

Here -noues (-nounevenstrech) makes MAME use integer scaling, which will seamlessly scale the picture with the proper factors.

Another method is to use "super" resolutions. You simply define a superwide resolution with the proper height, like 2560x224, then run MAME like this:

mame tantr -switchres -r 2560x224 -uesx

The difference here is that you use -uesx (-unevenstretchx), which applies fractional scaling on the horizontal axis, and integer on the vertical. Because the resolution is so wide, all horizontal resolutions will stretch nicely without visible artifacts, while not messing your scanlines.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 281 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2404