View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

PokeMAME
Gotta catch 'em all!
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: San Antonio, TX
Send PM

Mirco Games Inc. schematics?
#353047 - 04/16/16 08:56 AM Attachment: s-l1600.jpg 466 KB (0 downloads)

I got 4 of these Challenge (Pong clone) boards on eBay but I can't find any schematics.

All of the socketed TTL chips are missing!?!?!?!

There's this page with company history: http://allincolorforaquarter.blogspot.de/2014/11/company-profile-mirco-games.html

And the listing on KLOV but the manual doesn't have schematics or parts list: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7304

Anyone else have any info?

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Crazy Otto
Code Monkey
Reged: 04/11/12
Send PM

Re: Mirco Games Inc. schematics? new [Re: PokeMAME]
#353062 - 04/16/16 06:45 PM

I'm sorry I sold my cab a long time ago. I do have a board, but looks like it's missing the same stuff yours is.

I did a board repair once on one the score wasn't incrementing. IIRC, I was able to figure out what the chips were doing by looking at a pong schematic. You could probably figure it out by seeing what chips they connect to.

Dave

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#353075 - 04/16/16 09:17 PM

>I got 4 of these Challenge (Pong clone) boards on eBay but I can't find any schematics.
>All of the socketed TTL chips are missing!?!?!?! Anyone else have any info?

I only have the Challenge manual myself. The logic schematics are printed separately and unfortunately the manual itself provides info of setting up the cab. I'll need to check manual again if it provided anything of use such as pinout info. Other than that, the needed thing is the schematics. I believe Mirco printed their schematics in smaller size (maybe letter or legal size) instead of large foldout blue print schematics that one sees with the 1970s era Midway schematics.

PokeMAME
Gotta catch 'em all!
Send PM

Re: Mirco Games Inc. schematics? new [Re: Crazy Otto]
#353115 - 04/17/16 09:00 PM

> I'm sorry I sold my cab a long time ago. I do have a board, but looks like it's
> missing the same stuff yours is.

Yeah, the one thing I was thinking was that maybe these sockets were empty since new because the dust layer looks just a thick on the sockets as elsewhere. I was going to trace which was the video connection, hook it up to 5V and see what happens. It just seems odd that someone would pull all the chips from all four boards!?!?!?!

>
> I did a board repair once on one the score wasn't incrementing. IIRC, I was able to
> figure out what the chips were doing by looking at a pong schematic. You could
> probably figure it out by seeing what chips they connect to.

I started to punch all the chip numbers into a spreadsheet for comparison and then I'll start comparing to the Pong schematics.

>
> Dave

PokeMAME
Gotta catch 'em all!
Send PM

Re: Mirco Games Inc. schematics? new [Re: gregf]
#353116 - 04/17/16 09:01 PM

> I only have the Challenge manual myself. The logic schematics are printed separately
> and unfortunately the manual itself provides info of setting up the cab. I'll need to
> check manual again if it provided anything of use such as pinout info. Other than
> that, the needed thing is the schematics. I believe Mirco printed their schematics in
> smaller size (maybe letter or legal size) instead of large foldout blue print
> schematics that one sees with the 1970s era Midway schematics.

Whatever you can find, even if it is only the pinouts of the board, would be a help.

Crazy Otto
Code Monkey
Reged: 04/11/12
Send PM

#353128 - 04/18/16 01:32 AM

Yeah, it's weird. Mine has more socketed chips than that, but those are the only ones that were empty. My guess is maybe they are ram chips or something similar that was common across other games that went bad a lot.

Kaizen
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/16/18
Send PM

Re: Mirco Games Inc. schematics? new [Re: Crazy Otto]
#379003 - 10/16/18 04:12 PM Attachment: xph5hnc.jpg 1725 KB (0 downloads)

The sockets with missing chips never had chips in them and should be empty, they are for connecting a Kurtz Kascch tester.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 86 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3045