View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Reged: 10/01/03
Send PM

weird problem auditing roms
#352741 - 04/09/16 05:57 AM

Ok I'm using a fresh build of the official mame 172 source and clrmamepro.

I did the first audit and was missing a couple files so later I downloaded them. Did another audit and it refused to fix a couple of them so I went to the Rom folder and clicked on those files and it reported them as bad zip files so I deleted them, another audit run and it replaced those I had deleted.

So all fine right? No, it listed about another 20 as bad, again they showed up as bad zip files, I deleted them and installed new files, another audit and again another 20 or 25 listed as bad. Again I check them manually and Windows lists them as bad zip files.

Now the info, the roms range from ones I just downloaded for the last update to some that are a year old. I run split sets. It is the official stock build of mame 172 but arcade flag only. Win 7.

I have never had this problem before. I run the mame folders on an external hard drive. I have run the hard drive diagnostics tools on both my internal and the external drives and they both pass. Checked for disk errors, defragmented the drives, did read/write tests and again all came back good.

So anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate any thoughts. I'm getting scared of trying to audit again as each time I get another 20 to 25 different Roms listed as bad. Up to around 80 to 100 different replaced roms.

Only here to annoy...

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: weird problem auditing roms new [Re: Renegade]
#352773 - 04/09/16 09:06 PM

try to disable virusscanners or other things which might interfear with file access (e.g. running torrents). it would be interesting to see more details (like the archive files, the error messages etc)...and I guess a better place would be the cmpro forum.
if it's an external hd you might want to try a different pc if possible to see if that changes anything

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Reged: 10/01/03
Send PM

Re: weird problem auditing roms new [Re: Roman]
#353129 - 04/18/16 02:18 AM

I guess my hard drive is on its way out. I put a copy of my Roms folder onto my computer c: drive and updated the bad Rom files re·audited the Roms and it came back clean, twice. Did the same thing on my external drive that I keep all my files on and audited it and came up with more bad Rom files. Replaced those and audited again and again new bad Roms popped up. So it seems like it's time for a new drive....

Only here to annoy...

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: weird problem auditing roms new [Re: Renegade]
#353131 - 04/18/16 04:12 AM

-

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: weird problem auditing roms new [Re: Robbbert]
#353134 - 04/18/16 07:02 AM

Just my 2 cents....A long time ago an user reported issues like "I need several rebuilder runs to work on one network folder...each run only picks up some files and the next run finds another one". After fiddling around he found out that (it was some Samba configuration by the way) his network drivers were bad and up2date ones fixed the problem.
I could imagine similar for usb drivers or bad usb cables.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 497 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1875