View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

BlackGuyRX
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/24/16
Send PM

Mame HLSL @ 1080p help (updated)
#352537 - 04/05/16 05:21 PM

I've made a fresh folder for MameUI64 and I want to open the main .ini file and mess about with HLSL and the integer scaling options, but I can't find the file anywhere. Is it supposed to automatically generate when I start MAME for the first time? What am I doing wrong?

Update- I've figured out how to make the ini appear after watching a YT video, but now I'm faced with another issue-

I'm trying to figure out how to make sure everything scales properly, both scanlines and the game screen itself. I'm playing a CPS1 1 game and the top & bottom parts of the screen are cropped out slightly and the scanlines are horribly uneven.

Edited by BlackGuyRX (04/06/16 04:25 PM)

Jezze
Reged: 03/14/05
Send PM

Re: Mame HLSL @ 1080p help (updated) new [Re: BlackGuyRX]
#352588 - 04/06/16 05:45 PM

Can you post a screenshot and show us your HLSL settings, please?

BlackGuyRX
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/24/16
Send PM

Re: Mame HLSL @ 1080p help (updated) new [Re: Jezze]
#352592 - 04/06/16 06:24 PM

I also tried to adjust my settings according to this video-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ERMO4I55I

Edited by BlackGuyRX (04/06/16 06:26 PM)

Jezze
Reged: 03/14/05
Send PM

Re: Mame HLSL @ 1080p help (updated) new [Re: BlackGuyRX]
#352595 - 04/06/16 07:22 PM

Some time ago I described why it is not possible to have perfect even scanlines with a full-screen scaled image unless the vertical screen resolution is an exact multiple of the vertical native resolution of the game.

You can activate hlsl_oversampling to get a better interpolation between scanlines, but they will be still what you call "uneven".

If you want absolutely even scanlines, set the the unevenstretch option to 0 or run MAME with the command line option -nounevenstretch.

But I still don't see that the screen is cropped. The screen actually can be cropped if you already set the unevenstretch option to 0. The current MAME version can over-scan the image if the (auto) integer scaled image is slightly larger than the screen. You can prevent this by setting the integer scale factors intscalex/y manually.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Mame HLSL @ 1080p help (updated) new [Re: Jezze]
#352627 - 04/07/16 06:06 AM

> Some time ago I described why it is not possible to have perfect even scanlines with a full-screen scaled image unless the vertical screen resolution is an exact multiple of the vertical native resolution of the game.

Anyone who understands resolution and video display knows this, though.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 420 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2114