MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: Game Tree
#352134 - 03/30/16 02:40 AM Attachment: gametree.jpg 1556 KB (0 downloads)

Andrew Welburn dumped a discrete TTL game 'Game Tree' by PSE (1978), an exceptionally rare game.

Other recent bits: gamerfan got us a rom board of Dynamite Baseball to try and figure out the weird rom situation. Kevin Eshbach dumped an alt Toki. farzeno dumped Wave Runner GP (Rev A) set that uses a flash pcb and protection chip. system11 redumped Volfied (TourVision).

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: DU: Game Tree new [Re: Smitdogg]
#352139 - 03/30/16 04:07 AM

> Andrew Welburn dumped a discrete TTL game 'Game Tree' by PSE (1978), an exceptionally
> rare game.
>
> Other recent bits: gamerfan got us a rom board of Dynamite Baseball to try and figure
> out the weird rom situation. Kevin Eshbach dumped an alt Toki. farzeno dumped Wave
> Runner GP (Rev A) set that uses a flash pcb and protection chip. system11 redumped
> Volfied (TourVision).

and with Dynamite Baseball it turns out the roms weren't bad, just being incorrectly loaded, here are some shots from a custom compile of ElSemi's Model 2 emulator I did.

The board will likely confirm that the IC positions we're using on the ROM names are wrong however, hence the confusion.

Edited by Haze (03/30/16 04:09 AM)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: DU: Game Tree new [Re: Haze]
#352140 - 03/30/16 04:14 AM

You're the man, Haze.

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

#352143 - 03/30/16 04:28 AM

Quote:

Andrew Welburn dumped a discrete TTL game 'Game Tree' by PSE (1978), an exceptionally rare game.

I hope Andy will hook it up to a monitor so we could see what the game looks like.

I love when I beat Gregf to this kinda stuff

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#352147 - 03/30/16 06:11 AM

>Andrew Welburn dumped a discrete TTL game 'Game Tree' by PSE (1978), an exceptionally rare game.

And good to see Stiletto has Game Tree rom set now offcially documented in the pse.cpp file. That leaves Maneater to be added and hopefully a pcb of the elusive Knights in Armor can be found and dumped.

Thanks Stiletto for updating/correcting Steeplechase romset.

-
Andrew Welburn dumped the correct bugle sound chip for Steeplechase. The one previously thought to be the bugle chip is a second graphic chip.
-

Edited by gregf (03/30/16 03:09 PM)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: DU: Game Tree new [Re: Antny]
#352149 - 03/30/16 06:17 AM

>I hope Andy will hook it up to a monitor so we could see what the game looks like.

I don't remember if the auction had a main pcb that the multiple Game Tree pcbs connect to. I hope it was complete since it will not be possible to run Game Tree for displaying a video output example.

>I love when I beat Gregf to this kinda stuff

You lucked out this time. ;-)

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

Re: DU: Game Tree new [Re: gregf]
#352173 - 03/30/16 07:15 PM

> > Andrew Welburn dumped a discrete TTL game 'Game Tree' by PSE (1978), an
> exceptionally rare game.
>
> And good to see Stiletto has Game Tree rom set now offcially documented in the
> pse.cpp file. That leaves Maneater to be added and hopefully a pcb of the elusive
> Knights in Armor can be found and dumped.

Don't forget to include Bazooka in this list.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: DU: Game Tree new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#352176 - 03/30/16 07:40 PM

> > > Andrew Welburn dumped a discrete TTL game 'Game Tree' by PSE (1978), an
> > exceptionally rare game.
> >
> > And good to see Stiletto has Game Tree rom set now offcially documented in the
> > pse.cpp file. That leaves Maneater to be added and hopefully a pcb of the elusive
> > Knights in Armor can be found and dumped.
>
> Don't forget to include Bazooka in this list.

Hm? Bazooka is dumped. The "Taito do Brasil" dump is still missing two dumped ROMS, but PSE Bazooka is dumped. So no they don't need to be in gregf's list here in this post.

Unless you mean "not emulated" in which case, yeah, they are not.

- Stiletto

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: DU: Game Tree new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#352267 - 03/31/16 10:26 PM

>>And good to see Stiletto has Game Tree rom set now offcially documented in the
>>pse.cpp file. That leaves Maneater to be added and hopefully a pcb of the elusive
>>Knights in Armor can be found and dumped.

>Don't forget to include Bazooka in this list.

Like Stiletto mentions, I just meant what else is left that is not yet dumped/ officially documented in MAME source. Maneater (not yet documented nor dumped) and same thing with Taito's Cross Fire [Taito's clone of Bazooka]. Knights in Armor is documented as comments, but no pcb has been found yet.

As for missing or bad roms/proms, I believe Desert Patrol can eventually be updated later, but I am not sure about Taito's [Brazil] version of Bazooka.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 624 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3401