MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork X: Other Artwork Projects
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1 | 2 | >>

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Reged: 03/14/15
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: 3 New Bezels: Splat, Pooyan (Redux), Gee Bee (Redux) new [Re: Jason]
#355381 - 06/06/16 09:16 PM

Thanks, Jason. Much appreciated.

I'll revisit some other bezels soon. (I Hope).

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

Re: 3 New Bezels: Splat, Pooyan (Redux), Gee Bee (Redux) new [Re: Jason]
#355384 - 06/06/16 10:21 PM

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Send PM

Re: 7 New Bezels: Punisher (Redux x 2), Red Clash, Galaxia (x 2) and More! new [Re: Big Karnak]
#355653 - 06/13/16 11:51 PM

Evening all.

A handful of new bezels tonight.

I recently posted a Punisher bezel which was okay, but of course I missed out of making the most obvious bezel design. That's now fixed.

Galaxia is..... well, it's like playing a broken Galaxian machine.... but here's a bezel anyway. Not shown - but included - is the authentic Upright bezel. This is the work of others more talented than I.

Red Clash has all the makings of a good little shot-em-up. But then they go and forget to make your shots visible on screen (well, they're there, but pathetically small) rendering it.... less than great.

Jack Rabbit is a favorite of mine, and I was glad to stumble upon some usable artwork for it. The flyers for the game are terrible......

And then there's a simple pool game.

ps: I've not been able to test my edits to the thread because my connection tonight reminds me of the days of 28kb modems...... ah, those were the days......

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Send PM

3 New Bezels: Atari Soccer, Road Wars, Ameri-Darts, and No More! new [Re: Vaughan]
#355681 - 06/14/16 11:21 PM

Let's face it, Atari Soccer benefits from beautifying, so here it is.

Ameri-Darts is annoying, I still can't figure out how to throw a dart.

And Road Wars - which strikes me as something I've done before, but it seems not.

Note to BK: The gameplay size for Road Wars is the best I can do, that one is VERY odd.......

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

Re: 3 New Bezels: Atari Soccer, Road Wars, Ameri-Darts, and No More! new [Re: Vaughan]
#355686 - 06/15/16 01:36 AM

Thanks for the new bezels.

I like the Jack Rabbit bezel a lot. It looks real nice.

As I've told you, most of your bezels are very nice, but the Cool Pool bezel is probably one of the bezels I like the least. But that probably isn't your fault since there's probably not much source material for you to work with.

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Send PM

Re: 3 New Bezels: Atari Soccer, Road Wars, Ameri-Darts, and No More! new [Re: Big Karnak]
#355694 - 06/15/16 08:50 AM

Jack Rabbit is a great game - though is someone wants to make a cheat that gets rid of that speech at the game start, I wouldn't mind.

Cool Pool is..... well, as you can tell, I created the two Punisher bezels and - stylistically speaking - kind of went with the flow. No excuses there.

I could go on at great length about all I've learned design wise since starting to do these. That doesn't mean I make good choices though. Sometimes it's been a long day, and I'm tied and on auto-pilot, and the bezel doesn't really get the attention it deserves.

There are so many games that need attention that at times I don't have the time or inclination to do a deep search for materials. Not at the pace I've been working.

Still, some love is better than no love, and if one of my bezels inspires someone to say "Well, even *I* can do better than that, see!" then it's all been worth it.

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Send PM

5 New Bezels: Atari Baseball, Slither, Super High Impact, and More! new [Re: Vaughan]
#355740 - 06/16/16 11:37 PM

Evening all.

5 new bezels today.

Special mention to Slither. As you can see, I ran out of inspiration and sources real quick for this one. What we're left with is certainly a "work in progress".

So why post it? Well, mainly because of the game itself, which may have passed you by. Slither is, basically, a Centipede clone with some added madness.

This time you're in a desert, with little bit of scrub playing the part of the mushrooms, a black crow replacing the spider, and a red devil thing replacing the scorpion. The centipede itself is replaced with lots of little snakes, which shrink when shot.

But here's the key innovation - you can move ALL OVER the screen. Not only that, but you can fire UP the screen, AND you can fire DOWN the screen - which you need to do on later levels.

It's not smooth gameplay wise, but it's so odd that I think it's great fun. Hence, anything to draw attention to the game is good in my books.

Have fun!

rmilyard
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/17/16
Loc: Surprise, AZ
Send PM

Re: Vaughan's Custom Artwork/Bezels new [Re: Vaughan]
#355773 - 06/17/16 03:56 PM

I must say these are nice! I am guessing when add new ones first post under NEW gets updated?

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Send PM

Re: Vaughan's Custom Artwork/Bezels new [Re: rmilyard]
#355774 - 06/17/16 04:21 PM

Thanks.

Yes, I add any new bezels to the top of the first post under NEW. That way it's easier for people to see what's been added. After a while I then move them to alphabetical list.

For example, tonight I'll be posting a couple new bezels, for Groove on Fight and Ground Effects.

Thanks again, and enjoy!

rmilyard
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/17/16
Loc: Surprise, AZ
Send PM

#355882 - 06/22/16 02:48 AM

I didn't see any new bezels go up. Also I did sent you a PM to add me to your box.

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Send PM

5 New Bezels: Rabio Lepus, Ground Effects, Power Instinct, and More! new [Re: Vaughan]
#355926 - 06/24/16 08:05 AM

After a short break, five new Bezels today.

svp
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/12/16
Send PM

#357648 - 08/12/16 09:17 PM

Hate to be a horrendous noob but where's the rest of these fine artworks? I can only see till K.

I await your scorn.

svp
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/12/16
Send PM

Re: Vaughan's Custom Artwork/Bezels new [Re: svp]
#357649 - 08/12/16 09:18 PM

> Hate to be a horrendous noob but where's the rest of these fine artworks? I can only
> see till K.
>
> I await your scorn.

Nm...found 'em.

Dreamstate
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/27/17
Send PM

Re: Vaughan's Custom Artwork/Bezels *DELETED* new [Re: Vaughan]
#378292 - 08/25/18 07:21 PM

Post deleted by Dreamstate

Vaughan
Wanna Bezel?
Send PM

Re: Vaughan's Custom Artwork/Bezels new [Re: Dreamstate]
#378399 - 09/01/18 12:52 PM Attachment: snapjack.zip 4167 KB (21 downloads)

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, I rarely visit this site these days. I'll try and attach a Snap bezel here.

For the record, I am no longer spending time on bezels. In fact, I no longer have any of the files for the ones I created - I deleted them from my system some time ago. The old links I gave may or may not work, I left the repositories up, but some may age out.

These were fun to do, but in the end I achieved most of what I wanted to. That and.... oh that's another story.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >>

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork X: Other Artwork Projects
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 86 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 26877