Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Echtzeit
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/20/16
Send PM

Certain romsets are just not discovered using scan, why?
#350440 - 02/20/16 09:35 PM Attachment: Clipboard Image.jpg 87 KB (0 downloads)

Hello,

I've downloaded the latest version of MAMEUI64 and aquired a few romsets specifically for version 0.170.

While most of them are being properly discovered during the scan, I have 18 that are NOT discovered.

I've used clrmamepro with a tutorial to check these romsets and gotten no error message.

When I try to load the game through "All Games" I get of course an error message telling me that a file is missing. When I try "Audit" I get the message "romset NOT FOUND" but it is clearly there.

What am I doing wrong, what else can I try? Is this a known problem?

I've attached an image with the offending romsets.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Certain romsets are just not discovered using scan, why? new [Re: Echtzeit]
#350450 - 02/21/16 01:27 AM

> Hello,
>
> I've downloaded the latest version of MAMEUI64 and aquired a few romsets specifically
> for version 0.170.
>
> While most of them are being properly discovered during the scan, I have 18 that are
> NOT discovered.
>
> I've used clrmamepro with a tutorial to check these romsets and gotten no error
> message.
>
> When I try to load the game through "All Games" I get of course an error message
> telling me that a file is missing. When I try "Audit" I get the message "romset NOT
> FOUND" but it is clearly there.
>
> What am I doing wrong, what else can I try? Is this a known problem?
>
> I've attached an image with the offending romsets.

Not sure how MAMEUI auditing works, but quickly looking over your list of games there is a requirement for each of them - either a BIOS romset, or a specific device rom which is and can be references by multiple games and/or drivers. For instance, looking at a few of your missing:

btoads - requires BSMT sound chip device rom (bsmt2000.zip)
cotton, cottonbm - requires ST-V Bios set (stvbios.zip)
crusnusa, crusnwld - requires TMS32031 device rom (tms32031.zip)
and more..

It would appear that MAMEUI is indeed correct and is not OK'ing the romset due to missing dependent romsets (as mentioned above). If you do an individual audit of a game (select a game in menu, then right click, and select AUDIT option). From there it should tell you exactly what is missing and it is up to you to acquire that in order to play the game.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert 
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2839