View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Making a sign.......
#349773 - 02/01/16 12:12 AM

I'm making a monster bumper sticker, 7" x 30". I was designing on this site, but sizing the text box by pulling it stretches the letters thin, and none of their fonts correct this. Anyone know how to fix this kind of thing?

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Making a sign....... new [Re: Traso]
#349780 - 02/01/16 01:40 AM

> I'm making a monster bumper sticker, 7" x 30". I was designing on this site, but
> sizing the text box by pulling it stretches the letters thin, and none of their fonts
> correct this. Anyone know how to fix this kind of thing?

First off, how are you selecting 30"? I only see 14" as the max width.

I'd also wonder what text you're wanting to put, so as to maybe better understand.... but something tells me I don't want to know.

Perhaps, for 30", you're making more than one bumper sticker, just at more narrow widths...?

Eh, as I'm sure you're aware, you can position the text boxes. Maybe these 'techniques' can get you what you're after.

LEVEL-4

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Making a sign....... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#349795 - 02/01/16 07:24 AM

> > First off, how are you selecting 30"? I only see 14" as the max width. Perhaps, for 30", you're making more than one bumper sticker, just at more narrow widths...?

That's for the vinyl page I linked. The bumper stickers actually go up to 20", though I was using the window decal, which is totally custom. Thirty inches will ensure it's visible from a distance. It will say NO SKINNY CHICKS. But it doesn't matter what the text is, it just comes out the same. You'd think in this day that it would scale the letters appropriately.....

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Making a sign....... new [Re: Traso]
#349798 - 02/01/16 08:30 AM

> > > First off, how are you selecting 30"? I only see 14" as the max width. Perhaps,
> for 30", you're making more than one bumper sticker, just at more narrow widths...?
>
>
> That's for the vinyl page I linked. The bumper stickers actually go up to 20", though
> I was using the window decal, which is totally custom. Thirty inches will ensure it's
> visible from a distance. It will say NO SKINNY CHICKS. But it doesn't matter what the
> text is, it just comes out the same. You'd think in this day that it would scale the
> letters appropriately.....

What about using the 'Upload Image' thing? Don't bother messing with their formatting, just make whatever you need in whatever art program on your own. Bend them to your will!

ETA: This will be going on the bumper of your white, windowless van that has 'Free Fried Chicken' spray painted on the side? j/k

Edit2: Oh. Reading comprehension: D- It will go on the back of your window.

Edited by Tomu Breidah (02/01/16 11:18 AM)

LEVEL-4

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Making a sign....... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#349803 - 02/01/16 11:29 AM

Okay. It'd take some work and maybe some degree of artistic skill, or there are other ways to make the letters...

Buy this

Then, using an exacto-knife, cut out the letters you'll be wanting. That's up to you how you want to transfer them to the vinyl. I'd suggest, don't cut them out all the way... Leave some small areas still connected so they can be more easily transferred and straight, and properly aligned when applying them to your car's window.

Eh, I guess that's how you could do it. It's one thing to give advice, and something else when it comes time to do it... You usually find - things aren't always as simple as you'd think.

LEVEL-4

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

HaH new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#349871 - 02/04/16 10:29 AM

Van. Fuck, man, I gots me a Winneba-go!

Actually I have a 4dr sedan. Yes, I'm going to put it on the bumper. The custom sign product is the only one that meets my size needs. THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID! Hmh-hmh.

When I made custom shirts, I did something like what you suggested: I worked up the text in Word, printed it out on manilla folder, then cut the letters out. (First one I was way into. Second one I got burnt half-way through, but I persevered....) Put the shirt over a piece of cardboard, pinned the stencil to the shirt, and painted in the gaps with a fabric pen. Looked pro.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
1 registered and 415 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2787