MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

bmosley
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/27/13
Send PM

darkseal inp file problems during playback
#348963 - 01/07/16 12:58 AM Attachment: darkseal.inp.zip 494 KB (0 downloads)

I used darkseal.zip from the 151 set (with MAME64 0.151) and everything seems to be working fine until about 6mins in. Havent had trouble with other games before is there something I can do to remedy the issue?

here's my inp file (also attached to the thread)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vyj6wa898dp0lu/darkseal2.inp?dl=0

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: darkseal inp file problems during playback new [Re: bmosley]
#348964 - 01/07/16 01:40 AM

> I used darkseal.zip from the 151 set (with MAME64 0.151) and everything seems to be
> working fine until about 6mins in. Havent had trouble with other games before is
> there something I can do to remedy the issue?
>
>
> here's my inp file (also attached to the thread)
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vyj6wa898dp0lu/darkseal2.inp?dl=0

You could try the newer MAME out to see that problem still there. You sure the ROM's is correct and all there on that one? Working fine here.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

bmosley
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: darkseal inp file problems during playback new [Re: Dullaron]
#348966 - 01/07/16 03:33 AM

i'll try a newer set to check.. i am using the sdl version of mame for playback (tho it was recorded on windows with d3d)

bmosley
MAME Fan
Send PM

#349075 - 01/09/16 03:49 AM

tried several different ways now on 2 different machines.. around stage 2 things just totally break. It looks like the players tried to walk thru the door but it doesn't actual trigger in MAME and they stay in the bottom area. Up until then, everything is working perfectly. Could it be an issue with playback or MAME?

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#349076 - 01/09/16 03:59 AM

> tried several different ways now on 2 different machines.. around stage 2 things just
> totally break. It looks like the players tried to walk thru the door but it doesn't
> actual trigger in MAME and they stay in the bottom area. Up until then, everything is
> working perfectly. Could it be an issue with playback or MAME?

it's difficult to say.. some games DO have recording problems we know that.

inps will become incompatible as MAME gets updated simply because of subtle timing changes and the like (amongst other things) but if you're using 0.151, and the inp was recorded in 0.151 you should be ok..

32-bit vs 64-bit can be important, sometimes platform can be too, things like sound / no sound shouldn't matter in current versions. sometimes people record with annoying hacked builds of MAME which could easily break things too.

ensuring there's no nvram when you record / playback is as important as ever, but I don't believe this game uses any.

unfortunately it's pretty much impossible for us to say exactly what's wrong, it's basically a case of it either works or it doesn't, surprisingly this inp still actually plays up until stage 2 even in a current version, but does again die there.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 388 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1376