View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Andyroid
#348266 - 12/19/15 12:41 PM Attachment: andyos.png 1313 KB (0 downloads)

http://www.andyroid.net/

I recommended this over BlueStacks and Nox. Some apps will not work at all.

No this isn't MAME. You know MAME can't run Android games. So get it out of your head.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Ashura-X
MAME Compiler!
Reged: 01/22/04
Send PM

Re: Andyroid new [Re: Dullaron]
#348268 - 12/19/15 12:44 PM

Exists any Darius Burst for PC?

Nevermind.. found it

Edited by Ashura-X (12/19/15 12:50 PM)

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

#348282 - 12/20/15 12:56 AM

> No this isn't MAME. You know MAME can't run Android games. So get it out of your
> head.

Only a matter of time till MAME/MESS supports Android emulation.

Moose

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Andyroid new [Re: Moose]
#348288 - 12/20/15 06:08 AM

> > No this isn't MAME. You know MAME can't run Android games. So get it out of your
> > head.
>
> Only a matter of time till MAME/MESS supports Android emulation.

Dev can build a Android without a problem. There are documents on Androids. Androids and sources are free to use. There are tons of ports out there. I don't see why would it stop MAME/MESS team on adding the Androids. It just like Linux free to use. I don't think they get sued on adding those. This isn't Apple and Microsoft.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Andyroid new [Re: Moose]
#348301 - 12/20/15 05:39 PM

> > No this isn't MAME. You know MAME can't run Android games. So get it out of your
> > head.
>
> Only a matter of time till MAME/MESS supports Android emulation.

I think it can but a really early version of Android on real low end emulatable Android hardware. Pretty sure I saw a screenshot somewhere, Arbee may remember?

- Stiletto

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Andyroid new [Re: Stiletto]
#348312 - 12/21/15 01:23 AM

> > > No this isn't MAME. You know MAME can't run Android games. So get it out of your
> > > head.
> >
> > Only a matter of time till MAME/MESS supports Android emulation.
>
> I think it can but a really early version of Android on real low end emulatable
> Android hardware. Pretty sure I saw a screenshot somewhere, Arbee may remember?
>
> - Stiletto

Yea it very slow though. That just MAME/MESS issue on the speed. lol

Anyway Android doesn't show up on the list. I can't find it. It a phone version with different name. I do have a game that might work on it. The game will not work on the newer Android for some reason the loading screen freezes at the end. But I have a out of date phone that let the game load up fine. If there anyway to dump the Android then I be willing to send the dump to them. Might be better than what they have.

Dullaron
Send PM

Change my mind about Andy. Nox is better. new [Re: Dullaron]
#348349 - 12/22/15 02:51 PM

http://www.bignox.com/en

You can set up keys to use on the keyboard.

Even though Andy have better support on the games. For example. Be able to play all the Rayman games without any issue.

While Rayman Fiesta Run have a black screen and Rayman Adventures have the wrong colors on Nox.

Note: Nox Dev team will continue working on the fixes. "Nox APP Player: Thanks for reporting these compatibility issues to us. We will keep working on improving Nox performance."

English version first released on the August 12, 2015.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

Re: Change my mind about Andy. Nox is better. new [Re: Dullaron]
#348351 - 12/22/15 07:48 PM

I am using BlueStacks 2 years now and I can't see what's wrong with it ???

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Change my mind about Andy. Nox is better. new [Re: CTOJAH]
#348376 - 12/23/15 11:52 PM

> I am using BlueStacks 2 years now and I can't see what's wrong with it ???

Auto download pick of the day. Won't even know until looking the apps list. Plus it a lot slower than the others. Paying will turn on the boost of speed and turn off the auto download pick of the day. This is why I refuse to continue using it.

There are more Androids for PC than what I listed.

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

#348379 - 12/24/15 04:39 AM

Andyroid won't even open for me (Win 10). I just get "Starting Andy" and then- nothing. Not even a window that opens and immediately closes like the issue others have had. Uninstalled for now. Other recommendations websites have are Droid4X, Genymotion, and the older free version of YouWave. Genymotion requires me to create an online account so I will put that one at the end of my list of emus to try. Any experience with any of these anyone?

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Andyroid new [Re: Qun Mang]
#348383 - 12/24/15 06:22 PM

> Andyroid won't even open for me (Win 10). I just get "Starting Andy" and then-
> nothing. Not even a window that opens and immediately closes like the issue others
> have had. Uninstalled for now. Other recommendations websites have are Droid4X,
> Genymotion, and the older free version of YouWave. Genymotion requires me to create
> an online account so I will put that one at the end of my list of emus to try. Any
> experience with any of these anyone?

Oh I know what it is. Your computer doesn't have that Hyper-V support or what ever that support is. Or you didn't enable it on your motherboard. Working fine here and have the Hyper-V support enabled. Unless you found a bug. I know that my Gateway doesn't have the support and it won't work.

Stay away from Genymotion. Not free anymore. Beside it for DEV only to test out apks, making apks and other stuff. I used to have it a few years ago when it was free and my games had a black screen or crashes. I don't know if the games will work on it now.

I'm thinking trying out the Droid4X. I saw that racing game runs without any issue. I can use my Xbox 360 controller?

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

#348389 - 12/25/15 02:15 AM

>
> Oh I know what it is. Your computer doesn't have that Hyper-V support or what ever
> that support is. Or you didn't enable it on your motherboard. Working fine here and
> have the Hyper-V support enabled. Unless you found a bug. I know that my Gateway
> doesn't have the support and it won't work.

Actually, it looks like Andy doesn't like Hyper-V and turns it off. Apparently it conflicts with Andy's own VM. I think you mean virtualization in general- Hyper-V seems to be just a specific VM like VMWare and Virtualbox, and I did check that it was enabled in the bios. I tried anyway and enabled Hyper-V in Windows 10, rebooted, checked that it was still enabled, then reinstalled Andy. After rebooting, same issue with Andy. Checked Hyper-V and it was disabled. Re-enabled it, but it didn't fix the issue. Looked online and found that Hyper-V should be disabled for Andy so I disabled it again.

What *did* fix the problem was running Andy as administrator. I guess it doesn't like running on a limited account.

>
> Stay away from Genymotion. Not free anymore. Beside it for DEV only to test out apks,
> making apks and other stuff. I used to have it a few years ago when it was free and
> my games had a black screen or crashes. I don't know if the games will work on it
> now.
>
> I'm thinking trying out the Droid4X. I saw that racing game runs without any issue. I
> can use my Xbox 360 controller?

Thanks. I'll check out Andy and if it doesn't work out I will try Droid4X.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Andyroid new [Re: Qun Mang]
#348390 - 12/25/15 04:06 AM

> Actually, it looks like Andy doesn't like Hyper-V and turns it off. Apparently it
> conflicts with Andy's own VM. I think you mean virtualization in general- Hyper-V
> seems to be just a specific VM like VMWare and Virtualbox, and I did check that it
> was enabled in the bios. I tried anyway and enabled Hyper-V in Windows 10, rebooted,
> checked that it was still enabled, then reinstalled Andy. After rebooting, same issue
> with Andy. Checked Hyper-V and it was disabled. Re-enabled it, but it didn't fix the
> issue. Looked online and found that Hyper-V should be disabled for Andy so I disabled
> it again.
>
> What *did* fix the problem was running Andy as administrator. I guess it doesn't like
> running on a limited account.

That odd. I don't have to do the administrator to run it and turn off the Hyper-V. It run just fine. You must've have a different Windows 10.

Try out Droid4X to see that one give you any issue. Then Nox last if it does.

Dullaron
Send PM

Found this chart linked to the Nox page on Facebook. new [Re: Dullaron]
#348520 - 12/29/15 06:57 PM Attachment: 10504914_1606230866317452_7363945443291160488_o.jpg 119 KB (0 downloads)

Showing info on which is better. Droid4X not on the list.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Found this chart linked to the Nox page on Facebook. new [Re: Dullaron]
#348521 - 12/29/15 06:58 PM

> Showing info on which is better.

Which, as we know, is 100% honest and objective, being a table found on the website for one of the specific products listed in the table, and not some independently curated list or anything. At least now I know who the sort of people are who get taken in by such lists.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 395 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3038