View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Quick ripping with anydvd
#347270 - 11/22/15 08:44 AM

I've always had trouble dvd's when simply copying the files directly from disk, then burning them with Nero. My wife finally bugged me to find a solution. FixVTS FTW!

Tons faster than using rippers that play the file and re-encode them on the fly, and zero loss (quality, menus, extras, etc.), of course.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Quick ripping with anydvd new [Re: URherenow]
#347275 - 11/22/15 01:43 PM

> I've always had trouble dvd's when simply copying the files directly from disk, then
> burning them with Nero. My wife finally bugged me to find a solution. FixVTS FTW!
>
> Tons faster than using rippers that play the file and re-encode them on the fly, and
> zero loss (quality, menus, extras, etc.), of course.

Is that the FixVTS that hasn't been updated in almost nine years? Or has someone been keeping it up somewhere?

Not that I know anything about it, just seems odd that no one's updated things to kill it in all that time.

http://www.videohelp.com/software/FixVTS

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Quick ripping with anydvd new [Re: TriggerFin]
#347295 - 11/22/15 10:51 PM

> > I've always had trouble dvd's when simply copying the files directly from disk,
> then
> > burning them with Nero. My wife finally bugged me to find a solution. FixVTS FTW!
> >
> > Tons faster than using rippers that play the file and re-encode them on the fly,
> and
> > zero loss (quality, menus, extras, etc.), of course.
>
> Is that the FixVTS that hasn't been updated in almost nine years? Or has someone been
> keeping it up somewhere?
>
> Not that I know anything about it, just seems odd that no one's updated things to
> kill it in all that time.
>
> http://www.videohelp.com/software/FixVTS

Given how lawsuit happy Hollywood is, I wouldn't be surprised that people simply didn't want the legal headaches associated with developing software like this.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

URherenow
Send PM

#347296 - 11/22/15 11:37 PM

The same. And since it seems to work perfectly for the latest movies, there really isn't a reason to update it! It seems to simply fix index information of some kind. Any other kind of copy protection is taken care of by AnyDVD.

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Quick ripping with anydvd new [Re: Master O]
#347297 - 11/22/15 11:45 PM

> Given how lawsuit happy Hollywood is, I wouldn't be surprised that people simply
> didn't want the legal headaches associated with developing software like this.

Software like what? All it does is fix (maybe indexes or something like that) VTS files. It has nothing to do with circumventing copy protection. People do make home DVDs and such (if not on camcorders that record directly to disc, then situations like buying that video of yourself bungee jumping or skydiving). And... if it was anything like that, do you really think a nearly 9 year old file would still be up for download on a legit site?

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

#347305 - 11/23/15 04:45 AM

> I've always had trouble dvd's when simply copying the files directly from disk, then
> burning them with Nero.

That's probably your problem. Try ImgBurn. I haven't tried AnyDVD, but would imagine it would work well with ImgBurn.

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Quick ripping with anydvd new [Re: redk9258]
#347308 - 11/23/15 04:54 AM

> > I've always had trouble dvd's when simply copying the files directly from disk,
> then
> > burning them with Nero.
>
> That's probably your problem. Try ImgBurn. I haven't tried AnyDVD, but would imagine
> it would work well with ImgBurn.

Not even. I'm burning the files copied off of the disc, not an image. If I burned that with IMGBURN, I would have no indication of what was wrong in the first place. At least NERO threw up warnings about something not being compatible with DVD standards when I tried to burn the files without fixing them first.

Or are you saying I should have made an image with imgburn and then burn it? Does that even work with copy protection?

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#347311 - 11/23/15 07:32 AM

> Is that the FixVTS that hasn't been updated in almost nine years? Or has someone been
> keeping it up somewhere?

No one has had to mess with DVDs in almost 9 years :P

1080P MKV FTW \o/

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

#347324 - 11/23/15 01:09 PM

I thought AnyDVD ran in the background and took care of copy protection. I think ImgBurn it pretty good about finding errors. Try it out. Make sure you don't install the extra crap that is now in the installer.

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Quick ripping with anydvd new [Re: B2K24]
#347326 - 11/23/15 04:21 PM

> No one has had to mess with DVDs in almost 9 years :P
>
> 1080P MKV FTW \o/

Refer to my thread about Japanese subtitles on Blu-Rays. My wife just doesn't trust them so she'll rent a DVD first, if it's available.

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Quick ripping with anydvd [EDIT] new [Re: redk9258]
#347327 - 11/23/15 04:24 PM

> I thought AnyDVD ran in the background and took care of copy protection. I think
> ImgBurn it pretty good about finding errors.

ImgBurn doesn't look for errors AFAIK. It will burn whatever you tell it to burn. AnyDVD does take care of encryption for the most part, but it seems indexes get messed up somehow. It only takes a minute or so to correct the whole disc. Not sure where the problem is there, but I won't fuss about a < 2min fix..

Edit: whoa... I've been simply copying and pasting the files. I just now realized AnyDVD comes with a ripper. I'll try that next time and see if the problem still exists.

Edited by URherenow (11/23/15 06:24 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 398 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1445