MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

$1.5 million Ferrari wrecked moments after leaving dealership
#346784 - 11/07/15 03:47 PM

$1.5 million Ferrari wrecked moments after leaving dealership".

I guess soon to be for sale on Hungarian version of craigslist with item description as "slightly used"?

Edited by gregf (11/07/15 04:57 PM)

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: $1.5 million Ferrari wrecked moments after leaving dealership new [Re: gregf]
#346785 - 11/07/15 03:56 PM

Edit: here's a link that doesn't redirect.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027323805

Edited by Tomu Breidah (11/07/15 04:00 PM)

LEVEL-4

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: $1.5 million Ferrari wrecked moments after leaving dealership new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#346788 - 11/07/15 05:04 PM

>Edit: here's a link that doesn't redirect.
> http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027323805

My bad. I didn't expect some BS web related 'behind-the-scene' stuff going on after linking to that particular thread. That's probably first time of that happening when doing prior linking to DU site regarding topics.

Still worth linking after watching what happened with dumb driver behind steering wheel of a Ferrari.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: $1.5 million Ferrari wrecked moments after leaving dealership new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#346792 - 11/07/15 05:33 PM

> Edit: here's a link that doesn't redirect.
>
> http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027323805

What a moron wreaked his car after pulled out of the cars dealer. Try to do speed racier or some crap around the cars.

I'd be afraid to drive that.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: $1.5 million Ferrari wrecked moments after leaving dealership new [Re: gregf]
#346795 - 11/07/15 07:32 PM

I was talking with this dealership dude earlier this year, and he told me 1 out of 5 super-sport cars crash within 5 minutes of purchase. Always the same scenario: lets punch it and see what it can doOOOOOOOH SHIT!

Just because you can afford it doesn't mean you can handle it.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#346818 - 11/08/15 05:09 PM

> > Edit: here's a link that doesn't redirect.

> My bad.

I meant, that when you click on the link, that it opens a new tab instead of making you leave the forum (e.g. "redirect").

Sorry. Pet peeve of mine.

Edited by Tomu Breidah (11/08/15 05:10 PM)

LEVEL-4

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: $1.5 million Ferrari wrecked moments after leaving dealership new [Re: GatKong]
#346823 - 11/09/15 03:43 AM

> I was talking with this dealership dude earlier this year, and he told me 1 out of 5
> super-sport cars crash within 5 minutes of purchase. Always the same scenario: lets
> punch it and see what it can doOOOOOOOH SHIT!
>
> Just because you can afford it doesn't mean you can handle it.

I believe that people should be responsible for their own activities.

But, if people are crashing that often (1 in 5, within 5 minutes of purchase), then perhaps the dealers should strongly encourage people to take their new super car out onto a test track before they take it out onto public roads.

In any case, I can't see the sense of having a car like this, except in countries that have open speed limit roads (Germany, etc). Buy a super car and then have to keep in under 60 or 70 mph - Sacrilege !!!

Moose

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: $1.5 million Ferrari wrecked moments after leaving dealership new [Re: Moose]
#346825 - 11/09/15 07:49 AM

> In any case, I can't see the sense of having a car like this, except in countries
> that have open speed limit roads (Germany, etc). Buy a super car and then have to
> keep in under 60 or 70 mph - Sacrilege !!!

The real truth is that they are status symbols for rich douchenozzles who (clearly) barely know how to drive them, let alone have any interest in testing the car's limits.

For the rare driver who is actually interested in making use of the performance, though, there are options. First of all, there are times and places where you can get away with exceeding the speed limit on public roads. I'm not saying it's a great idea, but the fact is that most drivers speed every now and then.

The safer and smarter way is to take the car to track days at a race course. Most of them set aside days where members of the pubic can take their cars out and test their limits in a controlled environment. There's even a trend toward "country club" tracks, where you can get a membership and make use of the track more or less whenever you want. If you can afford a million dollar supercar, the fees for something like this are chump change and well worth the investment.

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: $1.5 million Ferrari wrecked moments after leaving dealership new [Re: DMala]
#346829 - 11/09/15 08:27 AM

> The real truth is that they are status symbols for rich douchenozzles

Hmmmm, OK, so let's just trace through your rotten, nasty, twisted, perverted logic:

(1). If someone dreams about owning a super car their whole life ...

(2). And if that person works extremely hard, studies hard at school / uni (or in the school of life), works heaps of overtime, works multiple jobs, works very hard to get ahead, and makes some extremely sound financial investments, and manages to become a financial success and wealthy.

(3). And, if that person then says "What the hey ? I own my house, I've got plenty of money in the bank, I'll buy that car I've always dreamed of owning !".

Then you are writing them off as a "rich douchenozzle" ????

What a damned stupid way to think.

Moose

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: $1.5 million Ferrari wrecked moments after leaving dealership new [Re: Moose]
#346830 - 11/09/15 09:33 AM

> > The real truth is that they are status symbols for rich douchenozzles
>
> Hmmmm, OK, so let's just trace through your rotten, nasty, twisted, perverted logic:
>
> (1). If someone dreams about owning a super car their whole life ...
>
> (2). And if that person works extremely hard, studies hard at school / uni (or in the
> school of life), works heaps of overtime, works multiple jobs, works very hard to get
> ahead, and makes some extremely sound financial investments, and manages to become a
> financial success and wealthy.
>
> (3). And, if that person then says "What the hey ? I own my house, I've got plenty of
> money in the bank, I'll buy that car I've always dreamed of owning !".
>
> Then you are writing them off as a "rich douchenozzle" ????
>
> What a damned stupid way to think.

I'm sure he didn't mean people that have worked hard... More like people that came into massive amounts of money without so much work... Like, a gift from their rich daddy, or they won the lottery, or sell drugs or whatever.

Then again, it's easy to call a rich asshole a "rich asshole" when you're poor.

LEVEL-4

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

That is some shitty phone video...... new [Re: gregf]
#346861 - 11/10/15 07:48 AM

Jesus, what are they back in 2001 in Italy?

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2020