View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

L-Lawliet
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/27/15
Send PM

Dungeons and Dragons not working
#345625 - 09/29/15 05:23 AM

As the title says i have Dungeon & Dragons Shadow over Mystara and Dungeon and Dragons Tower of Doom but they wont work,they appear on list but sayd "one or more rom chd is missing" i used clear mame i have updated the romset but nothing it wont work they do work on cmd line mame 0.146 so is there a way to fix this without having to compile mame because those games wont work at all and making a rom audit it says that i have the set complete but it doesnt work or someone messup on the code and changed something to make those games unplayable

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Dungeons and Dragons not working new [Re: L-Lawliet]
#345627 - 09/29/15 05:49 AM

> As the title says i have Dungeon & Dragons Shadow over Mystara and Dungeon and
> Dragons Tower of Doom but they wont work,they appear on list but sayd "one or more
> rom chd is missing" i used clear mame i have updated the romset but nothing it wont
> work they do work on cmd line mame 0.146 so is there a way to fix this without having
> to compile mame because those games wont work at all and making a rom audit it says
> that i have the set complete but it doesnt work or someone messup on the code and
> changed something to make those games unplayable

If MAME tells you that message, you are legitimately missing the romset in part or in whole or you have your rompath misconfigured. I'm going to guess you are missing "qsound" device which is common to many Capcom Play System games and required for the game to load/operate.

L-Lawliet
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Dungeons and Dragons not working new [Re: Tafoid]
#345631 - 09/29/15 10:28 AM

I dont know why this was moved but this forum should have a report troubles subforum,ideas and other stuff i think thats the idea of that.
now according to what you said im missing something the problem with that is that mameui (reason why i posted this in there) says that all the romset is OK no problem,when i try to load it it says one or more rom or chd is missing,is only a cps2 game and i have others of that board and they play fine the only ones that dont work are the dungeon and dragons even if the audit said is "OK" a perfect set the game wont i load this is clearly messed up code because if you are right then none of the others games would work but are only those two so is messed up code and this should be fixed.
Is like using some sets on mameplus they work on mameui they work on cmd mame they dont work on mame plus,by the way this dont work on mame plus same message.
And i forgot to mention because there is no bug report in this forum (weird because is the official) hattrick hero 93 have graphics glitches everywhere but is marked perfect and playable,is playable i wont deny that but the special animation dont show up only a black screen,and the rewind camera is messed up besides the buy in unit dont work normally on arcade when you put more coins you can buy units but this doesnt happen on mame (any version) this game has been like this for 6 or 7 years never fixed

Edited by L-Lawliet (09/29/15 10:29 AM)

abelenki
Super Drunk
Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Perm, Russia
Send PM

#345632 - 09/29/15 10:37 AM

> Dungeon & Dragons Shadow over Mystara and Dungeon and Dragons Tower of Doom

i just checked both games on latest official MAME, which is 0.165.

they load up and work fine.

you need to get official MAME 0.165 and latest ROM set for it:

MAME - http://mamedev.org/release.html
ROM set - http://google.com/

p.s.: learn some punctuation, if you want your messages to be read (i personally skipped almost everything, because they are unreadable).

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#345640 - 09/29/15 03:52 PM

> word salad

Your writing style is fucking insufferable.

Ashura-X
MAME Compiler!
Reged: 01/22/04
Send PM

Re: Dungeons and Dragons not working new [Re: abelenki]
#345642 - 09/29/15 05:46 PM

You are missing the rom "qsound.zip" on your rom folder dude.
Stop to write a bible and read some FAQs or info on the mame related sites before write about those issues.

L-Lawliet
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Dungeons and Dragons not working new [Re: Ashura-X]
#345644 - 09/29/15 06:39 PM

that fixed it but this is why i said someone messed up,qsound is a hardware sound chip it doent use firmware so why do i need a firmware of something unenxistant that should have been integrated on the emulator is kinda stupid making an unexistant firmware for something that never existed,if it was a plugin to get a better sound i will bellieve it,but besides dumping the rom there is something weird in the emulator because there is no way to get the same crc if you make your own dumps (this is one reason i downloaded the online found set) because are different,the emulator requires some stuff that dont exist in this case qsound.zip if it was a plugin to get better sound OK but no it doesnt do anything so in the end is getting really pathetic mame (and my second reason to start avoiding officials,i use a no crc check hack i found to play with my dumps i get the same files the same naming different crc)\('w')/

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#345647 - 09/29/15 06:55 PM

> that fixed it but this is why i said someone messed up,qsound is a hardware sound
> chip it doent use firmware so why do i need a firmware of something unenxistant that
> should have been integrated on the emulator is kinda stupid making an unexistant
> firmware for something that never existed,if it was a plugin to get a better sound i
> will bellieve it,but besides dumping the rom there is something weird in the emulator
> because there is no way to get the same crc if you make your own dumps (this is one
> reason i downloaded the online found set) because are different,the emulator requires
> some stuff that dont exist in this case qsound.zip if it was a plugin to get better
> sound OK but no it doesnt do anything so in the end is getting really pathetic mame
> (and my second reason to start avoiding officials,i use a no crc check hack i found
> to play with my dumps i get the same files the same naming different crc)\('w')/

no offence, but you're an idiot.

the Qsound chip does have a 'firmware', it is inside the Qsound chip, and the qsound.bin is a dump of what is inside that chip. We do not include ROM data directly in the source (that would be blatant copyright infringement) but as we aim to emulate everything at the lowest level we can we do require the data to be present in an external file.

As for 'no CRC check hack' I think you'll find that the OFFICIAL version of MAME is quite happy to run things with CRC mismatches, it will warn you about them, but it will still run. If there are builds now disabling even those warnings claiming them to be 'nags' too then heaven help us, things have reached a new low. Just FYI the only official versions are the versions on http://mamedev.org/

The unofficial 'nonag' builds that exist today are pointless, MAME has no 'nags' as it is, there is a one-off game hardware info screen for each game (which can be disabled) and then for games with known problems there is a screen to tell you about said problems. This isn't a nag, it is there to help you (and to help us, by preventing false bug reports on drivers)

I suggest you improve your attitude here, especially considering people are helping you.

L-Lawliet
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Dungeons and Dragons not working new [Re: Haze]
#345648 - 09/29/15 07:34 PM

and you are an ass.
Besides Official mame builds dont run dumped roms because of the crc check i had to download something instead of using my own dump just because it didnt had the same crc you labeled i thing that most then promoting an accurate emulator what you are doing is piracy because the crc check should be deleted of the code because there is no way to run a own dump if mame sayd it has the wrong crc tell me genius how to bypass the check on official
This are my arcades
Hat Trick Hero 93
Dungeon and Dragons Shadow Over Mystara
Dungeons and Dragons Tower of Doom
Street Fighter Zero 2
King of Fighters 97,98
Street Fighter 4 Taito Type X
Well i have an atomiwave and several games for it as well but those wont run on mame,so tell me genius how do i run roms i dumped if mame bitxx out and says one or more roms are missing but in the audit the only different thing is the crc of the dump.
And yes mame do run something like you said it will complain about the crc but it will run but those arent playable or do they run
Well i dont care about mame at all becase if i have to download something that is plain piracy no matter what excuse you use because on the license agreement when you buy an arcade you agree to certain stuff like avoid reselling of the arcade avoid disasembling prohibition of rom dumping this was clear marked as illegal action i now im commiting a crime when i dumped the rom but i think that using a rom that someone else dumped is more wrong

NEXT VERSION SHOULD HAVE THE CRC CHECK DELETED BECAUSE IS IMPOSIBLE TO PLAY WITH MY OWN DUMPED ROM IF MAME COMPLAINS ABOUT THE CRC AND AVOID RUNNING THE GAME,AND ROM DUMPING IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE ILLEGAL (i agree with this but i dont mind dumping my rom because those arcades arent for sale)

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#345649 - 09/29/15 07:58 PM

and you continue to rant without actually understanding anything..

the MAME CRCs allow MAME to be used to identify the revision etc. of roms dumped from your PCB. This is a useful service to PCB owners, and allows us to get a good idea of how many versions of each game existed etc. (which is very important because some used different hardware / different protection etc.)

As long as you name the files correctly it will happily ignore the CRC and attempt to run anyway (letting you know there is a mismatch) although obviously if you're running files MAME doesn't recognize there is a high chance that you've either got a bad dump, or unknown revision so nothing is guaranteed (hence the warnings - the protection emulation could be completely wrong for the set you're trying to run for example)

Again, your attitude absolutely stinks, and you're clearly not listening to anything you're being told.

> and you are an ass.
> Besides Official mame builds dont run dumped roms because of the crc check i had to
> download something instead of using my own dump just because it didnt had the same
> crc you labeled i thing that most then promoting an accurate emulator what you are
> doing is piracy because the crc check should be deleted of the code because there is
> no way to run a own dump if mame sayd it has the wrong crc tell me genius how to
> bypass the check on official
> This are my arcades
> Hat Trick Hero 93
> Dungeon and Dragons Shadow Over Mystara
> Dungeons and Dragons Tower of Doom
> Street Fighter Zero 2
> King of Fighters 97,98
> Street Fighter 4 Taito Type X
> Well i have an atomiwave and several games for it as well but those wont run on
> mame,so tell me genius how do i run roms i dumped if mame bitxx out and says one or
> more roms are missing but in the audit the only different thing is the crc of the
> dump.
> And yes mame do run something like you said it will complain about the crc but it
> will run but those arent playable or do they run
> Well i dont care about mame at all becase if i have to download something that is
> plain piracy no matter what excuse you use because on the license agreement when you
> buy an arcade you agree to certain stuff like avoid reselling of the arcade avoid
> disasembling prohibition of rom dumping this was clear marked as illegal action i now
> im commiting a crime when i dumped the rom but i think that using a rom that someone
> else dumped is more wrong
>
> NEXT VERSION SHOULD HAVE THE CRC CHECK DELETED BECAUSE IS IMPOSIBLE TO PLAY WITH MY
> OWN DUMPED ROM IF MAME COMPLAINS ABOUT THE CRC AND AVOID RUNNING THE GAME,AND ROM
> DUMPING IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE ILLEGAL (i agree with this but i dont mind dumping my
> rom because those arcades arent for sale)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#345651 - 09/29/15 08:35 PM

> NEXT VERSION SHOULD HAVE THE CRC CHECK DELETED BECAUSE IS IMPOSIBLE TO PLAY WITH MY
> OWN DUMPED ROM IF MAME COMPLAINS ABOUT THE CRC AND AVOID RUNNING THE GAME,AND ROM
> DUMPING IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE ILLEGAL (i agree with this but i dont mind dumping my
> rom because those arcades arent for sale)

Jane, you ignorant slut.

L-Lawliet
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Dungeons and Dragons not working new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#345653 - 09/29/15 09:30 PM

Well a pirate wont know something like agreements and legal contracts but well it seems you never read or buyed something original in your life cunt
By the way it seem there is some ognorant people because if this is as you say for doucmentation purposes then where ar those documents telling me how to build something from scratch,there are only 2 persons who had done the only for documentation purposes andone deleivered all his documentation to team desmume the other guy posted online the blueprint to build a gameboy color from scratch and there is also the guy that posted the setup to make a taito type x pc wich should have been emulated on mame

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#345657 - 09/29/15 10:13 PM

> Well a pirate wont know something like agreements and legal contracts but well it
> seems you never read or buyed something original in your life cunt
> By the way it seem there is some ognorant people because if this is as you say for
> doucmentation purposes then where ar those documents telling me how to build
> something from scratch,there are only 2 persons who had done the only for
> documentation purposes andone deleivered all his documentation to team desmume the
> other guy posted online the blueprint to build a gameboy color from scratch and there
> is also the guy that posted the setup to make a taito type x pc wich should have been
> emulated on mame

Locking thread. Original poster (L-Lawliet), please do not continue posting rants that have nothing to do with the original post which was answered by myself and others. EmuChat here is not for ranting.

Consider carefully how you proceed now. I understand English may not be your first language and you seem to be trying to hard to get your point across, but keep posts short, focused and do not respond with personal insults and more unrelated discussion.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 331 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 9032