Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

flynn2000
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/12/15
Send PM

Help me install Arcade VGA 5000 drivers
#345030 - 09/12/15 08:45 PM

I'm building a cocktail style MAME machine that uses a crt arcade monitor. After giving up on trying to set up groovymame I am now trying to go the easy route of using the Arcade VGA card I purchased a while back.

The problem is that I can't get the necessary drivers installed to run at the low resolution and refresh rate needed. A windows 7 64 bit system is what i'm using and the Ultimarc installation disc has been mostly useless so far. I even downloaded and tried to manualy install the Trisync and Quickrez but no go. Quickrez won't stay installed and the Trisync installer does nothing. When I do get the Galaga icon it only shows these resolutions: 640x480 & 800x600 (no others at all) and when I switch over to the arcade monitor it naturally shows a terribly flickering multi image on the display.

I even downloaded a non disc version of the installer and it tells me that the AMD Display driver failed to install. This is on a freshly reset windows 7 install.

I'm getting close to just ordering one of those multi JAMMA cards and just washing my hands of this mess. Thanks for any help that anyone can give.

Chappie
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/31/09
Send PM

Re: Help me install Arcade VGA 5000 drivers new [Re: flynn2000]
#348314 - 12/21/15 03:26 AM

Did you ever get through this?? I am having the exact same problem right now with !in 10.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Help me install Arcade VGA 5000 drivers new [Re: Chappie]
#348318 - 12/21/15 06:49 AM

Just search this forum for vga 5000" & you'll see a bunch of replies that can help.

You'll never get it to install in Win 10 if that's what you meant. You can install into Win 8 but it's a REAL pia & not for beginners. Win 7 is the one to go with.

It may take more than a few tries to learn what you're doing right/wrong so have patience.

Let us know how it goes or if you get stuck. I haven't done 1 for a while so my memory is a little vague on details but maybe I can still help.

GL!

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Andy Warne 
0 registered and 47 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3605