MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

JAC77
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/03/15
Send PM

Namco's Dirt Fox Control Values Needed (Solved)
#344741 - 09/04/15 02:40 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry that my first post is asking for help!

I'm brand new to this MAME and impressed with it so far but the titled is driving me crazy (pun intended).

I've noticed that most of the default analog control values in MAME when controlling with a digital pad are pretty useless making most analog based games unplayable prior to tinkering.

I've spent many an hour tweaking the controls to my fave analog games pretty perfectly, HOWEVER the above subject titled game is proving impossible!!! I am clearly doing something wrong!!!!

No matter what I tweak, the car's steering is just locked full lock to the right!!!!

I strongly suspect it's possible as I've seen a perfect run on youtube of the game using MAME.

Can anyone please share the values to allow me to enjoy this great looking game with a digital pad?

I'm using MAMEUI32 if that helps.

I would be most grateful!

Cheers,

JAC77
SW Tokyo

Edited by JAC77 (09/07/15 11:14 PM)

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

Re: Namco's Dirt Fox Control Values Needed new [Re: JAC77]
#344759 - 09/04/15 03:38 PM

How to calibrate the steering in Dirt Fox and Final Lap 2/3:
- hold 9, press f2
- verify that controls are set to zero then press f2 to exit.

Do the above while service mode is active i think and an extra test menu should
appear set the steering value to zero then exit service mode the steering should now be
calibrated corractly failing that if someone has done the above already maybe they can share
their dirtfoxj.nv file wiht you as thats where the calibrations are stored

Arcade Addict

JAC77
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Namco's Dirt Fox Control Values Needed new [Re: gamez fan]
#344829 - 09/07/15 05:00 AM

You are an absolute gent Arcade Addict for trying to assist and so very promptly.

Try as I did for a good hour I unfortunately could not get your solution to work.

For starters the vital 9 key was not mapped to any function in my MAME set-up so there was no way to for me to access said elusive screen where I could change any values to zero . Officially 9 by default I researched is:

`Insert Service Coin`

But there is no such terminology of a function in my MAME to map any key to that, let alone 9.

Dirt Fox was THE game that I downloaded MAME for so it's just my luck that it is the only game I have not been able to play!

I think my best bet would be to try and get my hands on this magical dirtfoxj.nv file as you suggested. Where would you suggest mate?

Would you be so extra kind as to try and get Dirt Fox controlling your end then email me this file?

Cheers,

JAC77
SW Tokyo

Edited by JAC77 (09/07/15 05:03 AM)

Ziggy100
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/14/08
Send PM

#344834 - 09/07/15 09:15 AM

'9' is a standard default mapping in Mame, you don't need to map it.

You need to hold '9' down whilst pressing F2, which will bring up this screen:

Making sure that all figures are at '000' simply press F2 again to take you back into the game then bring up the options menu and highlight 'Analog Controls' and press 'Enter'

Now higlight 'Paddle Sensitivity' and adjust up or down until you find a setting you like

JAC77
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Namco's Dirt Fox Control Values Needed new [Re: Ziggy100]
#344836 - 09/07/15 11:50 AM

Mate, that is so kind of you!!! Thank you!!!

But I promise holding down 9 and F2 does not bring up:

`ADJUSTMENT OF CONTROL`

With or without 9, F2 brings only the below order of screens by toggling through them in a repeated cycle using F3:

GAMES OPTIONS

SWITCH TEST

SOUND TEST

SCREEN ALIGNMENT GRID THINGY

RGB AND WHITE COLOUR TEST SCREEN THINGY

ADS MODE1 SCREEN

ADS MODE2 OPENING

This

`ADJUSTMENT OF CONTROL`

screen is what I have been looking for without knowing it then for over 3 months now trying to play this bloody fantastic looking game!!!

Any other ideas/options?

Cheers,

JAC77
SW Tokyo.

Edited by JAC77 (09/07/15 11:53 AM)

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

#344840 - 09/07/15 01:46 PM

> Mate, that is so kind of you!!! Thank you!!!
>
> But I promise holding down 9 and F2 does not bring up:
>
> `ADJUSTMENT OF CONTROL`
>
> With or without 9, F2 brings only the below order of screens by toggling through them
> in a repeated cycle using F3:

I had the same problem in the end i sussed it's linked to the "Test Mode" quite often that can also be called "Service Mode" you'll find it in the dip switch area if not look in input this game and assign it a button mapping if it's present in the dips just turn it from off to on if you have to assign it a button mapping then press the button once after either of the above
do an ingame reset to access the test menus

Now i cant mind for sure but i think i either turned on the service or test mode pressed
9+F2 then released em and done an ingame reset when the game rebooted the Adjustment Of Control Menu was present or it was while i was in the test mode i hit 9+F2 then done the ingame reset
it's one of the two

Personally i'd just give you the dirtfoxj.nv file but as im not using PC MAME i dont
have one handy

Arcade Addict

JAC77
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Namco's Dirt Fox Control Values Needed new [Re: gamez fan]
#344843 - 09/07/15 02:52 PM

Yes!

Bingo!

Finally!

Thank you so much you two for all your help. It's times like this where I actually love the internet!

What a game this is!

Namco's rotation hardware at this time was just the best in the business.

Cheers chaps!

JAC77
SW Tokyo

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 339 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2603