Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

trihy
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/15
Send PM

MAMEUI controls settings forgotten bug
#344535 - 08/29/15 11:41 PM

Hi guys, I was experiencing a problem with MAMEUI, after settings all controls to 2 xbox 360 controllers, all went fine, controller works.

But, as soon as I start MAME with one controller and the other one is off, after closing MAMEUI, all controller settings goes back to default.

Only way to avoid this, is always turning on both controllers before opening MAMEUI.

Tried mameuiFX and other mame frontends, and the same bug is present.

Also tried MESS, and the bug is present too.

So, I think itīs a source code bug.

Tried clean windows installs, win7, 8, 10, the bug was replicable in all systems. You just have to configure two controllers and after start mame/mess with just one. Controller settings will reset after next start. Some UI even closes with a "this program stopped working" others just take more time closing, but the problem after next start, is the same in all cases.

The bug can be replicated configuring more controllers. Bug is present as soon as you start mame with one controller off (1 of 2, 3 of 4, etc). Then, the next start, settings cleared.

Edited by trihy (08/29/15 11:44 PM)

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: MAMEUI controls settings forgotten bug new [Re: trihy]
#344537 - 08/30/15 12:47 AM

trihy
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAMEUI controls settings forgotten bug new [Re: Robbbert]
#344543 - 08/30/15 07:47 AM

Thanks. Good to know itīs a know bug.

It happens with all usb controllers combinations, as soon as a mapped controller is turned off or unplugged when you launch mame/mess, settings goes to default.

Reports are from 4 years ago and still is not fixed

The workarounds works partially.

Hope mame dev team fix this.

Tested nes, snes, genesis, ps2, and a ton of other emulators, none has this behavior.

Edited by trihy (08/30/15 07:48 AM)

trihy
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAMEUI controls settings forgotten bug new [Re: trihy]
#344597 - 08/31/15 04:04 PM

Anyone knows when this bug was introduced? I prefer to use an older version, configuring again 4 controllers on a media center non keyboard pc is a real pain.

Edited by trihy (08/31/15 05:04 PM)

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert 
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3344