Pages: 1

silvereagle
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/08/15
Send PM

UHID - IPAC question
#343663 - 08/08/15 02:12 PM

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Looking for some advise and information on Andy's UHID device.

I have a San Francisco Rush arcade cabinet I want to turn into a MAME driver and have been sitting on the fence regarding which controls to use. Either stock HAPP wheel, pedals, shifter or a Logitech G25 for simplicity sakes. I believe the UHID will handle the wheel and pedals as they are pot based. My questions are:

1.) How many pots can be connected to each header pin of the UHID? Does each header represent one POT device, meaning I would need 4 harnesses for the 4 devices?

2.) The shifter is 4 way micro switch based. Will the UHID be able to handle it or do I need the IPAC?

Thanks in advance for all the assistance fellows.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: UHID - IPAC question new [Re: silvereagle]
#343810 - 08/10/15 10:10 PM

Typically on a controller, each set of inputs goes to a control. I think the UHID accommodates 50 controls, which can be digital or analog. I recommend (re-)reading the documentation on it. I doubt anyone here has used one. BYOAC definitely, especially as they have an active dedicated Ultimarc forum, many there having done this sort of thing you're wanting to do.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Andy Warne 
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2760