View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

azoreseuropa
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/03/15
Send PM

SDL Mame for MAC question (Confused)
#343567 - 08/07/15 01:28 AM

I am using SDL Mame for MAC OS X and I loved it but I have a problem. I only collected my favorite roms and how do I make them readable on SDL Mame instead if scroll down to find them to play instead ?

Previous, I had MameUI 64 for Windows and It let me to read only the list that available in my rom folder and nothing else. Now I have MAC. I have a lot to lear about SDL Mame - Its a little bit complicate to me, really.

I don't like to scroll thousand and thousand roms list to find my favorite roms that is available in my folder. I want to enable my favorite roms that is available only in the list. Do you understand what I mean ? Sorry about my English.

azoreseuropa
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: SDL Mame for MAC question (Confused) new [Re: azoreseuropa]
#343589 - 08/07/15 01:54 PM

Hello ? Please help me out ? Sorry about my English. ^_^

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#343607 - 08/07/15 05:06 PM

> I am using SDL Mame for MAC OS X and I loved it but I have a problem. I only
> collected my favorite roms and how do I make them readable on SDL Mame instead if
> scroll down to find them to play instead ?
>
> Previous, I had MameUI 64 for Windows and It let me to read only the list that
> available in my rom folder and nothing else. Now I have MAC. I have a lot to lear
> about SDL Mame - Its a little bit complicate to me, really.
>
> I don't like to scroll thousand and thousand roms list to find my favorite roms that
> is available in my folder. I want to enable my favorite roms that is available only
> in the list. Do you understand what I mean ? Sorry about my English.

Hi,

You should use a frontend with MAME on the Mac such as 'QMC2', which can be configured to show your games any way you like.

azoreseuropa
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: SDL Mame for MAC question (Confused) new [Re: R. Belmont]
#343612 - 08/07/15 05:56 PM

> > I am using SDL Mame for MAC OS X and I loved it but I have a problem. I only
> > collected my favorite roms and how do I make them readable on SDL Mame instead if
> > scroll down to find them to play instead ?
> >
> > Previous, I had MameUI 64 for Windows and It let me to read only the list that
> > available in my rom folder and nothing else. Now I have MAC. I have a lot to lear
> > about SDL Mame - Its a little bit complicate to me, really.
> >
> > I don't like to scroll thousand and thousand roms list to find my favorite roms
> that
> > is available in my folder. I want to enable my favorite roms that is available only
> > in the list. Do you understand what I mean ? Sorry about my English.
>
> Hi,
>
> You should use a frontend with MAME on the Mac such as 'QMC2', which can be
> configured to show your games any way you like.

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, matter of fact I do. I forgot to mentioned that. I look at the options and I cannot find in QMC2 to scan only games that is available instead of scroll down for my games available.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#343622 - 08/07/15 08:07 PM

> Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, matter of fact I do. I forgot to mentioned that. I look
> at the options and I cannot find in QMC2 to scan only games that is available instead
> of scroll down for my games available.

You can chat with the QMC2 author on this forum once you register. He's been quite helpful for a lot of people.

azoreseuropa
MAME Fan
Send PM

#343634 - 08/07/15 11:58 PM

> > Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, matter of fact I do. I forgot to mentioned that. I
> look
> > at the options and I cannot find in QMC2 to scan only games that is available
> instead
> > of scroll down for my games available.
>
> You can chat with the QMC2 author on this forum once you register. He's been quite
> helpful for a lot of people.

Thank you kindly. Much appreciated!

azoreseuropa
MAME Fan
Send PM

#343709 - 08/09/15 12:59 AM

I did register there but I cannot access it until they approved at first. It was yesterday. I am still waiting for them.

azoreseuropa
MAME Fan
Send PM

#343754 - 08/09/15 09:09 PM

> > I am using SDL Mame for MAC OS X and I loved it but I have a problem. I only
> > collected my favorite roms and how do I make them readable on SDL Mame instead if
> > scroll down to find them to play instead ?
> >
> > Previous, I had MameUI 64 for Windows and It let me to read only the list that
> > available in my rom folder and nothing else. Now I have MAC. I have a lot to lear
> > about SDL Mame - Its a little bit complicate to me, really.
> >
> > I don't like to scroll thousand and thousand roms list to find my favorite roms
> that
> > is available in my folder. I want to enable my favorite roms that is available only
> > in the list. Do you understand what I mean ? Sorry about my English.
>
> Hi,
>
> You should use a frontend with MAME on the Mac such as 'QMC2', which can be
> configured to show your games any way you like.

Hello. You told me to go to that forum and I did registered two days ago and still not approval yet. I am still waiting.

Osso1
Reged: 10/17/04
Send PM

#343758 - 08/09/15 09:40 PM

Did you follow the instructions at the top of the page?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#343791 - 08/10/15 04:40 PM

> I did register there but I cannot access it until they approved at first. It was
> yesterday. I am still waiting for them.

Did you follow the special instructions to send an email? It's in large red letters to point out that it's different from other forums, but somehow people tend to overlook it anyway.

Due to a large quantity of spam posts to this forum, newly registered users need to contact the board administrator in order to have their accounts made live. To do this, send an e-mail quoting your username, real name, and a list of emulators that you are interested in (this is solely to prove that you are human rather than a spam bot!). Messages without this information will be ignored.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

#343817 - 08/10/15 10:36 PM

Quote:

Due to a large quantity of spam posts to this forum, newly registered users need to contact the board administrator in order to have their accounts made live. To do this, send an e-mail quoting your username, real name, and a list of emulators that you are interested in (this is solely to prove that you are human rather than a spam bot!).

Real name? Do they actually do a check like on the James Randi forum?

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

azoreseuropa
MAME Fan
Send PM

#343864 - 08/11/15 12:54 PM

> > I did register there but I cannot access it until they approved at first. It was
> > yesterday. I am still waiting for them.
>
> Did you follow the special instructions to send an email? It's in large red letters
> to point out that it's different from other forums, but somehow people tend to
> overlook it anyway.
>
> Due to a large quantity of spam posts to this forum, newly registered users need to
> contact the board administrator in order to have their accounts made live. To do
> this, send an e-mail quoting your username, real name, and a list of emulators that
> you are interested in (this is solely to prove that you are human rather than a spam
> bot!). Messages without this information will be ignored.

Thank you guys. I found their email and contacted them. They did approved me. Finally. Thank you again.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: SDL Mame for MAC question (Confused) new [Re: Traso]
#343871 - 08/11/15 05:46 PM

> Real name? Do they actually do a check like on the James Randi forum?

No, it's more to see if you can follow instructions.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 313 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1870