MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

paultup
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/08/04
Send PM

Video Classics machine
#343392 - 08/03/15 09:42 PM Attachment: 20150802_165709.jpg 3673 KB (0 downloads)

I saw this machine in the lobby of a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in Rockaway, NJ last night. I didn't get much of a chance to look at the machine, other than the fact it ran through an attract mode cycle for Apple Panic (shown) and another game that escapes my memory. The monitor is an LED panel behind plexiglass. There is no manufacturer's names anywhere to be found on the machine (surprise!), other than a "McGee Amusements" sticker on the coin slot. It sure seems like MAME as the underpinnings... anyone else see a machine like this?

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Video Classics machine new [Re: paultup]
#343395 - 08/03/15 11:20 PM

Might be 39-in-1. It's in MAME. EDIT: It's not the same.

It's probably similar to that 39-in-1 game that is in MAME already.

Edited by redk9258 (08/03/15 11:24 PM)

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#343407 - 08/04/15 01:20 AM

If you're that curious, for the hell of it, call up the distributing company & ask them for some specs.800-524-0654
See if it's a pcb or a PC.
If it's a pcb ask them about having the copyright holders permission to be using those games...

And if it's a PC with MAME, ask them about it being illegal to use MAME in that manner & copyright laws.

I'd love to hear a recording of their responses. If they don't hang up on you first of course...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

#343435 - 08/04/15 03:20 PM

> attract mode cycle for Apple Panic (shown)

The arcade version: Space Panic (or a clone).

Moose

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#343441 - 08/04/15 04:36 PM

> I saw this machine in the lobby of a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in Rockaway, NJ
> last night. I didn't get much of a chance to look at the machine, other than the fact
> it ran through an attract mode cycle for Apple Panic (shown) and another game that
> escapes my memory. The monitor is an LED panel behind plexiglass. There is no
> manufacturer's names anywhere to be found on the machine (surprise!), other than a
> "McGee Amusements" sticker on the coin slot. It sure seems like MAME as the
> underpinnings... anyone else see a machine like this?

If you can get away with it, one great way to gather clues is to unplug the machine and then plug it back in and watch it boot. MAMEdevs have been known to do such things at CAX on occasion

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

Re: Video Classics machine new [Re: R. Belmont]
#343477 - 08/05/15 11:51 AM

And then a 12-year-old child will bust out crying because you just erased his high score... and everyone in the place will look at you and shake their head in disgust

Dullaron
Mitchell or Dunard Garaus
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Video Classics machine new [Re: R. Belmont]
#343654 - 08/08/15 06:21 AM

> > I saw this machine in the lobby of a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant in Rockaway, NJ
> > last night. I didn't get much of a chance to look at the machine, other than the
> fact
> > it ran through an attract mode cycle for Apple Panic (shown) and another game that
> > escapes my memory. The monitor is an LED panel behind plexiglass. There is no
> > manufacturer's names anywhere to be found on the machine (surprise!), other than a
> > "McGee Amusements" sticker on the coin slot. It sure seems like MAME as the
> > underpinnings... anyone else see a machine like this?
>
> If you can get away with it, one great way to gather clues is to unplug the machine
> and then plug it back in and watch it boot. MAMEdevs have been known to do such
> things at CAX on occasion

I bet it a PC with MAME. Windows will show up after replug it in. lol

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 218 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2122